Where to get BTS-type window film?

15Peter20

Hi

I'm not sure if it has a specific name but I'm in need of that type of window film which is used to cover the BTS train windows - the type which is not tinted, but seems to be white with loads of holes in so that it's possible to see out quite well but a lot of sun is reflected and heat kept out.

I'll need this to cover a set of glass patio-style doors.

Does anyone know where this stuff can be purchased in BKK (preferably Bang Na area but anywhere in BKK will do), and also what its called, if it has a specific name?

Thanks a lot.

15P

The stuff is perforated vinyl film, like this http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Graphics/3Mgraphics/Products/Catalog/~/3M-Scotchcal-Perforated-Window-Film-IJ67-54-in-x-50-yd?N=4294096505+5019245&&Nr=AND%28hrcy_id%3AZW18FCCC1Ggs_W96BL46WJB_N2RL3FHWVK_GPD0K8BC31gv%29&rt=d it's intended to be printed with commercials before fixing so seems only available in white.

Somewhere that produces vehicle adverts will likely be able to sell you some.

Next post:-

Where can I find printed vehicle ads?

• Like 1

The stuff is perforated vinyl film, like this http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Graphics/3Mgraphics/Products/Catalog/~/3M-Scotchcal-Perforated-Window-Film-IJ67-54-in-x-50-yd?N=4294096505+5019245&&Nr=AND(hrcy_id%3AZW18FCCC1Ggs_W96BL46WJB_N2RL3FHWVK_GPD0K8BC31gv)&rt=d it's intended to be printed with commercials before fixing so seems only available in white.

Somewhere that produces vehicle adverts will likely be able to sell you some.

Next post:-

Where can I find printed vehicle ads?

Crossy - you were right!

Seriously though, it would be better I guess to go to the people who supply the advertisers/designers, as I just want plain white. Was hoping it could be found in HomePro or something. Anyway, thanks for the link!

Edited by 15Peter20

Yes I was considering looking for same for south facing windows, but have had no luck so far in Thailand. Some great stuff out of Australia but cannot find it here.

Maybe thai wasadu? Have not checked there but will try in a week or so and post if find it.

Also considering just building some light cardboard panels covered with foil. When on the windows no view but if you are away all day they do a fantastic job stopping the heat entering. And all you need is cardboard and foil so easy to source

Got hold of some of this in London from some guys that were using it in a shop promotion, it was printed but the design was "cool" so my daughter informed me, her windows it was going on anyway.Was warned it was short term and they weren't wrong. was peeling and discoloured after 5-6 months. Maybe that's why it's used for ads that are changed frequently ?

I buy non-perfed vinyl adhesive sheeting, mostly reflective, from a few sign shops and film dealers who sell to sign shops in Chinatown. I buy it by the meter, but they'll gladly sell whole rolls, usually 1.2M x 47M. There are quite a few shops located on and near the traffic circle at GPS Coords N13 44 31.8, E100 30 48.9. There are several others scattered around the Chinatown area. Look for colorful rolls of vinyl and big 4' x 8' sheets of plastic in the windows.

I'll try to confirm whether they have perfed vinyl sheeting next time I'm in the area- but I've made my weekly visit already. If you speak Thai, I'm sure any one of them can order it for you as it's quite commonly used in the advertising market, as in the windows on the BTS.

There are other sign shops all over Bangkok, but my brain leaks when I try to place them at intersections that I can pass on.

Edited by impulse