My Thai wife is ten years older and wealthier, am i the odd one out on here?

BKK Blues Brother

My Thai wife is 5 years younger than me. But I don't really see that as an advantage. In fact, it would be nicer if she would be a bit more mature. Many younger Thai women are quite childish.

Men tend to like young women for their higher sex-drive, but they often seem to forget the risk involved with that (the woman getting bored of the grumpy, old, slow man).

Talking about income, right now she makes more money than me, but when we lived in Europe it was the other way around.

Money is not important for me. We should have enough to survive and the rest doesn't matter.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vtfood.jpg

Me 1st on the left, wife 2nd on the right.

We met while teaching here.

You have a beutiful wife, and a nice life ahead of you.. why post here in this forum??? There are too many

disappointed bashers here with absolutely nothing to add more than shit of course.

Good luck

Glegolo

And...to post her picture here was not a good idea....

My girlfriend is 42 years old and 2 years younger than me. However, most people think she is in her early 30s.

So I guess, we still fit into the normal thinking of me being a filthy old perverted sex-tourist and her being a young poor bargirl, only being with me for the money LOL!

When looking at some relationships here, where the guy is 60 and the girl in her 20s, I guess I should feel a bit odd having a girlfriend nearly the same age as me. However, I just could not see myself with a Thai-woman that is mentally nothing more than a teenager. Would drive me nuts!

Edited by khunpa

There is a large pool of single Thai women in their 30s that for some reason or another are single.

Thai guys don't want them, but we western guys aren't all that bothered.

Essentially all we foreigners are fishing in the same pool.

Not because they want us, but because they have few other options in life.

It isn't really that hard to understand.

True, but in a city like Bangkok, you will also find a group of women in their 30s (even divorced with kids) who are financially independent, want a family but do not choose the first and the best man they spot. They would rather stay single, than involve themselves in a partnership they do not 100% believe in. And they will set their own terms from the beginning. Just like women in e.g. western countries. They are not all poor, desperate women just because they are in their 30s and single.

• Like 1

I know many stories similar to this one!

Though stories like these aren't usually posted on TV..

My good friend Chris from the US is 25 is dating a Thai woman who's 33.

By the way she is absolutely gorgeous. At first I thought she was also 25. I believed her only after seeing her I.D card 555+

Age is not significant WHEN it comes to attraction smile.png

AS I explained earlier,

Thai women in their 30s become available to foreigners for long term relationships/rentals as they are no longer wanted by Thais. So we all end up with Thai women in their 30s. No matter what our age.

Attraction isn't really involved in the selection process, availability is.

Younger isn't so readily available (for more than a night or two).

Older, who wants one of them?

There are a few outliers but they aren't common.

Sorry to say, but that is not fully true. When dating my girlfriend (when she was 37) she had lots of Thai-men asking her out on dates, with the intention of marrying her.

The interest was based on two factors. The first was them knowing, she was financially independent and had a good business. The second was her looks, which she is still often commented on by Thais (men and women). Remember there are also Thai-men out there, who are looking for a partner, that can contribute to a family, with things besides being young.

In a city like Bangkok, the mentality is not the same as outside. I think it is important to keep that in mind. Especially, when you move away from the tourist areas.

My wife isn't older than me, but she's in her mid- forties and I'm really happy with her. She doesn't want kids, is financially well off, and she takes really good care of herself. It's a match made in heaven. Like an earlier poster said, most Thai women keep their looks well into middle age and a few beyond. Good luck to you. I hope you find happiness with your wife.

I thought the poster said, they all get fat and dont want to screw?

I have a g/f at 32 who tells me that women at 50 dont want sex and thats why the sex industry thrives with thai men?

I heard that and realized, I was given a clear message, not to expect sex at 50.

nuts

There is a large pool of single Thai women in their 30s that for some reason or another are single.

The same goes in the USA,

the generation that is in their 30's now, has been raised by parents from the 60's and 70's and many did not have two parents and are damaged, plain and simple, and some, are repairable, most are not,

and in this country, what are their prospects for improving their lives?

vastly limited, and without infrastructure, nearly impossible to even get to a decent job unless you live in the main city

these girls are lucky they have foreigners to target, otherwise they would be bitter, sooner

I have a g/f at 32 who tells me that women at 50 dont want sex and thats why the sex industry thrives with thai men?

And you believed her?

One born every minute.

Believe her? Of course I do,

she was telling me not to expect sex when she nears 50, why would I not take her out her word?

I am outta here soon anyway, but, that isnt the reason,

I have tired of Thailand, but like the people quite a bit

My wife isn't older than me, but she's in her mid- forties and I'm really happy with her. She doesn't want kids, is financially well off, and she takes really good care of herself. It's a match made in heaven. Like an earlier poster said, most Thai women keep their looks well into middle age and a few beyond. Good luck to you. I hope you find happiness with your wife.

I heard that and realized, I was given a clear message, not to expect sex at 50.

nuts

By the time my wife reaches 50 I will be dead or senile (age 70+).

So not a big worry.

• Like 1

I'm still curious, age difference doesn't matter here -- so you're happy to just hang out at home and play with the kids all day, while your wife works and puts food on the table?

That still leaves me scratching my head...

What on earth would be wrong with that? Can't think of anything better myself. Don't you like kids?

Or do you think a house-husband is somehow less of a man because the wife is the breadwinner?

• Like 1

What on earth would be wrong with that? Can't think of anything better myself.

I don't know, I guess I'm just used to taking care of myself, and when in a relationship, being the bread winner. Been a long time since someone took care of me, and have a tough time envisioning myself to allow that.

Don't you like kids?

Honestly, not really. Nothing against them, but I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do with them. Unless they're family, then its different. Love the kids in my family to no end, and always there for them if / when needed. That's family though.

Or do you think a house-husband is somehow less of a man because the wife is the breadwinner?

Yep, pretty much. Call me old fashioned.

Edited by Nautilus05

OK now I understand where you're coming from, although that last bit is definitely IMO pretty neanderthal in this day and age.

Best years of my life have been those decades spent being the primary care-giver for kids, started over again from scratch with a fresh crop, currently a single father and no doubt they're the best thing to happen to me, light of my life.

Used to run a USD multi-million business, also at the top of my game professionally freelanced for thousands per day in 20-years-ago money, sure great buzz but not even close to what I get raising kids.

But not for everyone I realize.

• Like 2

Obviously the more financially successful episodes of my life are now long behind the present - and far ahead in the future.

As is made clear in my post.

Hardly relevant is it, not sure what your point is, do you think your personal attacks will cause me to stop posting.

If you put me on your ignore list - you do know about this handy forum feature and how to use it right? - I promise to reciprocate - in fact I'll go first.

But thanks for your kind concern. . .

'bye!

nuts

Mine has never said anything like that to me, but she often asks how i will feel when she is 50 and i am only 40. I just tell her, "It doesn't matter dear. When you are 50 i will have an 18 year old girlfriend". She laughs and says, " Ok..you can do, but wait til i am 50".

I am still not sure if she knows i am only joking.....or am i? licklips.gif

• 4 weeks later...

nuts

Mine has never said anything like that to me, but she often asks how i will feel when she is 50 and i am only 40. I just tell her, "It doesn't matter dear. When you are 50 i will have an 18 year old girlfriend". She laughs and says, " Ok..you can do, but wait til i am 50".

I am still not sure if she knows i am only joking.....or am i? licklips.gif

be careful you are playing with fire - why wind a women up unnecessarily not as IMHO it's not worth the candle.

• Like 1

Its only the fact that so many TV posters are retirement age, married to destitute Issan Thais with another's man's spawn and limited education, then they decide to buy the cow and move to the farm. That's not normal; its called perverted and allows older men to hook up with younger girls in a third world country.

Sorry if this hurts the grandpas here but it had to be said. This skewed reality I see everyday is like some sick Twilight Zone episode.

That reminds me of what i read yesterday. Johnny Depp (50) recently became engaged to Amber Heard (27). BTW Depp has a daughter (15) from another woman & Heard is bisexual.

A girl over 25 in LOS is over the hill. Thai guys don't want them.

The year when one turns 25 is also considered bad luck.

Edited by oldthaihand99

• 2 weeks later...

vtfood.jpg

Me 1st on the left, wife 2nd on the right.

We met while teaching here.

You have a beutiful wife, and a nice life ahead of you.. why post here in this forum??? There are too many

disappointed bashers here with absolutely nothing to add more than shit of course.

Good luck

Glegolo

And...to post her picture here was not a good idea....

Why? Than you have to STOP any Facebook account to! whistling.gif

It is not nice to post your wife's pic here and discuss your private affair. I'm sure your wife will want some privacy. Anyway age and finance shouldn't be a hinder to true love (if you have). Enjoy your bliss!smile.png

Envious killjoy tongue.png

whistling.gif Oh grow up, there ARE some Thai women who may have been married or have been in a relationship with either a Thai or a Farang for some time ...then for whatever reason that relationship ended.

Now, some years later maybe, they are ready to start a new relationship with another man ... and it just happens that man is a younger man who finds them attractive.

Okay, it may not be common, but it does happen occasionally.

My Thai girlfriend's sister is an example.

She was married to a Thai for some years.

Thing's happen as they say, and in her thirties she and her Thai husband were divorced.

She met a Farang guy (she worked for the Ministry of Transportation) and so did he as a foreign consultant.

There's not that much age difference, but she was 35 and he was 27 when they were married 3 years ago.

They appear to be a happy couple, and the marriage looks like it will last.

May not be the usual marriage situation, but why should it not be a "possible" thing?

Even a 35 year old woman can feel lonely and need a companion too.

And why can't a 27 year old man want a more mature acting woman, and not a 20 year old girl who may seem to be "to young" in her actions for him?

Especially if he feels it's time for him to "settle down" and be comfortable with a faithful wife and maybe soon children of his own.

whistling.gif

Edited by IMA_FARANG

whistling.gif Oh grow up, there ARE some Thai women who may have been married or have been in a relationship with either a Thai or a Farang for some time ...then for whatever reason that relationship ended.

Now, some years later maybe, they are ready to start a new relationship with another man ... and it just happens that man is a younger man who finds them attractive.

Okay, it may not be common, but it does happen occasionally.

My Thai girlfriend's sister is an example.

She was married to a Thai for some years.

Thing's happen as they say, and in her thirties she and her Thai husband were divorced.

She met a Farang guy (she worked for the Ministry of Transportation) and so did he as a foreign consultant.

There's not that much age difference, but she was 35 and he was 27 when they were married 3 years ago.

They appear to be a happy couple, and the marriage looks like it will last.

May not be the usual marriage situation, but why should it not be a "possible" thing?

Even a 35 year old woman can feel lonely and need a companion too.

And why can't a 27 year old man want a more mature acting woman, and not a 20 year old girl who may seem to be "to young" in her actions for him?

Especially if he feels it's time for him to "settle down" and be comfortable with a faithful wife and maybe soon children of his own.

whistling.gif

Good point, but here's the thing...when he's 47, she'll be 55. Have you seen many 55 y.o. Thai (Asian for that matter) women being in pursuit by younger men?

IF they are in Thailand, he'll get busy with the 25-30 year old cuties who are everywhere here.

When you marry, you have to think long-term, 10-20-30 years down the road.