Bike with flat tyre - need to get to repair shop - options?

roly

Hi,

got a flat rear tyre today on a scooter, near home. Trouble is I live about 12 km from town and I'm not aware of any corner-street repair shops near me. I just wondered if anyone knew 'a guy with a pickup' that might come and pick me up and take to the nearest place. Oh and they're 16" IRC tyres (for a Suzuki Hiyate) so I'd need to check first if they actually have those tyres in stock as it's not a very popular bike model (to be honest, I'd like to take this chance to get some better tyres, they've got 9,000 km on them). So, maybe heading to Suzuki in town is the best idea. And how much typically would a guy with a pickup charge to take a bike 12 km into town - 500 baht reasonable or would it be more like 1000?

I also wondered if there's any chance of doing any damage to the bike rims if I just drove incredibly slowly for a few km's (assuming I found a place nearer than town to fix). Transport not a problem as I have 2 other bikes, but it's just such a pain in the ass.

:-)

I just called Suzuki. Having never have replaced a wheel on any vehicle and not having any tools, it's something I'd rather leave to the professionals. Besides, have you ever tried carrying a wheel while driving a CBR? Not possible. All sorted now anyway. It's a bit like me saying if your computer breaks why don't you just open it up and repair it yourself. Now, that's what I would do, but you wouldn't recommend somebody with no experience doing that would you? It might not be rocket science but many people don't have the tools, or time, to do it.

I just called Suzuki. Having never have replaced a wheel on any vehicle and not having any tools, it's something I'd rather leave to the professionals. Besides, have you ever tried carrying a wheel while driving a CBR? Not possible. All sorted now anyway. It's a bit like me saying if your computer breaks why don't you just open it up and repair it yourself. Now, that's what I would do, but you wouldn't recommend somebody with no experience doing that would you? It might not be rocket science but many people don't have the tools, or time, to do it.

Glad you got it resolved. Quite a post I must say.

It exemplifies the near helplessness some feel in this country. I don't exclude myself from that.

Cheers watcharacters. Yes it can be frustrating sometimes especially if you don't have the right tools, contacts or knowledge to get what seems like a simple task done! And it doesn't help when certain posters just complain that something seems easy (to them) without proffering any real advice or help. Still, all's well that ends well. :-)