Satish appeals to HM the King over Thai govt order to deport him

webfact

Satish made a mistake and that is his problem now. He should not waste the time of such a truly wonderful person, who should not be dragged into these type of trivial and stressful personal mistakes, and '"put on the spot" in this way.

If you loved Thailand you would not pester such an illustrious person in his elderly frail condition, it is disrespectful.

Especially when Satish is simply receiving the justice promised him - all foreigners were clearly told to avoid protest sites and incendiary rhetoric, and Satish didn't.

Well is your point that the appeal for pardon system is wrong, in which case I think you should concern yourself with the thousands pardoned from the jails every year - or does overcrowding come in to it?

Or is your point that an illustrious elderly person should not be pestered with such minor matters, in which case I think you might be surprised to learn that most of those things would be handled by the Royal Staff.

Or perhaps you are miffed that not just the wonderful Thai people can avail themselves but those Alien foreigners are allowed to as well?

Or perhaps that you just do not like the guy because he believes Thailand would be better off without your precious corrupt and incompetent traitors in the PTP who have stolen from the treasury in huge sums and proven inept in about everything they touch!

Why were'nt you up there on stage alongside ole Benito timewilltell. you seem to think that it is ok to interfere in Thai matters.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Satish made a mistake and that is his problem now. He should not waste the time of such a truly wonderful person, who should not be dragged into these type of trivial and stressful personal mistakes, and '"put on the spot" in this way.

If you loved Thailand you would not pester such an illustrious person in his elderly frail condition, it is disrespectful.

Especially when Satish is simply receiving the justice promised him - all foreigners were clearly told to avoid protest sites and incendiary rhetoric, and Satish didn't.

Well is your point that the appeal for pardon system is wrong, in which case I think you should concern yourself with the thousands pardoned from the jails every year - or does overcrowding come in to it?

Or is your point that an illustrious elderly person should not be pestered with such minor matters, in which case I think you might be surprised to learn that most of those things would be handled by the Royal Staff.

Or perhaps you are miffed that not just the wonderful Thai people can avail themselves but those Alien foreigners are allowed to as well?

Or perhaps that you just do not like the guy because he believes Thailand would be better off without your precious corrupt and incompetent traitors in the PTP who have stolen from the treasury in huge sums and proven inept in about everything they touch!

Why were'nt you up there on stage alongside ole Benito timewilltell. you seem to think that it is ok to interfere in Thai matters.

To timewilltell, I very much hope that you are NOT referring to the great and honourable HRM and his dedicated staff and servants of the Thai people... If you are, you are insanely naive and stupid.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Maybe I need to travel and request help over the anti-family immigration laws for farang husbands. coffee1.gif

Its not hard to become a PR if you fill out the required forms, hand over the 300,000 baht required and hold the same valid work permit for 3 consecutive years, then apply for citizenship. What has he been up to for the last 60 years the silly ass... No sympathy here...

India doesn't allow dual citizenship. And representing the Thai Indian business association whilst being a Thai might be a little bit of an issue.

Yes, but an Indian born person holding a foreign passport can get a Person Of Indian Origin card that gives them substantial rights and freedom of passage to India. And it's easily converted back to Indian citizenship. Several of my friends have taken this up when becoming citizens of other countries. I'm sure it would have not been an issue. And I find it bizarre to suggest that he maintained Indian citizenship just to maintain involvement in a business association .

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Who knows why. I lived in Thailand for 18 years paid tax all the way through and never went down the route to get citizenship or PR even.

I am reading it might have something to do with being able to confer Indian citizenship onto your children. If you have renounced your Indian citizenship , it may not be automatically conferred on your kids.....And could you imagine running around in India trying to regain your our confer your Indian citizenship with a Thai passport with a stamp in it?

Satish said he would need to rely on the court to ensure justice, adding "I believe in the Thai justice system."

Yet he claims:

"I am innocent and they should not have persecuted me. If I did anything wrong, I would have admitted to it,

And that:

He said that he had never been summoned by the authorities to hear a formal charge against him and that he had never been formally notified.

And then he goes to the highest authority of all to request a pardon!

Doesn't sound to me like he believes in the Thai justice system.....

Actually I do not see any contradiction and his position is perfectly consistent. When he refers to the Thai justice system, he probably means the Thai courts system. He is being kicked out of Thailand at the instigation of a minister who happens to be on the opposite side politically. His claim is that if he can get his case heard in the courts, the prosecution case will fail. But he would be a fool not to also appeal to the King, given his position with the pro-monarchy "Yellow Shirt" movement and the tendency for things to happen extra-judicially in Thailand. To not avail of it would be the act of a pedant.

• Like 1

Satish said he would need to rely on the court to ensure justice, adding "I believe in the Thai justice system."

Yet he claims:

"I am innocent and they should not have persecuted me. If I did anything wrong, I would have admitted to it,

And that:

He said that he had never been summoned by the authorities to hear a formal charge against him and that he had never been formally notified.

And then he goes to the highest authority of all to request a pardon!

Actually I do not see any contradiction and his position is perfectly consistent. When he refers to the Thai justice system, he probably means the Thai courts system. He is being kicked out of Thailand at the instigation of a minister who happens to be on the opposite side politically. His claim is that if he can get his case heard in the courts, the prosecution case will fail. But he would be a fool not to also appeal to the King, given his position with the pro-monarchy "Yellow Shirt" movement and the tendency for things to happen extra-judicially in Thailand. To not avail of it would be the act of a pedant.

Huh? By appealing like this and claiming he did nothing wrong, he is claiming that the entire justice system is corrupt, because by definition, if he hadn't done anything wrong, they couldn't have got a decision to deport him. So now, the accusaiton is, that the system must be corrupt to have "convicted" him. Somehow I don't think they are likely to intervene from the standpoint of an accusation that the system is bent. If he had said, "I did wrong, I apologise, please pardon me," that is a completely different kettle of fish.

He is asking for a wrong (in his opinion) to be righted. You think they should just take his word for it?

Edited by Thai at Heart

Paid taxes for 24 years and it must have been millions.

Due to visa restrictions I can't let go of my German passport otherwise I would have trashed it long time ago.

Ohh and in regards of Satish, just deport him and lets get over it.

Edited by MobileContent

Mr. Chalerm, it seems, did not follow the normal channels of prosecution and went directly to deportation. If one can be deported without formally being notified of charges and allowed to face a judge and plead their case with legal representation, what justice is there for any guests of the Kingdom? Is this the way to treat guests? Especially a guest who has, for many years, contributed to Thailand's economy by bringing foreign tourists in (and their foreign money), creating jobs for Thai people, and, until this one incident, a guest who has Permanent Residency and is an upstanding and respected pillar of the Indian-Thai community? Surely he should first be found guilty, in a court of law, of some misdeed before deportation proceedings are begun. This is chickenshit behavior by CMPO and meant to intimidate all second class citizens from participation in public affairs that affect their livelihoods and futures as much as it affects any Thai citizen. If murderers, rapists, wife-beaters, child molesters, drug peddlers, thieves, and foreigners who violate Lese Majesty laws are allowed to petition His Majesty (and I've never read on this forum anyone getting protective of the King when these people petition him), then Mr. Satish certainly has the right.

I would say that in the case of LM, the crime automatically involves the highly respected family itself, and so I would see why they would take an extra interest in appeals relating to this crime. To me that is just common sense, the same as if somebody insulted me it would become my legal case by default.

The problem is that most of the pardons that I have read were not related to political fighting, or taking sides in an effort to destabilise the nation. The Suthep movement was not talking about changing road safety laws or anything, they were talking about abolishing the electoral democracy and replacing it with an unelected junta. Some of the student-leaders were talking about the kidnap of the PM's family too. This is serious business, it can backfire dramatically and cause huge damage to the stability of the nation. For that reason, a foreigner becoming involved in this overthrow movement is guilty of more than say shoplifting, wife-beating or even LM, he poses a threat to the stability of the current political system and the nation itself.

If the Govt has ordered foreigners to avoid protests altogether, especially to avoid taking sides in a volatile situation, then this is an order that foreigners should respect. And this is a separate issue to what a great guy Satish is. I myself have done a lot of charitable humanitarian work etc. but I wouldn't for a moment believe that this made me so special I am above following orders from the Govt of a nation I'm staying in.

I'm not talking about if Satish should be pardoned or not. I'm not saying Satish is justified or that he should stay. I'm referring to all the hypocrites who think he doesn't have the right to appeal for a Royal Pardon. A man of his standing, and history in the community, deserves the courtesy of being formally charged with wrongdoing and given the chance to appeal.

Putting it simply, a man of his standing and history in the community should not have arrogantly tried to help bring down the elected government of this country either by his actions or, as it appears to financially assisted the rebels who were hell bent on doing just that.

In other countries, people get hung for this....

Curious, I don't remember westerners on this board kicking up so much fuss when Thailand deports Rohingyas or the Hmong.

Perhaps because the Hmong deportation was four years ago and you've been a member for four months.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Bloody good one mate ! clap2.gif

Yes well the Thais don't think its ok if it is against them of course - that is why they do not understand a democracy I suppose. Why wasn't I up there - can't be bothered to expose myself as my primary responsibility is to my family. With the small mindedness of the people I don't choose to put myself into difficulties if I can help it but then I have only got several children and lived here 10+ years, not 40 years and it is a sad world that targets people just because they were not born here. That is the foundation for racism which I despise.

It is just politics not murder and I think the people killing people deserve a little more Attention than the odd foreigner who stands up and says the King is a great fellow. How he is targeted for that is ridiculous.

Mr. Chalerm, it seems, did not follow the normal channels of prosecution and went directly to deportation. If one can be deported without formally being notified of charges and allowed to face a judge and plead their case with legal representation, what justice is there for any guests of the Kingdom? Is this the way to treat guests? Especially a guest who has, for many years, contributed to Thailand's economy by bringing foreign tourists in (and their foreign money), creating jobs for Thai people, and, until this one incident, a guest who has Permanent Residency and is an upstanding and respected pillar of the Indian-Thai community? Surely he should first be found guilty, in a court of law, of some misdeed before deportation proceedings are begun. This is chickenshit behavior by CMPO and meant to intimidate all second class citizens from participation in public affairs that affect their livelihoods and futures as much as it affects any Thai citizen. If murderers, rapists, wife-beaters, child molesters, drug peddlers, thieves, and foreigners who violate Lese Majesty laws are allowed to petition His Majesty (and I've never read on this forum anyone getting protective of the King when these people petition him), then Mr. Satish certainly has the right.

I would say that in the case of LM, the crime automatically involves the highly respected family itself, and so I would see why they would take an extra interest in appeals relating to this crime. To me that is just common sense, the same as if somebody insulted me it would become my legal case by default.

The problem is that most of the pardons that I have read were not related to political fighting, or taking sides in an effort to destabilise the nation. The Suthep movement was not talking about changing road safety laws or anything, they were talking about abolishing the electoral democracy and replacing it with an unelected junta. Some of the student-leaders were talking about the kidnap of the PM's family too. This is serious business, it can backfire dramatically and cause huge damage to the stability of the nation. For that reason, a foreigner becoming involved in this overthrow movement is guilty of more than say shoplifting, wife-beating or even LM, he poses a threat to the stability of the current political system and the nation itself.

If the Govt has ordered foreigners to avoid protests altogether, especially to avoid taking sides in a volatile situation, then this is an order that foreigners should respect. And this is a separate issue to what a great guy Satish is. I myself have done a lot of charitable humanitarian work etc. but I wouldn't for a moment believe that this made me so special I am above following orders from the Govt of a nation I'm staying in.

I'm not talking about if Satish should be pardoned or not. I'm not saying Satish is justified or that he should stay. I'm referring to all the hypocrites who think he doesn't have the right to appeal for a Royal Pardon. A man of his standing, and history in the community, deserves the courtesy of being formally charged with wrongdoing and given the chance to appeal.

Putting it simply, a man of his standing and history in the community should not have arrogantly tried to help bring down the elected government of this country either by his actions or, as it appears to financially assisted the rebels who were hell bent on doing just that.

In other countries they don't. Rather sad people all over the world are being so oppressed they can't even say what they think because some scumbag has been elected and then proceeds to steal all their money and tell everyone what to do.

Land of the Free? Ha ha

In other countries they don't. Rather sad people all over the world are being so oppressed they can't even say what they think because some scumbag has been elected and then proceeds to steal all their money and tell everyone what to do.

Land of the Free? Ha ha

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/23/world/middleeast/iran-surge-in-executions-worries-rights-experts.html?_r=0

United Nations human rights experts called on Wednesday for an urgent halt to a surge in executions in Iran in recent weeks, observing that the more moderate tone adopted on human rights since President Hassan Rouhani’s election last year has yet to yield any moderation in the country’s punitive practices. Iran reportedly hanged 40 people in the first two weeks of January, 33 of them in the last week, Ahmed Shaheed, the United Nations expert monitoring human rights in Iran, and Christof Heyns, the organization’s expert dealing with summary executions, said in a joint statement released in Geneva. The hangings carried out by Iran since the start of the year follow the execution of 625 people, including 28 women, and a number of political detainees

Go up against some governments and see what happens

• Like 2

Land of the Free? Ha ha

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/23/world/middleeast/iran-surge-in-executions-worries-rights-experts.html?_r=0

United Nations human rights experts called on Wednesday for an urgent halt to a surge in executions in Iran in recent weeks, observing that the more moderate tone adopted on human rights since President Hassan Rouhani’s election last year has yet to yield any moderation in the country’s punitive practices. Iran reportedly hanged 40 people in the first two weeks of January, 33 of them in the last week, Ahmed Shaheed, the United Nations expert monitoring human rights in Iran, and Christof Heyns, the organization’s expert dealing with summary executions, said in a joint statement released in Geneva. The hangings carried out by Iran since the start of the year follow the execution of 625 people, including 28 women, and a number of political detainees

Ha ha - yes glad I don't live in that country. Not that I would - how would you ever find a wife when they are all hidden under black tents. That says volumes for that particular place.

But how is that relevant to this particular place - they are just relatively worse or better. The argument is factious because every place has problems and every place should be striving to solve them to be a better place - unfortunately it is the worst of people who manage to disrupt such progress.

Land of the Free? Ha ha

United Nations human rights experts called on Wednesday for an urgent halt to a surge in executions in Iran in recent weeks, observing that the more moderate tone adopted on human rights since President Hassan Rouhanis election last year has yet to yield any moderation in the countrys punitive practices. Iran reportedly hanged 40 people in the first two weeks of January, 33 of them in the last week, Ahmed Shaheed, the United Nations expert monitoring human rights in Iran, and Christof Heyns, the organizations expert dealing with summary executions, said in a joint statement released in Geneva. The hangings carried out by Iran since the start of the year follow the execution of 625 people, including 28 women, and a number of political detainees

Ha ha - yes glad I don't live in that country. Not that I would - how would you ever find a wife when they are all hidden under black tents. That says volumes for that particular place.

But how is that relevant to this particular place - they are just relatively worse or better. The argument is factious because every place has problems and every place should be striving to solve them to be a better place - unfortunately it is the worst of people who manage to disrupt such progress.

Well u said people don't get hung for political activities and I showed they do.

All the rest is fluff

• Like 1

Land of the Free? Ha ha

United Nations human rights experts called on Wednesday for an urgent halt to a surge in executions in Iran in recent weeks, observing that the more moderate tone adopted on human rights since President Hassan Rouhanis election last year has yet to yield any moderation in the countrys punitive practices. Iran reportedly hanged 40 people in the first two weeks of January, 33 of them in the last week, Ahmed Shaheed, the United Nations expert monitoring human rights in Iran, and Christof Heyns, the organizations expert dealing with summary executions, said in a joint statement released in Geneva. The hangings carried out by Iran since the start of the year follow the execution of 625 people, including 28 women, and a number of political detainees

Well u said people don't get hung for political activities and I showed they do.

All the rest is fluff

Ah sorry I should have said .... And in SOME other countries they don't. Sorry not to make myself clear.

Its not hard to become a PR if you fill out the required forms, hand over the 300,000 baht required and hold the same valid work permit for 3 consecutive years, then apply for citizenship. What has he been up to for the last 60 years the silly ass... No sympathy here...

India doesn't allow dual citizenship. And representing the Thai Indian business association whilst being a Thai might be a little bit of an issue.

Yes, but an Indian born person holding a foreign passport can get a Person Of Indian Origin card that gives them substantial rights and freedom of passage to India. And it's easily converted back to Indian citizenship. Several of my friends have taken this up when becoming citizens of other countries. I'm sure it would have not been an issue. And I find it bizarre to suggest that he maintained Indian citizenship just to maintain involvement in a business association .

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Who knows why. I lived in Thailand for 18 years paid tax all the way through and never went down the route to get citizenship or PR even.

I am reading it might have something to do with being able to confer Indian citizenship onto your children. If you have renounced your Indian citizenship , it may not be automatically conferred on your kids.....And could you imagine running around in India trying to regain your our confer your Indian citizenship with a Thai passport with a stamp in it?

PIO status goes down four generations from the ancestor born in India. His great grandchildren will have this status if they want.

rebels? Really? Hyperbole much?

Yeah, hanging is appropriate for his atrocity of protesting corruption by the government. \sarc

So, your beautiful Thai government should behave the same as the other most repressive governments in the World, is that what you mean? You are letting your hatred of those against you beloved Thaksin get in the way of your humanity.

Yeah, hanging is appropriate for his atrocity of protesting corruption by the government. \sarc

So, your beautiful Thai government should behave the same as the other most repressive governments in the World, is that what you mean? You are letting your hatred of those against you beloved Thaksin get in the way of your humanity.

Huh? No of course it isn't appropriate, but it shows, that if the price is deportation, he might be considered to have got off lightly.

Maybe he would prefer 6 months in jail. I mean sending an SMS versus campaigning to over throw a government... Hmmmm

Royal pardons are only granted to those who admit guilt of the crime. So he has to change his tune about not doing anything wrong before he can go down the RP route.

There was a huge petition for a Royal Pardon for Dr. Thaksin. When did Dr. Thaksin ever admit guilt? Did you post this same comment when Dr. Thaksin was trying to get a Royal Pardon? Yeah, thought not.

• Like 1

Huh? No of course it isn't appropriate, but it shows, that if the price is deportation, he might be considered to have got off lightly.

Maybe he would prefer 6 months in jail. I mean sending an SMS versus campaigning to over throw a government... Hmmmm

Mr. Satish might actually prefer a hearing in front of a judge and with legal representation. If the government has a case, he should be deported. Of course Thailand's justice system fares well when compared to N. Korea; what a silly argument. Illegal aliens, caught red-handed crossing the border, in the U.S. all get a hearing. Why don't you compare Thailand's methods of 'justice' to a developed country? BTW Mr. Satish is not an illegal alien sneaking into Thailand. Thailand is the only home he has known, having been brought here at age five. Having grown up here, he, mistakenly, believed he was part of the community. The Thais sure straightened him out about that. I know your love for 'Dear Leader' Thaksin has clouded your judgment, but really, to single this man out as an enemy of the government is petty and vindictive; a Chalerm trademark.

Edited by rametindallas
  • Like 1

Mr. Satish might actually prefer a hearing in front of a judge and with legal representation. If the government has a case, he should be deported. Of course Thailand's justice system fares well when compared to N. Korea; what a silly argument. Illegal aliens, caught red-handed crossing the border, in the U.S. all get a hearing. Why don't you compare Thailand's methods of 'justice' to a developed country? BTW Mr. Satish is not an illegal alien sneaking into Thailand. Thailand is the only home he has known, having been brought here at age five. Having grown up here, he, mistakenly, believed he was part of the community. The Thais sure straightened him out about that. I know your love for 'Dear Leader' Thaksin has clouded your judgment, but really, to single this man out as an enemy of the government is petty and vindictive; a Chalerm trademark.
Like I quoted, it appears that it is done by committee. Remember when thaksins visa just got cancelled in the uk?

The home secratery just cancelled it. No word why. Cancelled. Tesco cashed in some big chips that day. I don't get this singled out business. If I as a white guy had gone there they would deport me too. Falangs aren't welcome at protests . is it hard to understand?

Edited by Thai at Heart

Why should he, nobody else does either

Rightly so.

Perhaps he should have said more accurately, "I believe in the Thai justice system".....knowing he will likely pay some tea money to someone and be back before ya know it!

As far as the "justice" system....well, nuff' said....

Like I quoted, it appears that it is done by committee. Remember when thaksins visa just got cancelled in the uk?

The home secratery just cancelled it. No word why. Cancelled. Tesco cashed in some big chips that day. I don't get this singled out business. If I as a white guy had gone there they would deport me too. Falangs aren't welcome at protests . is it hard to understand?

If he's guilty of an offense, I don't have any problem with his deportation or banning him for life. I have a problem with political pressure on the committee that originally found there was not enough reason to deport him and three days later did a 180 degree shift. No appeals allowed. If Dr. Thaksin were in the U.K. at the time, he almost certainly would have been afforded an appeal. Obviously, he has appealed the cancellation of his passport as he is now allowed to visit the U.K.. This government has difficulty with processes. Look at the Flood Scheme. They didn't bother with the process of Environmental Impact Studies, Human Impact Studies, Town Hall meetings, writing clearly defined goals and goalposts for the projects to be bid on and the courts had to stop them. Thaksin supporters claim political motives are behind his legal troubles but can't see political motives on the government side. I don't know Mr. Satish and never heard of him before this bru ha ha, but I can see he is being made a scapegoat and an example of. Fair and impartial application of laws precludes making 'examples' of people.

I thought it was illegal to speàk about HM in political context?

But this Satish guy appeals to HM to help him in what he calls a politically motivated deportation order?

Isn't that technically illegal, then?

Royal pardons are only granted to those who admit guilt of the crime. So he has to change his tune about not doing anything wrong before he can go down the RP route.

There was a huge petition for a Royal Pardon for Dr. Thaksin. When did Dr. Thaksin ever admit guilt? Did you post this same comment when Dr. Thaksin was trying to get a Royal Pardon? Yeah, thought not.

And Thaksin didn't get a royal pardon because he didn't admit guilt, so why should this Satish guy get a pardon?