Thai Commerce Minister: Rice farmers will be paid next week

webfact

"rice deal with China will proceed, with Thailand delivering its first batch of 400,000 tons of rice in four months' time; dividing the lot into 100,000 tons per month."

"In regard to payments for rice farmers who pledged their rice, the Minister said he expected the proposal to borrow 20 billion baht from the central budget to be given a nod by Friday."

They owe the farmers about 130billion.......from what he said, how is he going to pay them next week?

You realize thousands of farmers have been getting paid on a daily basis for the past few months, right? It's not that nobody is getting paid, but not everyone at once. The farmers association doesn't even have the human capacity to pay everyone at once if they had all the funds available.

"rice deal with China will proceed, with Thailand delivering its first batch of 400,000 tons of rice in four months' time; dividing the lot into 100,000 tons per month."

"In regard to payments for rice farmers who pledged their rice, the Minister said he expected the proposal to borrow 20 billion baht from the central budget to be given a nod by Friday."

They owe the farmers about 130billion.......from what he said, how is he going to pay them next week?

You realize thousands of farmers have been getting paid on a daily basis for the past few months, right? It's not that nobody is getting paid, but not everyone at once. The farmers association doesn't even have the human capacity to pay everyone at once if they had all the funds available.

Do you have any proof of this in a link or something NOT from a government/UDD/RedShirt source.

AFAIR the government has been crying since December that they have no money to pay the farmers and they keep trying to borrow some.

Now if what you say is true then the government must be lying.

If what the government says is true then you must be lying.

Which is it?

• Like 1

Thai Commerce Minister: Rice farmers will be paid next week.

They past and copy this headline every week.

The care taker PM/DM vowed they would be paid a couple of weeks ago. So this must be a mistake? They must have been paid, she wouldn't lie would she?

The strange thing is they are still being fed this shit about "being paid next week' when so many promises have been broken, yet have stopped protesting.

Wonder why?

Easy (conjectural) answer in one - because they've been told if they continue protesting, they'll never get paid at all ...

I'm fairly new here and I need your help.I need to understand something. When people on this forum write posts praising this government are they

a) being paid to do that

cool.png trolling

c) ignorant about the situation

e) really believe what they post

And the e option really scares me.

Thank you.

all of the above?

• Like 1

I'm fairly new here and I need your help.I need to understand something. When people on this forum write posts praising this government are they

a) being paid to do that

cool.png trolling

c) ignorant about the situation

e) really believe what they post

And the e option really scares me.

Thank you.

I see you just arrived and made a good observation of the simple truth. A little common sense goes a long way.

We have fanatics who come on here and praise this proxy gov't of charlatans all day long, and tell us how great they are (and some have been here for a while! Yikes, sad state of affairs huh?)

• Like 1

More bad news for the Yellow mini mob currently out in the street harming the country.

Still NOT paid. You're wishful thinking, and making up excuses for oppressive graft on the backs of farmers? And you think the opposition still wears yellow? And demonstrators are doing harm?Tells us more about you than about the facts of reality. You're trying to convince yourself or just grin as you troll, as no one else is convinced.

All indications show PTP is doomed and trying to prolong the sinking of their fiefdom. The writing is on the wall, even as noticed and admitted by new members and visitors/tourists.

Edited by gemini81