Public supports talks between Suthep and Yingluck

webfact

POLL
Public supports talks between Suthep and Yingluck

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A majority of people agree that People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) leader Suthep Thaugsuban and caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra should hold one-on-one talks broadcast live on television in a bid to end the political deadlock, according to Suan Dusit Poll.

The poll was conducted on 1,354 people around the country from February 27 till Saturday. Close to 71 per cent agreed that they should meet for talks because this could possibly lead to an end to the political crisis.

About 23 per cent said they were uncertain about the report, which did not give a date or time or exact form of talks, while 6 per cent disagreed, saying it could widen the conflict.

Just under 92 per cent of respondents agreed that the talks should be broadcast live on TV, while 8 per cent disagreed, saying that speaking live on TV would make it hard for them to share their opinions in full.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-03

So public opinion can be trusted to vote on something like this but not on say an election? Gotcha. What's not to like?

I thought 'honest' Suthep wasn't open to negotiation? I guess now he has little or no ground support he is running out of ideas.

#thenationthinkseveryoneisstupid

• Like 1

What's to be afraid of? Everything out on the table, one on one for everyone to see and hear. Nothing to hide is there?

I am sure Ms Yingluck is up to the challenge, after all, the debate would be in Thai language.

• Like 2

What's to be afraid of? Everything out on the table, one on one for everyone to see and hear. Nothing to hide is there?

I am sure Ms Yingluck is up to the challenge, after all, the debate would be in Thai language.

Y'know, what makes this all the more farcical is that Suthep hasn't even mentioned what he envisions which makes a great opening statement in a debate. He has said he will not go back into politics after Yingluck goes and hope he does that but who knows? They are all a bunch of freeloaders regardless of political affiliation and it's been going on for as far back as you can find out about. To keep this status quo, only the cream can be skimmed from atop the milk because without milk, there is no cream. Yingluck or rather her brother have gone deep under the cream into the milk to extract even more cream and for that they will pay.

• Like 1

there shouldnt be any talks with suthep, he has an arrest warrant against him

Should be no talks with Yingluck, rather caretaker president elect Thaksin.

[Edit]

1.1A person in control of another:

Im not just a monkey dancing to the organ grinders tune

[with reference to the tradition of an organ grinder's keeping a monkey trained to collect money]

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/organ-grinder

Speak to the organ grinder not the monkey.

Wanting to talk to the boss not his sidekick.

Organ grinders being the boss, and the monkey being the one who helps him out.

Normally used in a conversation to describe the 'monkey' as someone who's interfering and defending or covering for the the 'organ grinder'.

Shut up! I wish to speak to the organ grinder not the monkey.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Speak%20to%20the%20organ%20grinder%20not%20the%20monkey.

Edited by notmyself

Public opinion at the protest sites, and they could not get 100% there!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yep, I can't say I'm surprised though, with a protest slogan of "Beating War Drums" 8% against sounds about right!

I am a little surprised that the Nation would enter redshirt protests to gather a poll like this but if Soy Sauce says it, it must be true!

Now this is just cruel. Suthep is a seasoned, tough politician and Madam Yingluck, even with almost three years at the top of government is a novice. She will be crying within five minutes; hopelessly out-debated. Now, it you want a fair and exciting debate, have Pol. Capt. Chalerm proxy for Ms Yingluck. Just make sure the debate is not too late in the day because of 'ear medicine'.

Wouldn't solve anything but no doubt would be a good watch.

Yep, I can't say I'm surprised though, with a protest slogan of "Beating War Drums" 8% against sounds about right!

I am a little surprised that the Nation would enter redshirt protests to gather a poll like this but if Soy Sauce says it, it must be true!

Entering protest sites? What are you guys talking about? It doesn't mention protest sites, it says "around the country" . . .

The poll was conducted on 1,354 people around the country from February 27 till Saturday.

There you go, posting false information again, can't help yourself?

The poll was conducted on 1,354 people around the country

Where does it mention protest sites? You're easily amused.

Why, do you think Red Shirt Supporters, don't want a live debate? Why's that? Got something to hide or do you think your saviour ain't up to the task?

She says she is in charge and no puppet, so If you can talk the talk, then walk it. What are you guys worried about?

• Like 1

Ms. Yingluck says she will die for democracy. Will she debate for democracy? She didn't have a problem speaking her mind in Mongolia. All her supporters claim she is so smart and in control. I, personally, would love to see her vigorously defend her government's policies and show how well they were implemented. I would love to know how her anti-corruption campaign is progressing. Please, let's have a debate where the PM actually speaks in her own behalf (something the voters didn't get in the last no-confidence debate in Parliament nor in the run-up to her election over Abhisit). A live television debate would show her supporters and the World that she is competent and truly deserving to be the leader of Thailand.

• Like 1

Now this is just cruel. Suthep is a seasoned, tough politician and Madam Yingluck, even with almost three years at the top of government is a novice. She will be crying within five minutes; hopelessly out-debated. Now, it you want a fair and exciting debate, have Pol. Capt. Chalerm proxy for Ms Yingluck. Just make sure the debate is not too late in the day because of 'ear medicine'.

If she is the (caretaker) PM it is her and only her duty to represent the government (not only) in a discussion

If she is incapable of that she should not be (caretaker) PM in the first place

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

So public opinion can be trusted to vote on something like this but not on say an election? Gotcha. What's not to like?

I thought 'honest' Suthep wasn't open to negotiation? I guess now he has little or no ground support he is running out of ideas.

#thenationthinkseveryoneisstupid

Suthep has always been open to talks, it are the ridiculous demands and conditions for those negotiations from the PM that make them senseless, so why should he bother .

there shouldnt be any talks with suthep, he has an arrest warrant against him

Wouldn't it be dereliction of duty for Yingluck and her security detail to arrest him once he enters any venue for such a debate? Nice to capture it on national TV with him in handcuffs.

Given the nature of these type debates I am quite sure there is no reason for her to shy away from it.

How ever I am relatively sure Suthep is not open to a debate on pre arranged topics that Yingluck could study up on and bring notes.

He would rather meet her with all topics on the schedule pick and choose what each one wants.

For instance Suthep might inquire what Thaksin Shinawatra's name was doing on public supplies to the flood victims in 2011. Why did she turn down an American aircraft carrier capable of producing and delivering water for every one while the government stored water in the old airport.

Of course Yingluck would be free to ask him any thing she wished to. The past of both candidates would be left out. That means accusations of corruption on Suthep's part and accusations of phony college degree and powder puff no account family supported business experience.

It would be strictly about the current governments actions and policies and there intent. As it would for Suthep.

Any Yingluck-Suthep equivalency is a wrongheaded construction if not a false one because Suthep is a street thug insurrectionist who actively and forcibly is against the election and demands cancelling parliamentary government in favor of a still anonymous "People's Council" of autocrats appointed by oligarchs and elites for a dangerously extended period of time.

Any debate needs to be between the chair persons of each major party or the parliamentary leaders of the several major parties. Any public debate needs to respect a proper matching up of sides.

Suthep holds no position of government or state, is not elected or officially appointed so speaks only for himself and for the anonymous feudalists that disastrously backed and financed his miserably failed shutdown and insurrection.

Moroever, Suthep at this point is a fist pounding has been who never was except for his nefarious role as the 2010 government's enforcer.

Any Yingluck-Suthep equivalency is a wrongheaded construction if not a false one because Suthep is a street thug insurrectionist who actively and forcibly is against the election and demands cancelling parliamentary government in favor of a still anonymous "People's Council" of autocrats appointed by oligarchs and elites for a dangerously extended period of time.

Any debate needs to be between the chair persons of each major party or the parliamentary leaders of the several major parties. Any public debate needs to respect a proper matching up of sides.

Suthep holds no position of government or state, is not elected or officially appointed so speaks only for himself and for the anonymous feudalists that disastrously backed and financed his miserably failed shutdown and insurrection.

Moroever, Suthep at this point is a fist pounding has been who never was except for his nefarious role as the 2010 government's enforcer.

so in good ol us of a the leaders debate live...but you wont have it here even though your not thai..???.hypocrite..wink.png again a 3rd rate post ..

so in good ol us of a the leaders debate live...but you wont have it here even though your not thai..???.hypocrite..wink.png again a 3rd rate post ..

Easy for you to say. w00t.gif