Cyanuric Acid

sometime

The Thailand Online Swimming Pool Shop

I bought a couple of kg from them for 1,320 plus 100ish delivery (not sure as pooled with other things) last month. Not particularly cheap, but user-friendly and it came within a couple of days to deepest darkest Isaan! It's annoying that so many pool bricks & mortar shops run on only a few very basic chemical supplies for the local market or nattily packaged astronomically priced stuff for the richer expatsmile.png .

Another thread suggested maybe reverting temporarily to chlorine powder incl cyanauric. Would work and would be cheaper by my reckoning, particularly if you could justify buying a large tub of cheapish powder to do that trick for several years - but you would be suffering the inconvenience of operating your pool on a manual chlorine-dosing regime for at least a couple of months at a time to get say 10 ppm increase in CyA. It took my manually chlorine-dosed pool the best part of 2 years to drift the CyA up from nil to 90 before I diluted the pool water to below a recommended maximum of 80ppm*. If you do decide to use chlorine with CyA, then do remember to switch off the salt chlorinator cell or you will get a white build-up on even a supposedly self-cleaning cell (if my experience replicates for you). That does clean off with a 10% HCL (muraitic acid) solution soaked in the cell for 5 minutes a couple of times though. Better to shell out the spondoolicks on CyA IMO unless you are really up against it financially.

*Yes - should have diluted the pool down much sooner or switched to non-CyA-added chlorine early on, since I subsequently saw research that stated that anything more than 20-30 ppm of CyA is a waste of money as it has no additional effect. At the time I was being a bit lazy about building a soak-away for my pool waste,so I let the CyA get a bit ahead of itself.

Edited by SantiSuk

Hi

Thanks to all.

I ordered 5kg from The Thailand Online Swimming Pool Shop, not cheap but I couldn't be bothered running around.

​I still cant understand why all the pool shops the sell salt chlorinaters dont have cya.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Wichaiyong Pool Equipment & Construction

63/5 Moo 2, Soi Siam Country Club, Bang Lamung, East Pattaya, Pattaya, 20150

Tel: 038 734 826

I got mine from here. I like these guys. They sell CYA by the Kg and at a good price. Prices are reasonable for other items as well.