Thai Immigration arrest two foreigners on the lam

webfact

What I'm saying is that the police do not do their job from the standpoint of trying to do "good" like we are commonly led to believe. They do it because they get paid. I'm not commenting on their personal morality, only on the fact that their primary motivation is money. Accepting a bribe and being paid are only different in their outcome, ie: upholding or undermining the law. What I'm saying is that in either case, which are seemingly polar opposite outcomes, they get paid, and seeing as the primary motivation is money regardless of outcome, we can say that they have no consistent morality. Like most of society really.

Policing is upholding the law, which is neither moral nor rational, so maybe we can clarify by saying that policing is the exercise of the monopoly of force, to enforce adherence to a subjective code of behaviour, disguised in the cloak of false morality.

If policing was all about morality, you would expect to see some morality, but you don't, hence my argument that it's not about morality at all, rather the exercise of power for benefits, both intrinsic and extrinsic. Consistent morality is a very rare gem indeed.

And secondly, policing has nothing to do with morality good or bad, it is, like all work, a transaction of services or goods, for money. Of course the monopoly on the use of force and the power and status it provides are a juicy carrot.

Morality; (from the Latin moralitas "manner, character, proper behavior") normatively to refer to a code of conduct that, given specified conditions, would be put forward by all rational persons.

What are you saying? That policing is a mere trasaction for money? Police lose all morality when they accept bribes...that is what police accept when money changes hands, a bribe.

Policing is ALL about morality. I feel you have been too long here where the total absense of morality from the Thai thugs in brown is very obvious.

Rarely, if ever, do the Thai thugs in brown do good. They are immoral and have no idea what the real meaning of true policing is.

This week a poster was mugged on a busy street the "police" he reported to on the corner laughed at him. This is normal in this country devoid of morality. A bribe is a bribe is a bribe. It does not matter what the outcome is...it doesn't change the basis of the transaction.

Not all of society is morally bankrupt. I have never, ever taken a bribe. I know of many others who are like me. The difference between mw and the police is that they are paid to uiphold the standrads of their society. Their job is NOT to take bribes. You cannot properly uphold the law if you are taking bribes or you are paid to just do your job....for instance taking a simple report.

We can easily argue that the Thai "police" are wholly underpaid and should be paid more. That does not mean they can extort and harass both Thais and foreigners at will.

I recall the time I was in Pan Tip. There was a huge bustle of activity and lo and behold the local police commander, followed by a hoard of TV crews and his lackeys arrived. All the stall holders were warned and had their stalls empty. The reason for this charade? To show the world that Thailand was dealing with forgeries and especially DVD's. It was farcical. He wasn't going to really destroy one of his cash cows for a few foreigners on his back. This was immorality from the very top....down

Exercising your power, not for the good, for the protection of society, is surely immoral? I believe it is.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He fled to Thailand and was arrested while selling kebabs at Khao Sarn Road.

Selling kebabs at Khao Sarn road ? thats gold

That's a crime in itself!!! have you seen them dodgy kebabs on Khao Sarn??

Well done the food police!

• 1 month later...

Police Arrest Two Foreigners On The Lam

Here's a third now and another, like the kebab guy, involved in the meat business here. Perhaps needs its own new thread

Slovak Fugitive Caught In Thailand After 15 Years On The Run

Police in Thailand have apprehended a Slovak national who has been on the run for some 15 years, the TASR newswire learnt from Police Corps Presidium spokeswoman Andrea Dobiášová on April 29.

The man, referred to only as Dušan K., was detained on April 25 in a village called Wang Nam Khai in the Nakhon Ratchasima province. The Slovak police have been hunting for him since 1999. A respective international arrest warrant was made out in 2000. The man allegedly used false identification documents and violated Thailand’s immigration laws by residing there without valid travel documents. A financial penalty imposed as a result was settled for him by his Thai girlfriend.

While in the country, he made a living by producing meat products. “He denied his identity upon arrest,” Dobiášová said. “He claimed to be a different person who, according to the citizens’ registry, didn’t match his appearance.” She added that the Slovak authorities are currently in intensive contact with their counterparts in Thailand, seeking to have the man brought to Slovakia. Dušan K. was touted as one of the mob bosses in the town of Martin. He is said to have been a member of an organised criminal group involved in serious crimes back in the 1990s. He went on the run in 1998.

(Source: TASR) - For Fair Use

Article continues here:

The Slovak Spectator - 30 Apr 2014

http://spectator.sme.sk/articles/view/53819/10/slovak_fugitive_caught_in_thailand_after_15_years_on_the_run.html

Edited by gangrel

Here's a photo of the fugitive Slovak from Daily News, which reported he has been in Thailand for the past 4 years of his 15 years on the lam. He's on the left staring at the camera. He's alongside a German that was also arrested on an unrelated case. He fled on internet fraud charges and has been on the lam in Thailand for 3 years.

http://www.dailynews.co.th/Content/crime/

• 653035.jpeg

a photo of the fugitive Slovak