Any car rental suggestion for traveling from Krabi to Samui?

Vero

Budget at Krabi airport (if you are coming back to Krabi). About 1,500 baht a day for a small car - maybe less on a week's hire. Good company with well kept modern fleet and they don't rip you off if you have a minor accident. They delivered the car to my hotel in Krabi for free on only a 3 day hire as well.

Just my experience of using them in Thailand over 6 years. No connections or axes to grind.

• Like 2

Budget at Krabi airport (if you are coming back to Krabi). About 1,500 baht a day for a small car - maybe less on a week's hire. Good company with well kept modern fleet and they don't rip you off if you have a minor accident. They delivered the car to my hotel in Krabi for free on only a 3 day hire as well.

Just my experience of using them in Thailand over 6 years. No connections or axes to grind.

Thx SantiSuk,

Yes, I will come back to Krabi. I plan to pick up the car from airport if the hotel doesn't provide transfer. How much did you pay for 3 days then? What type of small car did you use? Did you book it in advance?

Thanks very much.

Now I look back it was 4 days, total cost GBP 124.50 (inc usual UK credit card add-ons). That would have been about 6,000 baht at the time, so my memory of the 1,500 per day baht price is correct. Daily rate applies for hires up to a week I think. It was a Toyota Camry, so small/medium - there was a small car option that was cheaper. I booked 2 days in advance online, but that was November and in 'shoulder season'. Book as soon as you can if you are planning higher season than that (anytime pre-Songkran/Easter) - I don't think there is a penalty for cancelling (but check). Very few hotels, if any, give free transfers so take from and to the airport, unless like us you are staying on the beach in Krabi province for a couple of days first (ie no point in hiring it when you don't need it).

Anyway you can check out the specifics yourself on the internet. May be a bit dearer in late March than it was in November.

Personally I would rather stay in Krabi province than go to Samui. Samui is not a Thai destination - pure tourists and expats and relatively expensive, but that's just my prejudice based on one one week visit to the island (pleasant but that was enough for a lifetime!)

Edited by SantiSuk

• 11 months later...