Looking for a Mandarin speaking maid

Nepal4me

Most likely need to go and find one to import yourself, most agencies are Burmese and Laos, many/most maids at the low end are illiterate no matter what their FL.

Yunnan border areas, Sichuan (good food!). Xinjiang's very poor. . .

You want some English too? Not maid payscales, advertise for a tutor, maybe 15-20k + room & board.

Go to the north provinces of Thailand, Chiang dao, even border birma. There are some villages around the north provinces with "chinese thais who can speak mandarin fluently.

Good idea. A bit far but could be worth it.

That is your only option for what you are looking for, an Mandarin speaking maid, in Thailand. IMO it is worth the distance. They would be happy to teach you Mandarin and be a maid for a monthly payment. And low cost too. Win win for both.

Basically you want a Mandarin tutor that doubles as a maid and get paid the salary of a maid?

That would be ideal. Best value all-round.

However, I would give her extra payment for overtime and extracurricular tasks...

lol

Mandarin tutors make 600B/h

Edited by Kitsune
  • Like 1

Basically you want a Mandarin tutor that doubles as a maid and get paid the salary of a maid?

That would be ideal. Best value all-round.

However, I would give her extra payment for overtime and extracurricular tasks...

lol

Mandarin tutors make 600B/h

wow..

Sent from my LG-P715 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you go "upstream" to the source, and aren't looking for an academically qualified person, just a reasonably edicated native speaker, you should be able to find someone for B10 - B15 per month.

But it will take travel, time and energy to find. Paying B20K + may well find you someone within Bangkok, more likely 30K is realistic, and for that you may well get someone with pedagogical experience.

If you go "upstream" to the source, and aren't looking for an academically qualified person, just a reasonably edicated native speaker, you should be able to find someone for B10 - B15 per month.

But it will take travel, time and energy to find. Paying B20K + may well find you someone within Bangkok, more likely 30K is realistic, and for that you may well get someone with pedagogical experience.

My buddy has a Chinese speaking maid, she charges 14K per month. They're in the city center. Apparently the Chinese maid mafia conspired to drive the rate up, previously it was in the 10 to 12K range but now it's up to 13 to 15K. Obviously they know they have a valuable commodity to sell.

I'm definately not looking for anything remotely pedagogical. I just want a maid and one that is a native speaker to converse with my young kids. I've been nosing around but so far haven't found one so thought I'd pose the question here on TV. I just mentioned Chiang Dao or the north to my wife to look for one, she said, "no that's red shirt turf, too dangeous to go there".... and my wife is from the north... go figure.