"mismatched couples" - definition?

Tmymaimee

On an earlier thread about finding Mrs.Right, a poster felt that many Thai farang couples were "mismatched" but didn't elaborate. It tweaked my interest, as a friend's daughter was visiting recently (21 year old luk kreung) and made the same comment, on which she further added…."its just not right".

In her case (not sure about the first poster), she was referring to how many unattractive (bald &short) farang men could attract a 7 / 7.5 Thai girl whereas in the west, he would be relegated to a 1.0 (obese and multiple offspring).

Today I am spending time on some islands with a gorgeous, childless 27 year old, white skinned Lao girl and I notice many men (Thai and farang) stare at her, for one reason being its an odd sight as in the west, she would normally be with a guy much better looking and in his early 30's.

I think for many people, they just don't feel mismatched couples (where the man is with a girl he could never hope to attract back home) is right, but I'm not sure why. Maybe they feel its almost like I'm cheating the "game" by not following the "rules" and they feel put out.

Putting it another way, how many readers believe their girlfriend / wife would have still choose them for a partner had he had to openly compete in the west in the real world?

• Like 1

how many readers believe their girlfriend / wife would have still choose them for a partner had he had to openly compete in the west in the real world?

None, unless they're deluded, in which case we will soon find them in the " The Thai wife left me the minute she got her visa/after stealing all my money" section.

Edited by Kitsune
  • Like 2

how many readers believe their girlfriend / wife would have still choose them for a partner had he had to openly compete in the west in the real world?

None, unless they're deluded, in which case we will soon find them in the " The Thai wife left me the minute she got her visa/after stealing all my money" section.

Some of us did openly compete in the west in the real world, for our wives, thank you very much

Wow you mean your future wife was a beautiful educated rich successful and talented professional with full visa and she fell for someone who believe finding love is a free for all ?

Some of us did openly compete in the west in the real world, for our wives, thank you very much

Wow you mean your future wife was a beautiful educated rich successful and talented professional with full visa and she fell for someone who believe finding love is a free for all ?

Current wife thankyou

OK first up I'm late 50,s but pretty fit The Thai gf is 29. The thing is it does not matter if I was not fit of had a limp or whatever. I'm sick of younger blokes on here implying that the old farts have girls because of their money and ability to "take care" Get your head out of clouds if you didn't have some means to support her she would go near you. Yes I'm talking to you tom cruise or the pumped up dim wits. Its about one thing SUPPORT. After that they give it back in spades, even if pushing your wheel chair.

I had a boyfriend I was in love with, I refused to marry him because he was a millionaire (in Euro). He was my age, he was a successful professional, and handsome.

The family was always in the middle with their cash telling us how to live our lives

Money means selling your backside like a piece of meat, given up your principles, your beliefs, and eventually your soul.

Edited by Kitsune
  • Like 2

Current wife thankyou

So she's rich young beautiful and you are old ugly and skint?

• Like 1

I don't think human beings need to be "matched" in superficial aspects like age appearance class race religion, as if they were furniture or part of a cutlery set.

It's this kind of judgmental attitude that "just isn't right".

Who people choose to get together with and their reasons aren't for others to judge or make snide comments about.

Western women have known for a long time they are on the losing side when looking for a mate, it's been a buyer's market for a long time for men.

Those of us left with only stale goods for choices go to another market is all.

• Like 1

OK first up I'm late 50,s but pretty fit The Thai gf is 29. The thing is it does not matter if I was not fit of had a limp or whatever. I'm sick of younger blokes on here implying that the old farts have girls because of their money and ability to "take care" Get your head out of clouds if you didn't have some means to support her she would go near you. Yes I'm talking to you tom cruise or the pumped up dim wits. Its about one thing SUPPORT. After that they give it back in spades, even if pushing your wheel chair.

I had a boyfriend I was in love with, I refused to marry him because he was a millionaire (in Euro). He was my age, he was a successful professional, and handsome.

The family was always in the middle with their cash telling us how to live our lives

Money means selling your backside like a piece of meat, given up your principles, your beliefs, and eventually your soul.

you are coming across like a bitter Western or Westernized female, perhaps living in Thailand, that frequently observes older Western men with much younger Thai women, and this bothers you.

Many, if not most older Western men have settled or visit Thailand (not for the culture, infrastructure, climate, or scenery) but to be with younger females who adhere to the traditional (pre women's lib) values of women taking care of the home, children and physical needs, while the man is the breadwinner and provides home, food and money. Most men are not so self-deluded to believe they are God's gift to these women in the physical sense. Both parties benefit from this arrangement. After a period of time, genuine affection may occur between these "mismatched" couples

Hello cliches :5 minutes ago i was a young guy with muscles, now i said I am a woman I have to be bitter and western.

They don't adhere to traditional values, they just want a ticket out of here.

Why do you think we have so many stories about men being dumped the minute the wife gets full visa?

• Like 1

Hello cliches :5 minutes ago i was a young guy with muscles, now i said I am a woman I have to be bitter and western.

Why do you think we have so many stories about men being dumped the minute the wife gets full visa?

My dear woman that is another country. This is Thailand. The male (target) moves to a small farming village here and buys the lady a mansion. Thai women are like fragile tropical flowers and wilt in other countries.

Perhaps you are thinking of war brides from WWII?

you are coming across like a bitter Western or Westernized female, perhaps living in Thailand, that frequently observes older Western men with much younger Thai women, and this bothers you.

Many, if not most older Western men have settled or visit Thailand (not for the culture, infrastructure, climate, or scenery) but to be with younger females who adhere to the traditional (pre women's lib) values of women taking care of the home, children and physical needs, while the man is the breadwinner and provides home, food and money. Most men are not so self-deluded to believe they are God's gift to these women in the physical sense. Both parties benefit from this arrangement. After a period of time, genuine affection may occur between these "mismatched" couples

Post #17, you said you once had a boyfriend....,so Im assuming you are a woman as a gay guy would not care about this topic. If you read my post, i stated that many men move to Thailand (not take women to other countries, which I agree with you is a recipe for disaster is a vast age difference). I would like to know why you come across as bitter when you see the old guys with young ladies?

Me for one and as i posted i married and lived with younger women ,also my Thai wife lived with me in the west for 12 years before we came back here ,no problem there or here.but then lots of losers have the same opinions as Kitsun.