Aquaponic and Hydroponic Hobby Growing

Fapington

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These are a good product. I have 1 at my house for trials, and I ordered 50 more for my current project.

Thai Advance is the manufacturer, and they are made here in Thailand. Aquaponics Thailand is now the sole distributor in Thailand.

Aquaponics Thailand Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/1Aquaponics1

I did a video on the tower here:

Rice, did you see they were featured on the front page of the hydroponics magazine?

• 1 month later...

Thanks Rice555

Here are a few more from today. The concrete area didn't feel that large, but once the roof framing started going up, the scale felt much larger. The roof framing in the photo is the fish house. The growing area roof has not begun yet.

Here you can see 125 (completed) of the 200 (total) dutch buckets. The 1200L hydro sumps underground.

post-184243-0-78363100-1408608660_thumb.

post-184243-0-12055500-1408608682_thumb.

post-184243-0-17363300-1408608706_thumb.

post-184243-0-48897200-1408608730_thumb.

post-184243-0-40818300-1408608754_thumb.

Hey Guys,

Just a few pics from my latest aquaponics system.

Still a ways to go, but progressing nicely.

Good stuff Fapington, thanks for the photos.

I couldn't find tanks like yours and bought IBC's not so cheap 3000each.

Hello All, I saw them at HortiAsia2014, someone with a space problem might be interested.

They also have a Facebook page with more pic's.

www.thaiagritech.com

rice555

I've emailed this crowd on fb and their private email about prices etc and no reply, that's not good business practice!

Hello All, I saw them at HortiAsia2014, someone with a space problem might be interested.

They also have a Facebook page with more pic's.

www.thaiagritech.com

rice555

I've emailed this crowd on fb and their private email about prices etc and no reply, that's not good business practice!

Hello All, phone calls here work better than @'s, and you will most

likely need someone to talk Thai on your end.

I show my wife what I'm looking for and some info and what price

range things should be before the call, also pictures!!

It would be nice to be able to go to a good web site with some info

and prices, but here it's Flash and worthless ………. The IT hub of

Asia, not in my lifetime.

rice555

• 5 weeks later...

Hello All, Fapington if you have a spare minute in setting up your new system, would

like to see how your project is going, more pictures please.

I'm trying to decide on what size bag to use when planting and clean up my old coir

to use for the new crop. Seeding egg and tom's seed today.

Pic is from last night critter check.

rice555

post-37242-0-45287500-1411540941_thumb.j

Hey Rice555,

Took these today before shutting down. Nearly completed with the fish setup. Have been prioritizing the fish side of things as they are due to be delivered within a week or so. I will be growing Barramundi (seabass).

I am doing both Aquaponics and Hydroponics, however they are completely segregated.

post-184243-0-80642100-1411558603_thumb.

post-184243-0-61272800-1411558605_thumb.

post-184243-0-62711700-1411558607_thumb.

post-184243-0-53444600-1411558609_thumb.

post-184243-0-97252500-1411558611_thumb.

Edited by Fapington

Sounds good rice555,

I'm pretty satisfied with the little scaled I picked up. Does the trick anyways!

In my opinion (which means absolutely nothing) I only really care about making sure my nuts are not at toxic levels. So yes, a scale is necessary, but I'm not going to lose sleep over a few .001's. smile.png

These fish tanks have been an arduous process to set up, including filters etc....once that is done, I should be able to set my dutch buckets and towers up in just about a week or so. I'm working alone, so it takes a little longer. I've never worked with 3" PVC, it's a lot more work than slamming together some 1" and calling it a day. The growing roof won't be done for another month (i suspect longer), but I will proceed with bucket/tower set up while they are still building the roof.

Got lots of toms started! Should be fully operational in 30 - 45 days.

Edited by Fapington

Hello All, I have a 1Kg scale, but it only goes by grams, I need some thing to

weigh out all the ingredients and down to .2xx for the Moly, and only thing that

come out an even number is the Cu.

For the price of the scale, I can deal with the drift, but if I had to mix more nutes,

I would get one for more than double the price range I'm going to buy.

rice555

Hi all, Rice and Fapington it is very important that you weigh those micro elements very accurately, it does not take a lot to make them toxic so those 0.001s "DO MATTER", to make it a bit easier to mix the micros for you both , you could use a 1-200 dilution rate [ 5ml per 10 litres ] of water which means you will double all the elements in the same volume of water, and you will end up at the same EC of 2.5 or another way if you are going to mix a three part formula you can make 40 litres of Part C which will give you the minimum amount to weigh would be Sodium Molybdate at 1.008 grams, "UP TOO YOO" coffee1.gif

Cheers

Scoop

Good advice Scoop!

If I had the tanks, I would literally mix up 1,000 liters of concentrate at 1:200 at a time. I hate mixing nuts. haha

Some of this stuff settles out really bad. Needs a good shake before mixing up working solution. I can't say how the tomatoes are performing with this nut mix yet, but I have some Okra, Eggplant, and Bell Peppers that are absolutely massive, viral, and very healthy. Fried up an eggplant the other night, taste was over the top, and I don't normally get excited about eggplant.

I should mention the above veggies are growing in soil, being watered/fertlized with the tomato nut mix.

Edited by Fapington

Good advice Scoop!

If I had the tanks, I would literally mix up 1,000 liters of concentrate at 1:200 at a time. I hate mixing nuts. haha

Some of this stuff settles out really bad. Needs a good shake before mixing up working solution. I can't say how the tomatoes are performing with this nut mix yet, but I have some Okra, Eggplant, and Bell Peppers that are absolutely massive, viral, and very healthy. Fried up an eggplant the other night, taste was over the top, and I don't normally get excited about eggplant.

I should mention the above veggies are growing in soil, being watered/fertlized with the tomato nut mix.

Hi Fapington, firstly the nutrient concentrate should certainly NOT be settling out, my guess is that either the fertilisers are not of a technical grade and totally soluble or you may have not dissolved them properly, at a dilution rate of 1-100 it should be perfect, it does take lots of shaking of the drums while you are adding the fertiliser salts { it can take 24 hours } and check to see if it is all dissolved before you put them into their individual containers, put your clean hand in there to check if there is any solids, if there is, keep shaking. That's great that the soil born plants are doing well, my mother uses more of my nutrient in her soil garden than I use in my hydroponics, the reason it works so well in soil is because it is perfectly balanced and the plants don't have to go looking for anything.

Cheers

Scoop

Ps - peanuts, hazel nuts , macadamia nuts, YES, hydroponic nuts , NO, hydroponic nutrient, YES clap2.gif

Edited by Scoop1

Hi again Fapington, just remembered that you are using Iron Chelate EDDHA, and as I stated in a previous PM that it settles badly in a hydroponic nutrient concentrate and that's why it is not used in the industry very much unless there is a major Ph. problem, it is normally added to the working strength solution just before use , my advice is get some Iron Chelate EDTA for your hydroponics and keep the EDDHA for your Aquaponics, let me know and I will change the mix, I am sure that it will be only the Part A that is settling out, the Part B and C should be fine if you have mixed them correctly

Cheers

Scoop

I never used the EDDHA in my nutrient mix. I ordered EDTA before mixing.

I get settling in both my A and C solutions.

When I ordered micro nutrients, Wesco came back to me and suggested using the Nic Spray because it is completely water soluble. They did not mention that their individual micro nutrients I ordered were not water soluble.

Perhaps they know some of those micro's they are selling are not completely soluble.

Edited by Fapington

Hello All, Fapington, the copy of the bill you PM'ed me show Fe DTPA, did you

change your order?

Here's the WESCO NIC-SPRAY info, some over, some under what Scoop's

formula calls out + MgO. At one time back when, I posted on one of the old

hydro threads that I had got Rexlon APN from Wesco and it was a mix that

what closer what you need in nutes for hydro.

I'm looking forward to mixing up my own micros and get away from Nic-Spray.

rice555

post-37242-0-67345900-1411715215_thumb.p

Hello All, the Fe in your pic's is what I've been using since I began mixing my

own with the WESCO formula with Nic-Spray. The Fe chelate EDTA I'm about

to use is 13.2% and Scoop worked up the numbers for the weight's.

I have a pic of the yellow box Fe in my phone and show the girl at the ag store

where I've been buying for years, they have your Fe, but she brought out a box

of the yellow, but they charge Bt.500 a box. Still with the S & H from Wesco, it runs

close. I'll roughly get 11 mixes per 1Kg of Fe, so if I start to mix up more, because

things are working as planed, I'll buy several Kg's next time from Wesco.

I seeded more trays a few days back, some for dirt at the farm. but my table tom's

for the house. This year I'm planting in stages and not have it hit all at one time.

rice555

post-37242-0-43850300-1411748390_thumb.j

Nice seedling setup Rice!

I've got all my toms started, will hold off on getting the leafy greens going till I have fish.

I stocked 500 pla duk today, just as test fish, and to get the nitrification going. Those will all come out, and be tossed in the pond before the pla kapong arrive.

Here are some pics of things growing with Scoop's mix. All are doing very well.

post-184243-0-74456500-1411748897_thumb.

post-184243-0-34820700-1411748910_thumb.

post-184243-0-60209800-1411748940_thumb.

post-184243-0-96661800-1411748954_thumb.

post-184243-0-70881200-1411748967_thumb.

Hi all, Rice and Fapington, the Iron Fe DTPA should be fine, I have never used it, I only use EDTA because it does not settle out but I don't know about the DTPA settling out, that said you should not have any settling out in any of the mix certainly NOT the Part C because it only has minute amounts in it and particularly at a dilution rate of 1-100, there is something wrong somewhere , as I said it takes a lot of shaking for the fertiliser salts to dissolve and i do it over a 24 hour period and check that there is no lumps in the bottom of the mixing drums, I think next time use the Fe EDTA and that will eliminate that side of it,i have just looked again at what you ordered and it all looks fine I don't understand why it is settling out, how clean is the water you used, maybe you just did not give it enough shaking and time, can you send me a quick list of what went into A , B, and C maybe you have put something in the wrong drum, its is possible!!

Cheers

Scoop

Edited by Scoop1