CBR 500 Oil gone

sup3r1or

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

. Problem is a lot of time, they do not allow you to be present during maintenance, which is total BS if you ask me.

Kawasaki dont particularly like your supervising their servicing anymore either :)

in the old rama 9 before renovations they used to let me stand with the bike and chat to the mechanics while work

was being done

last time i went in they said i had to wait in the waiting lounge while the servicing was being done but there is free tea and coffe

id rather buy a coffee and watch the quality of the servicing instead :(

• Like 1

^^^ is there a glass window to the service bay? There is in the Kawa Korat and you can watch them through the window, no chatting though, unless you know the hand signs. :D

Sent from a Nuclear Submarine.

^^^ is there a glass window to the service bay? There is in the Kawa Korat and you can watch them through the window, no chatting though, unless you know the hand signs. biggrin.png

Sent from a Nuclear Submarine.

there is a window but they wheel your bike into a lift now and take it upstairs and work is done up there on the 2nd floor

where you have no idea whats going on ........

Thanks for the link Wong. See what happens when you are away and don't read your Thai Visa religiously? Fortunately, my bike is from an earlier batch, but I am curious about how it went wrong at the factory.

Thanks for the link Wong. See what happens when you are away and don't read your Thai Visa religiously? Fortunately, my bike is from an earlier batch, but I am curious about how it went wrong at the factory.

Used pla ra instead of Loctite on the cam follower bolt threads I reckon.

As far as I know they always tell me in Bigwing they use 2.5 or 2.7 cans of oil and there is some left still in the shop. Though when I came in for 6k service they asked me to buy extra one 2.5 + 1. This time I will keep an eye on the maintenance, I want to see if oil has got any aluminium dust in it. Problem is a lot of time, they do not allow you to be present during maintenance, which is total BS if you ask me.

That might be part of the problem then..links on the net seem to say it takes 3.2 litres! So maybe the 6k service was the ONLY time they did the oil AND filter.

http://probikemotor.net/?scr=14&ID=910&selectLanguage=2