Bangkok to Kalasin

theyoungone

Afternoon all

Sorry if this has already been asked, and I know this may sound daft but here goes.

Where is the closet airport to Kalasin?

What is the quickest way to get from Bangkok to Kalasin?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Khon Kaen is the closest airport and between Thaiairways and Air Asia offering 6 flights a day... The flights from Bangkok take approximately 55 minutes each way... Once on the ground, bags in hand and ready to leave the airport, it takes about an hour and a half to be in Mueang Kalasin... If not a lot of traffic and / or Consturction or Police stops, it is possible to do it in about an hour a 10 minutes... If leaving the airport in Khon Kaen you head west to the By Pass, then south on lthe By Pass until you get to the highway towards Kalasin, the trip is 99.9% all 4 Lane Highway...

If you do not have the advantage of a vehicle, you can hire a car & driver at the airport, or negociate with a Khon Kaen Taxi driver to take you, or there are "Company Vans" at the Bus Station who make regular runs between Khon Kaen and Kalasin, they leave whenever they have enough customers so no waiting on bus schedules, and are Express from Bus Station to Bus station without all of the small stops at villages in between...

Pianoman

Kalasin

Edited by pianoman
  • Like 2

Bangkok to Kalasin.. RoiEt to Kalasin 48 km. NokAir

Sorry, I keep forgetting Roi Et... If I remember correctly, 2 flights per day out of the Old Airport in Bangkok... Not a lot cheaper than Thai Airways to Khon Kaen, and I just never really like flying out of the Old airport... Plus if you do not have your own transportation, hiring a car and driver might be a little more difficult even though it is only about 2/3's the distance from Kalasin...

Pianoman

Bangkok to Kalasin.. RoiEt to Kalasin 48 km. NokAir

Sorry, I keep forgetting Roi Et... If I remember correctly, 2 flights per day out of the Old Airport in Bangkok... Not a lot cheaper than Thai Airways to Khon Kaen, and I just never really like flying out of the Old airport... Plus if you do not have your own transportation, hiring a car and driver might be a little more difficult even though it is only about 2/3's the distance from Kalasin...

Pianoman

1 flight per day starting April 1