Pigeons,how to get rid of them?

i claudius

I don't think it will work. Pigeons are smart little birds and will avoid anything that smells off. They are the bane of my life. We now have many nesting on our roof. The only thing that really helps is a heavy downpour and a long wet season. They don't like owls much and I'm about to carve an owl face in a prominent tree stump in our garden- maybe it will help. I tried short fuse fireworks from a sling shot, but nearly blew a finger off, so I'd welcome ideas too.

I don't think it will work. Pigeons are smart little birds and will avoid anything that smells off. They are the bane of my life. We now have many nesting on our roof. The only thing that really helps is a heavy downpour and a long wet season. They don't like owls much and I'm about to carve an owl face in a prominent tree stump in our garden- maybe it will help. I tried short fuse fireworks from a sling shot, but nearly blew a finger off, so I'd welcome ideas too.

im telling you ,it will work

you just mix the poison with something apetising

use your immagination ........a syringe with a needle 21g needle costs a couple of baht in any pharmacy

and you can inject poison into something they will swallow without even chewing ..........then BOOM

Hang out some hawk kites and poisoning normally works. You can contact pest control companies also.

We had them around our house after the idiot next door decided to start feeding them and we had to put up mesh everywhere to stop them nesting on the windows and balconies and they eventually moved on with us using small fireworks daily.

An old neighbour years ago would mix cement powder with bird seed. That seemed to get rid of them.

Last week a couple of flying rats tried to take up residence at my workplace. A slingshot and a couple hundred nuts got rid of them. I'm not the best of shots but it was fun.

• Like 2

An old neighbour years ago would mix cement powder with bird seed. That seemed to get rid of them.

Last week a couple of flying rats tried to take up residence at my workplace. A slingshot and a couple hundred nuts got rid of them. I'm not the best of shots but it was fun.

those anti heartburn pills are toxic to a bird as well ,if you put one in a piece of bread and feed it to a big bird like a sea gull it will be dead in 20 min

i imagine it works on pidgeons too but u might need to cut the tablets in quarters

im sure they would eat any commercial rat poisons as well if you leave plates of it up high somewhere

Pigeon nr 1 : I hate humans !

Pigeon nr 2 : Oh why is that ?

Pigeon nr 1 : They multiply like rats, encroach on our habitat, they eat us and when we give them FREE fertilizer they try to poison us or start shooting at us. !!!

Yermanee wai.gif

Edited by yermanee
  • Like 2

Get a plastic or concrete bird of prey and place it in a prominent place. They will not stay around for long if they think that a large bird of prey has taken up residence. It is what they use on offshore platform helidecks to keep away birds. Cheap and though not as much fun as shooting them better for the birds whistling.gif

• Like 1

im telling you ,it will work

you just mix the poison with something apetising

use your immagination ........a syringe with a needle 21g needle costs a couple of baht in any pharmacy

and you can inject poison into something they will swallow without even chewing ..........then BOOM

More will take their place. Learn to live with it or move. My Thai farmer friend says let a loud firework off at the same time every morning and they will get the message but I guess the neighbours would object!!!

In England we used to shoot and eat pigeons, very tasty, so that is solution No 1. Get some life size posters of birds of prey made up and get them laminated and then put them in various positions so the pigeons will see them. Solution No 2. Pigeons are a worldwide problem as are seagulls, starlings and sparrows. When seagulls first arrived in Thailand many years ago in Samut Prakhan, I went to the coast one day and saw that Thai people were buying food to feed the bloody things. I told them that they would eat all the crabs and seafood but they didnt care cos they thought they were pretty !!!!!! Best of luck !

Get a g/f from Isaan, invite her family over, and they'll be BBQ before you can say 'spicy buffalo wing sauce'.

Thats exactly how they got rid of all the snakes in Cobra Swamp, site of the new airport. The Isaan men cleared them out in no time and had some good food too !

OMG, in BUddhist it's against of killing with death body causing more viruses, beware of the poo it may harmful to human may cause brain damage if not cure with antibotic . In Japanese shop of 60 baht you can find crow and some smell capsul which can scare pegion away.This kind of shop located in big shopping malls near you whereall items are 60 Baht, Don't used poison as the bad karma will get back to us.

One of my friend's father used the shot gun to kill pegions and he gets lung cancel very suffering before he die.

I don't think the OP is Buddhist. So no harm no foul. I have shot lots of pigeons no lung cancer here

Use a longer fuse?

• Like 1

I'm looking for a bb gun. Where are they for sale around Chiang Mai ?

I would have thought that looking for a gun (any type of gun) in Chiang Mai right now might be kind of dangerous...! You might find yourself getting conscripted...!!

• Like 1

We have pigeons nesting in our guttering. First I tried pressure washing the nest away but they come back a few days later and built another nest.

Then I pulled the nest out of the guttering and put rubber snakes where the nest was, but they come back a few days later and built another nest.

So next I pulled out the nest and I bought a huge eagle and put it on the bedroom balcony where they are nesting, but they come back a few days later and built another nest.

Called a pest control company and they want 6,000 baht to remove all the nests in the guttering, and they say that they will put down some sort of glue so they can't nest there anymore. Anyone heard of this glue that pest control companies use and does it work?

post-82234-0-23808600-1393843404_thumb.j

As an ex pest manager i can tell you baiting is a long winded and difficult affair,with limited results,shooting is much better and also more fun, a good air rifle is more than sufficient.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080821210054AAyTsb3

When we were kids my father would bring my brother and myself shooting with him for wood pigeon and eat them next day, after reading that article I wonder how we are still alive (including my dad, in his 90s now). Came to Thailand loving all animals except rats and cockroaches, didn't mind killing them but even that has changed from watching my Thai wife deal with these. She showed me how to catch rats that had come into our house (not for eating, I might add....as far as I'm aware anyway 555) and bring them about 3 or 4 kilometers away and release them in a field. I have to say, I feel pretty good since I started doing that....better for sure than how I felt when I was killing them. I am still spiritually defective when it comes to the cockroaches.....but I'm a work in progress....not perfected yet. Have a good day.