Caretaker premier Yingluck says she's willing to die on the democratic battlefield

webfact

Compared to other Thai leaders of decades past, she is a national hero. Standing her ground against anarchy and sedition.Willing to defend her programs and policies that were designed to help ordinary Thais economically. if she goes, it will be a sad day for Thailand. A popularly elected PM being run out of town by a rogue group evangelizing the placement of a "people's council" with 185 insiders designated as the committee.

Yingluck stood her ground , tried to peacefully negotiate with someone who refused to negotiate, and she will be remembered as a democratic hero.

National hero? ask any Thai south of Chiang Mai or Khon Kean if they agrees to this.

Yingluck Stood her ground? Thought she just made a runner for the hills in Chiang Rai.

Tried to peacfully negotiate? ask the mothers of the kids killed during the last week if they agrees to that.

Oh! the dead child argument again. any death is wrong, don't you think or don't you think.

using the deaths of children as you are doing (I believe) to win a political argument is despicable.

• Like 1

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yingluck is a hero, showing strength, leadership and standing up for democracy in the face of obnoxious bullying by some very cowardly people.

Suthep is a corrupt, boneheaded bully with murder charges hanging over his head... and yet, bizarrely enough and to their utter shame, we have a vocal group of posters on this forum supporting this scumbag. Suthep is worthless, he is just interested in a power grab at all costs.

You're right: she is cute and she has nice catch phrases. (She pays thinker\writers as she pays voters)

This is for the outlook. Now what can she do on her own? Fill the blanks ___________________________.

Compared to other Thai leaders of decades past, she is a national hero. Standing her ground against anarchy and sedition.Willing to defend her programs and policies that were designed to help ordinary Thais economically. if she goes, it will be a sad day for Thailand. A popularly elected PM being run out of town by a rogue group evangelizing the placement of a "people's council" with 185 insiders designated as the committee.

Yingluck stood her ground , tried to peacefully negotiate with someone who refused to negotiate, and she will be remembered as a democratic hero.

National hero? ask any Thai south of Chiang Mai or Khon Kean if they agrees to this.

Yingluck Stood her ground? Thought she just made a runner for the hills in Chiang Rai.

Tried to peacfully negotiate? ask the mothers of the kids killed during the last week if they agrees to that.

Oh! the dead child argument again. any death is wrong, don't you think or don't you think.

using the deaths of children as you are doing (I believe) to win a political argument is despicable.

No, defending a puppet dictator who does not care at all if kids are killed for the sake of having her power crazy clan in power is despicable.

Standing her ground? By fleeing to the north?

Willing to defend? By refusing to debate?

Negotiate? "No I don't know how to debate"?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Some people will always ignore the truth, blind faith ( a good group) will help them support suthep and his mob, that hates them.

Maggie thatcher, Ang sang su kyi, Indira Ghandi, Angela Merkel.

At last thailand has a PM that can stand up to all the old men who want to rule by thuggery.

No man stand up to the army and elite as she has done and with such dignity

Maggie Thatcher, yep the most divisive PM in the UK during the 20th century.

Angela Merkel, ask large parts of Europe about that?

I think to class yingluck a puppet of a fugitive in the same sentence if the other two is a joke.

Even Merkel and Thatcher have their own ideologies , and as much as I disliked Thatcher she was a clever and forthright politician.

No, defending a puppet dictator who does not care at all if kids are killed for the sake of having her power crazy clan in power is despicable.

You see no truth in what you are saying, but you just have to say it! (puppet dictator, doesn't care about dying kids) where do you get this crap? from suthep?

or do you make it up as you go along.

If you regard this as a 'simplistic rant' then shame upon you. The point is about the support claimed for his drugs war is the difference between theory and practice. Thaksin used a series of popularist images to get people on his side, but the reality of the practice was vastly different. You posters who come out with these comments should think a little deeper about the issues because behind these types of policies there may lie a greater truth. For example, the campaign against identifying the Jews as the enemy was an approach taken by a certain regime - but this became a runaway train and people - who may have been perfectly good and ordinary working class souls - found themselves on the train aiding a regime in the slaughter of many people. This is how mass psychology works. Thaksin's case is not comparable in its mass, but he used similar psychology: Build up the picture of the enemy and once that is accepted go in for the kill. In this case it did no good whatsoever, partly because the main dealers were not targeted and also because he used this as a) a smokescreen to get rid of certain opponents and cool.png build popularity and show himself as a man of steel. Sadly many of those killed were not dealers. The charity that promotes reducing the harm caused by drug addiction identified many of those killed as harmless drug users who were pulled out of drop in centres and shot in the back of the head. Interesting here because a real drugs policy would not order extra judicial executions, however popular that may seem. It's undemocratic and autocratic and stinks of the kind of dictatorship you'd find in North Korea. The high places that you refer to made no comment in public about this. However, when those in much higher places identified the drug cultivation problem, they set up a projects which changed the game: instead of growing poppies people were encouraged to develop market gardens. Decisions at this intelligent and critical level can impact on and change society in a beneficial way as we have seen. Undemocratic decisions that lead to the slaughter of innocents in order to solve a problem in society is hardly an intelligent or even humane approach. If you would like chapter and verse on Mass Psychology, and in particular the mass psychology as used in both some religions and in politics such as communist or fascist regimes, I am happy to help you.

You misunderstand my post. I have nothing but contempt for Thaksin and I personally view his "war on drugs" as evil, particularly as I know (innocent) people who were murdered in it. However, it was just another of his populist policies and you won't find many Thai politicians bringing it up as a weapon against him as many of them supported it.

It's easy to paint Thaksin as evil, a dictator etc etc, but doing so is just playing the anti-democracy game. If you can't see that the current problem is far more than just Thaksin's past misdemeanours or crimes, you should do some reading around the subject!

(And you might want to make your rants easier to read by using paragraphing!)

well it's really easy to condemn Thaksin if you mention only the bad things (in your opinion!) but what about Health Insurance, what about water management, what about Public Transport, what about the rice scheme (in it's real sense)? For developing Thailand he was a mile stone!!

The best way to take 5 is to give 2 wink.png

Maggie thatcher, Ang sang su kyi, Indira Ghandi, Angela Merkel.

At last thailand has a PM that can stand up to all the old men who want to rule by thuggery.

No man stand up to the army and elite as she has done and with such dignity

Maggie Thatcher, yep the most divisive PM in the UK during the 20th century.

Angela Merkel, ask large parts of Europe about that?

I think to class yingluck a puppet of a fugitive in the same sentence if the other two is a joke.

Even Merkel and Thatcher have their own ideologies , and as much as I disliked Thatcher she was a clever and forthright politician.

And so is Yingluck, she has kept suthep under her thumb, as much as you wish otherwise.

PS what does suthep think of farangs? please give me one quote.

Edited by lostinsurin
  • Like 1

What a Muppet! As defence minister... I remember when she took up the defence portfolio despite having zero knowledge about the armed forces. Usually a PM would tap someone with in-depth knowledge about military for that post. But I still remember what she told the press. She took the post to "Learn about the armed forces," as if she's going to school. She's been out of her depth since she left the womb.

Edited by spermwhale

she earns respect thumbsup.gif

not mine!

but your's, dear farang, does not count!

she has the majority of Thais with her - don't believe it?

go to the BALLOT

I spoke to a 'Yellow; friend today her name was 'Na.. bla bla' and even she had to admit she hates what Suthep thugs are doing

IF he had done it "Gandhi style" - peaceful and with decorum he might have won - mai bpen rai and 'som nam na'

How odd! I thought she was already dead.coffee1.gif Like that chap who has just fled from the Ukraine, lot of it about these days.

Women don't shirk as men do.

I saw the news tonight and was like, wow, she has really stood up to them when all thought she would crumble and allow them back into power.

• Like 2

tonight Dear Leader says:

"I personally hope the game will be over by March" cheesy.gif

Why is he going home? clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

well he promises AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN back to November

"shut down BKK", "finished by Friday", over by Saturday", done by "Sunday" - and "win by New year"

pathetic

BKK operating normally - his stages shut down - he has 5,000 morons left? rally sites closing and people bored - yingluck wins GAME OVER

Yingluck is a hero, showing strength, leadership and standing up for democracy in the face of obnoxious bullying by some very cowardly people.

Suthep is a corrupt, boneheaded bully with murder charges hanging over his head... and yet, bizarrely enough and to their utter shame, we have a vocal group of posters on this forum supporting this scumbag. Suthep is worthless, he is just interested in a power grab at all costs.

No Moonao there are not a vocal group of people supporting this scumbag (suthep). There are a vocal number of posters who utterly and completely oppose YL and her 'blatantly obvious corrupt government which is dragging the country down to new lows. The two are mutually exclusive.

And by the same token there are also a blind and an almost obsessive compulsive group of posters on TVF who support such a dimwitted, brainless bimbo of a PM and the policies of her caddies minsters and government. I mean Chalerm - seriously?? You''ll get more sense from an alcoholic Glaswegian tramp on Burns night than that fool.

But in a mature democracy that doesn't mean we can't still be friends does it?

I think you my friend will find you are wrong, there are plenty of suthep lovers, as there are also those who don't think she is a bimbo as you put it.

But you get back to your poetry evening in Glasgow.

tonight Dear Leader says:

"I personally hope the game will be over by March" cheesy.gif

Why is he going home? clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

well he promises AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN back to November

"shut down BKK", "finished by Friday", over by Saturday", done by "Sunday" - and "win by New year"

pathetic

BKK operating normally - his stages shut down - he has 5,000 morons left? rally sites closing and people bored - yingluck wins GAME OVER

I don't think he had much option but to shut down his Shutdown, as his band of anti-democracy protestors had been dwindling by the day. Makes sense for him to consolidate it at one main site.

Well said, and that he hates farangs is beyond the fools.

Yes but some might well argue that most of the population does as well to varying degrees. Which certainly would give Suthep something in common with them? That is after all who is primary audience is?

Wouldn't you agree?

No

Some people will always ignore the truth, blind faith ( a good group) will help them support suthep and his mob, that hates them.

Where & when did I state any support for Suthep? Look at all my posts. If you want to debate then base it on facts!

Where & when did I state any support for Suthep? Look at all my posts. If you want to debate then base it on facts!

Some people, is that you?