Bangkok City Hall to ensure Lumphini Park ecosystem unharmed by PDRC rally

webfact

BMA to ensure Lumphini Park ecosystem unharmed by PDRC rally

BANGKOK, 4 March 2014 (NNT) – Bangkok City Hall is dispatching officials to watch over the ecosystem within Lumphini Park to prevent adverse effects that may result from protest activities inside the park.

According to Bangkok Governor M.R. Sukhumband Paribatra, Bangkok City Hall on Sunday mobilized around 3,000 personnel from 28 district offices to clean up 4 spots-- Asok, Ratchaprasong, Pathumwan and Silom-- earlier used as protest venues by the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC).

On Monday, the governor ordered relevant offices under the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration's jurisdiction to dispatch officials to Lumphini park to ensure proper hygiene for those using the park for various activities, and to ensure that animals and the ecosystem inside the park would not be afflicted by the PDRC's rallies within the park.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-03-04 footer_n.gif

"Bangkok City Hall on Sunday mobilized around 3,000 personnel from 28 district offices to clean up 4 spots-- Asok, Ratchaprasong, Pathumwan and Silom-- earlier used as protest venues by the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC)"

Now if Suthep can get said 3,000 to turn up at Lumpini he will have almost 4,000 to watch his performance tonight.

• Like 1

The lumphini park ecosystem?

<deleted> does that mean? Its a manicured park. I dont think they are going to find any endangered species in there.

Well, according to some posters, there are at least half a dozen of the rare yellow breasted, red,white and blue tailed, wheelchair-bound grannies among the shrubbery. Along with a few water monitor lizards trying to survive.

cheers

<deleted> does that mean? Its a manicured park. I dont think they are going to find any endangered species in there.

Don't you believe it, you may not be able to go to Lumphini park at present but go have a good look round Jatajak park which has a similar ecosystem.

Lots of wildlife in there and that doesn't include the ladyboys.

Well, according to some posters, there are at least half a dozen of the rare yellow breasted, red,white and blue tailed, wheelchair-bound grannies among the shrubbery. Along with a few water monitor lizards trying to survive.

cheers

I recall that when the red shirts ended their meeting in the sports stadium in Bangkok, the PRDC people made a big point od showing ptos of the litter they left behind (failing to mention that the clean-up was paid for in the hire charges) and contrasted that with pictures of their own volunteers cleaning up their rally sites. Now we hear:

"According to Bangkok Governor M.R. Sukhumband Paribatra, Bangkok City Hall on Sunday mobilized around 3,000 personnel from 28 district offices to clean up 4 spots-- Asok, Ratchaprasong, Pathumwan and Silom-- earlier used as protest venues by the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC)."

I have two questions:

1. Was the picture of the PRDC voluntees cleaning up just a cheap PR stunt? and

2. Is the PRDC going to pay the BMA for the cost of cleaning up?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

&lt;deleted&gt; does that mean? Its a manicured park. I dont think they are going to find any endangered species in there.

Democrats may become the endagered species by Summer.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

&lt;deleted&gt; does that mean? Its a manicured park. I dont think they are going to find any endangered species in there.

Democrats may become the endagered species by Summer.

Well, they are virtually extinct. They couldn't be bothered to attend the election, so for a while, I guess they are officially not required.

Don't you believe it, you may not be able to go to Lumphini park at present but go have a good look round Jatajak park which has a similar ecosystem.

Lots of wildlife in there and that doesn't include the ladyboys.

What would be classic would be if David Bellamy or Sir David Attenborough went in there and made a documentary.

" On the elaborately adorned stage set up by the natives we can here the shrill cries of the Rantus Hyperbolicus, migrating far from his southern homeland to face his mortal enemy the seldom spotted northern Thai land crab".