Internet on mobile only after reconnecting to network

caramba77

Hi,

I've got a rather annoying issue with my HTC windows phone on an AIS 2100 3G network.

I seem to only be able to connect to the internet after I disconnect and reconnect to the network, e.g. by entering flight mode briefly. Following this procedure I can use internet perfectly. However, once I take a break and want to access the net again after a few minutes it fails to get a connection and i have to do the above again.

AIS brushed it off saying that it's because my internet package expired, but after renewing it it's still the same problem.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

So everything worked fine for some period of time and then, recently, you started experiencing problems? Has anyhting changed?

Please provide as much background and detail as possible. I assume your HTC phone is 2100 MHz 3G compatible?

On your phone, go to Settings, About phone, Status.What does it say for Network, Signal strength, Mobile network type, Service state? A screenshot would be ideal.

I would verify that you have a newer AWN SIM, have switched to AWN, have properly configured the APN (manually, save it and re-start the phone), have subscribed to a 2100 MHz 3G plan.

Hi,

I've switched to the new 2100 3G late last year as my HTC is not able to use the other 3G frequency provided by AIS here in Chiang Mai. In the beginning internet worked absolutely normal whenever demanded. Only once in a while it would not connect and I'd had to go into flight mode and back. But since about three or four weeks this is the case in 100% of the times now.

Yesterday my company subscribed me to a new 799 THB plan, which includes 3GB of 3G and unlimited regular GPRS data.

It's a windows 8 phone, so under About in the settings I can only get information about OS version (8.0.10211.204) and various hardware, firmware and radio revisions.

However, here's the additional info that may be helpful:

Network: AIS

Signal strength: 4-5 bars "H"

Mobile network type and service state: can't find this info in my phone. Highest connection speed is set to 3G and 'Automatic network selection'

Internet APN was entered manually: APN = internet, nothing else entered here.

MMS APN was entered manually: APN = MMS, MMSC (URL) = http://mms.ais.co.th, MMSC port = 8080.

From what I read it may be an issue with the APN settings, but the AIS website does not list the HTC 8s (nor any HTC windows 8 phone), so I relied on Thai forums that listed the supposedly correct settings. And since the internet APN is really only consisting of the APN name, I'm not sure if there's much to have wrong?

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Not sure about AWN SIM. I've requested a new SIM once I got the HTC phone in early 2013 as it would only accept micro-SIMs. I assume they would have given me the appropriate SIM?

Edited by caramba77