What's your family think of Thailand?

krisb

My family feel Thailand is a third world dump ridden with corruption, inefficiency, prostitution and general stupidity, and that the average Thai is a shallow inward looking creature hardly interested in the world outside. Having been here a few time they feel Thailand is bereft of any meaningful painting, sculpture or literature and that what they do have has been mostly borrowed from other countries. They feel the TV must be aimed at 12 year olds and that it portrays the most dreadful stereotypes of both rich and poor Thais. They think the education system is mainly to keep kids ignorant and to stop them thinking for themselves and to brainwash them with Thai nationalism, and worse.

• Like 1

My family feel Thailand is a third world dump ridden with corruption, inefficiency, prostitution and general stupidity, and that the average Thai is a shallow inward looking creature hardly interested in the world outside. Having been here a few time they feel Thailand is bereft of any meaningful painting, sculpture or literature and that what they do have has been mostly borrowed from other countries. They feel the TV must be aimed at 12 year olds and that it portrays the most dreadful stereotypes of both rich and poor Thais. They think the education system is mainly to keep kids ignorant and to stop them thinking for themselves and to brainwash them with Thai nationalism, and worse.

Your family seems a sensible bunch with well thought out opinions.

Well done them!

Edited by FiftyTwo

I don't drink.

Of course the girls is the main reason as many point out for most of us. Some think there's something wrong with that, I don't.

Same with the food the people the chaos and unpredictability the corruption the smells the way I'm treated, it's all great AFAIC.

• Like 1

Gee what a family. How many hours have they spent reading Thai Visa? I'm assuming they have never been to Thailand. It's nice to see a family with the same reading interests though.

I don't drink.

Of course the girls is the main reason as many point out for most of us. Some think there's something wrong with that, I don't.

Same with the food the people the chaos and unpredictability the corruption the smells the way I'm treated, it's all great AFAIC.

You will fit in well here then-as shallow as most Thai