iPhone Siri using True 4G - cool

skippybangkok

I use iPhone Siri quite a lot. I'm not even sure if there is a technical reason to explain perceived improvement in recognition , but I feel that dictating on 4g is obviously instantaneous, but I feel the accuracy is a lot better as well

Most of the places I go now in Bangkok already have 4G

(dictated via Siri :) )

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most places I went to don't even have 2100 mhz 3G from Truemove-h (so I am connected to 850 mhz network). It seems you travel a lot between Siam Paragon & Central World & ploenchit :)

I would say of last month draw a circle about 10 km radius from Siam Paragon is about the 4g coverage

My experience

All the way down Bangna from Bangkok to about mega Bangna

North past central ladprao

From Siam all the way along Sukhumvit to Bangna

I am in under ground train now, also

I am pretty much getting more 4G coverage now than 3G coverage

Maybe time to buy an iPhone hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Most places I went to don't even have 2100 mhz 3G from Truemove-h (so I am connected to 850 mhz network). It seems you travel a lot between Siam Paragon & Central World & ploenchit smile.png

I would say of last month draw a circle about 10 km radius from Siam Paragon is about the 4g coverage

My experience

All the way down Bangna from Bangkok to about mega Bangna

North past central ladprao

From Siam all the way along Sukhumvit to Bangna

I am in under ground train now, also

I am pretty much getting more 4G coverage now than 3G coverage

Maybe time to buy an iPhone hahaha

I have an iPhone 5S and using truemove-h and truemove before that with iPhone 4/4S/5 (and now 5S). I still keep my old package (599 baht, 3gb unlimited and 384 kbit after 3Gb, 300 min all networks, 300 sms, 50 mms)

True base stations is way behind AIS 3G deployments. If I can get my hands on an AIS iPhone 6 end of this year, I plan to switch to AIS (iPhone special packages at lower monthly prices).

True base stations is way behind AIS 3G deployments.

Sorry buddy - totally in correct

True 3G is way ahead of AIS in terms of deployment / coverage. And if you want to count towers - their 2100 MHz covers 1/3 rd of the area as compared to 850 MHz.

But then again - we are talking about how well Siri works on 4G in this thread

True base stations is way behind AIS 3G deployments.

Sorry buddy - totally in correct

True 3G is way ahead of AIS in terms of deployment / coverage. And if you want to count towers - their 2100 MHz covers 1/3 rd of the area as compared to 850 MHz.

But then again - we are talking about how well Siri works on 4G in this thread

I'm talking about 2100 mhz deployment and you are twisting it by cat 3g network. If I'm not happy with 850 mhz 3g, I would have changed it long time ago.

This is the proof:

Most places I went to don't even have 2100 mhz 3G from Truemove-h (so I am connected to 850 mhz network). It seems you travel a lot between Siam Paragon & Central World & ploenchit smile.png

Edited by muratremix

I'm talking about 2100 mhz deployment and you are twisting it by cat ="1393567844"]Most places I went to don't even have 2100 mhz 3G from Truemove-h (so I am connected to 850 mhz network). It seems you travel a lot between

Seems ur a sucker for AIS's "real 3G" marketing - what a load of tripe

You have yet to explain technically it's advantage - good luck with that one.

I can give tons of 850 advantages , 1/3 less cells required, better in building penetration etc etc

Not to forget True 3G is the largest network in the country

But then again irrelevant , cause I am mainly on 4G in Bangkok :)

Edited by skippybangkok
  • Like 1

I'm talking about 2100 mhz deployment and you are twisting it by cat ="1393567844"]Most places I went to don't even have 2100 mhz 3G from Truemove-h (so I am connected to 850 mhz network). It seems you travel a lot between

I can give tons of 850 advantages , 1/3 less cells required, better in building penetration etc etc

But then again irrelevant , cause I am mainly on 4G in Bangkok smile.png

SkippyBangkok is again completely correct and Muratremix shows once again that he does not understand how mobile network works.

I am also on True 3G and I still cannot find one area (and I travel a lot around Thailand) where the 850Mhz 3G does not connect. Now AIS can still advertise on its "supposedly" better network he had in 2002, it is definitely not the best right now.

Now to get back on topic, I'd be interested to know whether Siri is actually working better with a faster Internet connection or if it is an upgraded firmware that just makes it better.

GJ

SkippyBangkok is again completely correct and Muratremix shows once again that he does not understand how mobile network works.

I am also on True 3G and I still cannot find one area (and I travel a lot around Thailand) where the 850Mhz 3G does not connect. Now AIS can still advertise on its "supposedly" better network he had in 2002, it is definitely not the best right now.

Now to get back on topic, I'd be interested to know whether Siri is actually working better with a faster Internet connection or if it is an upgraded firmware that just makes it better.

GJ

If you dare to search my old posts you'll see I have pretty much knowledge how mobile networks work, how 850 mhz 3G has 15km diameter coverage instead of 5km diameter like 2100 mhz and so on and so on. Do you really want to humiliate yourself? I told here I'm using truemove-h and have no problems on 850 mhz, it works in my village in Isaan aswell.

However, both you and skippy dude fail to understand is Truemove is in financial trouble and not deploying enough base stations for 2100 mhz band they have won license.

If you think 850 mhz 3G is superior to 2100 mhz in every way, why don't all other countries don't use it in crowded cities? You absolutely have no idea what contention is and you think one single base station serve in a 15 km area?

You guys definately don't know who you are dealing with and still trying your chance. Don't worry I can ridicule you if thats what you want.

AIS 3g 2100 mhz is the fastest growing network at the moment, proof is we get ais 2100 mhz 3g signal in our village which is in a remote part of Isaan.

Just because 850 mhz has 15km coverage instead of 5, you end up with 3 times less base stations idea? Your math sucks, you should study math in your xbox one asap.

2100 mhz 3G is pretty much better in crowded areas because they can deploy much more base stations without cause interference and serve more people. Thats why in Singapore, Hong Kong and pretty much everywhere they use 2100 mhz 3G. 850/900 mhz 3G should be used supplementarily to expand coverage in rural areas. Thats what they do in Australia, big piece of rock with Desert in middle.

Now stop ridiculing yourself and don't make bold claims. Good luck with your True 4G in extremely limited locations, not everybody lives in ploenchit/silom and vicinity.

Just because 850 mhz has 15km coverage instead of 5, you end up with 3 times less base stations idea? Your math sucks, you should study math in your xbox one asap.

2100 mhz 3G is pretty much better in crowded areas because they can deploy much more base stations without cause interference and serve more people. Thats why in Singapore, Hong Kong and pretty much everywhere they use 2100 mhz 3G. 850/900 mhz 3G should be used supplementarily to expand coverage in rural areas. Thats what they do in Australia, big piece of rock with Desert in middle.

Now stop ridiculing yourself and don't make bold claims. Good luck with your True 4G in extremely limited locations, not everybody lives in ploenchit/silom and vicinity.

Oh I forgot, you were the one in another thread that was throwing insults, I should have known.

Back on topic please!

If you want back on topic stop insulting me with void claims in the first place. There is no such thing "throw a rock and back to business as usual". You throw a rock, I throw back. How's that?

Back to topic, Siri understand english of non-native speakers like hell. Android voice dictation works much better in my native tongue (didn't try English yet).

GJ

If you dare to search my old posts you'll see I have pretty much knowledge how mobile networks work, how 850 mhz 3G has 15km diameter coverage instead of 5km diameter like 2100 mhz and so on and so on. Do you really want to humiliate yourself? I told here I'm using truemove-h and have no problems on 850 mhz, it works in my village in Isaan aswell.

However, both you and skippy dude fail to understand is Truemove is in financial trouble and not deploying enough base stations for 2100 mhz band they have won license.

If you think 850 mhz 3G is superior to 2100 mhz in every way, why don't all other countries don't use it in crowded cities? You absolutely have no idea what contention is and you think one single base station serve in a 15 km area?

You guys definately don't know who you are dealing with and still trying your chance. Don't worry I can ridicule you if thats what you want.

AIS 3g 2100 mhz is the fastest growing network at the moment, proof is we get ais 2100 mhz 3g signal in our village which is in a remote part of Isaan.

Muratremix is right, example you live in area c which is 15 km and there will only be one 850mhz pole to cover all the density of area c. So all users in the interval 0.00001 km to 15 km will connect to one station overloading it. But since 2.1ghz only covers 4-5 km, mathematically you would require 3 poles of 2.1ghz to cover all the area c's 15 km which means the same number of people living in area c will now be divided to to 3 poles reducing the contention instead over burdening one pole of 850ghz.

I use true move 4g myself and get around 50-60 mb in my area in sukhumvit Bangkok

TrueMove's Cat agreement will be terminated in one day or Truemove will decide to move customers to its own 2100 mhz network in order to not pay concession fees to Cat. While this is happening, AIS plans to deploy nationwide 2100 mhz 3G to all Thailand until end of this year because they'll lose their 900 mhz concession pretty soon.

I've been a loyal postpaid truemove user for 3 years but things may change.

Siri could work in AIS 3g 2100 mhz faster in one day! :)

TrueMove's Cat agreement will be terminated in one day or Truemove will decide to move customers to its own 2100 mhz network in order to not pay concession fees to Cat. While this is happening, AIS plans to deploy nationwide 2100 mhz 3G to all Thailand until end of this year because they'll lose their 900 mhz concession pretty soon.

I've been a loyal postpaid truemove user for 3 years but things may change.

Siri could work in AIS 3g 2100 mhz faster in one day! :)

Lol..... You really really don't know what you talking about and I don't even believe your a post paid customer.

I will stick with True's largest Nationwide 3G in the country, but only when in am not in Bangkok where I can enjoy 4G

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

I don’t think Siri uses a lot of bandwidth, but not sure where the servers are located and if international bandwidth/routing becomes an issue. I doubt that the access method: 4G/3G/broadband is the limiting, or enhancing factor. Perhaps the OP has issues with CAT/850 and their network using Siri, but with TrueMove H/LTE it is much better?

In the Android world I use “OK Google” every day, maybe for as many as 100 tasks (mostly email message, search) and it seems to work equally well on home/office broadband networks as 3G. On 3G I get ~ 25 Mbps/3 Mbps, which is better than most of the broadband networks I am often attached to via WiFi, but do not notice a difference in the STT performance. Once in a while, no spoken words appear for a few seconds and then the whole sentence will appear. Not sure if that’s a phone/OS issue, a network issue or a “OK Google” issue?

Further, I think both applications utilize a local (in the device) STT dictionary which builds up over time, reducing the need to go out to the network. In theory, over time (unless one flashes a new ROM) this should improve perceived performance. Or maybe the OP is greatly expanding his vocabulary over time (although there is no evidence of this in the posts here)?

Performance for TrueMove H customers on both the CAT/850 network and the LTE/2100 network should be really good as there are still not too many customers on either. There aren’t that many LTE/Band 1 compatible devices in Thailand, not all of those are on TrueMove H. They’ve said they are expanding the LTE service to 13 – 17 provincial capitals. We’ll have to wait until their Analyst Briefing next Friday – they did announce their Q4 and 2013 financials yesterday, another huge loss - to get a feel for how they are doing with 2100 MHz (3G and LTE) deployments. They do have NBTC Auction contract requirements to meet 2100 MHz/3G coverage targets at two and four years, but should be able to do that now that they’ve raised capital via their Growth/Infrastructure Fund.

850 MHz is good for rural or mid-suburban areas, while 2100 MHz is better for urban areas. LTE also gives operators a higher density factor, which is probably more important than raw speed for the end-user?

Edited by lomatopo
  • Like 1

I see a very clear difference ... With 3G you get that thinking circle, and a few seconds pause as it takes the voice clip to Apple servers for recognition.

With 4G - the text appears almost instantly. Maybe perception, but I feel I get better recognition too

I see a very clear difference ... With 3G you get that thinking circle, and a few seconds pause as it takes the voice clip to Apple servers for recognition.

With 4G - the text appears almost instantly. Maybe perception, but I feel I get better recognition too

Perhaps in 3G you are in 850 mhz network, the one you claimed superior to AIS 3G remember?

850 mhz 3g is unfortunately too crowded, speeds drop down to 0.5 mbit in some shopping malls or crowded areas.

Perhaps in 3G you are in 850 mhz network, the one you claimed superior to AIS 3G remember?

850 mhz 3g is unfortunately too crowded, speeds drop down to 0.5 mbit in some shopping malls or crowded areas.

You really have no clue what your talking about....... might impress the buddies, but not people who know something about telecoms

would also like to see the maths behind those so called 14 million AIS customers who are on "AIS 3G"..... all that on 15 mhz spectrum - amazing feat of physics....... lol..... not many that can figure out whats really happening.

p.s. in those "crowded malls", i am 4G
Edited by skippybangkok

You really have no clue what your talking about....... might impress the buddies, but not people who know something about telecoms

would also like to see the maths behind those so called 14 million AIS customers who are on "AIS 3G"..... all that on 15 mhz spectrum - amazing feat of physics....... lol..... not many that can figure out whats really happening.

p.s. in those "crowded malls", i am 4G

You mean siam paragon? Its not that crowded. You ever tried in Chatuchak market in weekend? Now thats crowded.

Nope - mean u have no clue about telecoms from a technical and a regulatory perspective

So I have no clue, and lomatopo (expert on telecoms here in TV) has no clue but you know it all? You should find a better prank for Aprils fool, you're one month early and nobody is laughing.

When you can't find something to support your claims, you start attacking wrecklessly. You think you are good at trolling, but you are not. You should play more xbox and play less trolling game.

Cut his bias out, Loma is proficient

Read ur own txt - it's clear you don't have a clue.

What I said is not different than what Lomatopo said. If you can't see it, its your problem.

Talk with facts or stop trolling, as I said you are very bad at trolling, quit while you can.

When you don't agree with someone, they are the ones with bias and not you right? You have grandeur complex or what?

Unless you have a degree or special interest in telecoms please for your own sake stop your BS arguements which you can't support.

great forum, 2 guys can't even have a debate about 3g, 4g whatever without hurling insults..... has Thai Visa always been like this ?

Nope. It was as peaceful as Thailand before.

I just can't stand guys with void/fake/incorrect claims.

great forum, 2 guys can't even have a debate about 3g, 4g whatever without hurling insults..... has Thai Visa always been like this ?

At the end if the day, you know squat about telecoms both from a regulatory and technical perspective.

Don't blame me for that

Edited by skippybangkok

At the end if the day, you know squat about telecoms both from a regulatory and technical perspective.

Don't blame me for that

Prove me wrong or <deleted>. You have too many unproven claims, which proves you know nothing about what you're talking.

Go back to playing your xbox one. Troll others in online gaming.

Wise men say:

Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

It's so bad even Loma does not dare to quote you :)