Education official: 580,000 Thais aged over 15 years are completely illiterate

webfact

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder what percent of the entire Thai population lack the ability to think critically, to think beyond the here and now, to make inferences, or to think and indeed act in a proactive manner. I often wonder this.

In short, they can't. Their 'skills' in this area are zero. I'm not going to get into all the reasons why, because there are too many, but I do recall reading that, of the 3 major IQ studies carried out by Chula Uni, IQ varied between each one as 88 to 91 ...

Never, ever, ask a Thai to do more than one thing at a time ...

The elites in Siam (and that includes many of the farangs here) do not want the Siamese people to think for themselves. They just want to have a large number of semi-slaves who will bow down before them and work for tiny wages in factories, restaurants and coffee shops.

Although the farang elites pay lip-service to improving education, what they really want is what they have got right now - an education system that churns out subservient, obedient proles who will do what they are told.

Come on, tell me that I am wrong! Tell me that you, as a falang, want uppity think-for-themselves people!

You don't, right? You have come here to Siam/Thailand because you want to have your own personal slaves, and that's what you have got, and that's why you oppose the red-shirts and why you support the criminal Suthep. Am I right or am I right?

In my opinion there is only one decent future for Siam, and that is to utterly oppose the right-wing agenda espoused by the criminal Suthep, and to agree with the red shirts in saying that Siam needs absolute democracy, which will aim at greater equality.

In short, the country needs total transformation. Thaksin started the process: someone else, from the left-wing, needs to follow it through.

Do me a favor and define" uppity".

The elites in Siam (and that includes many of the farangs here) do not want the Siamese people to think for themselves. They just want to have a large number of semi-slaves who will bow down before them and work for tiny wages in factories, restaurants and coffee shops.

Although the farang elites pay lip-service to improving education, what they really want is what they have got right now - an education system that churns out subservient, obedient proles who will do what they are told.

Come on, tell me that I am wrong! Tell me that you, as a falang, want uppity think-for-themselves people!

You don't, right? You have come here to Siam/Thailand because you want to have your own personal slaves, and that's what you have got, and that's why you oppose the red-shirts and why you support the criminal Suthep. Am I right or am I right?

In my opinion there is only one decent future for Siam, and that is to utterly oppose the right-wing agenda espoused by the criminal Suthep, and to agree with the red shirts in saying that Siam needs absolute democracy, which will aim at greater equality.

In short, the country needs total transformation. Thaksin started the process: someone else, from the left-wing, needs to follow it through.

Anti-red shirt = Pro-slavery.

:blink:

The Pro-red shirt rhetoric reaches new heights.

:huh:

All the while completing ignoring lack of educational progress achieved during the past 15 years, the vast majority of that being under Thaksin, Samak, Somchai, and Yingluck administrations and the turnstile they've used for their countless Education Ministers.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

While you're at it, could you add a section on logic to this standard test? Pretty please??

There is none ! The thing i would love to see here is an IQ test or a MENSA test, you could give them to 95 + % of the populace and we all know what the outcome wouls be. Even the 5 % would not do well. I gave 2 questions to my classes (1000+ kids), aged 14 to 17, i think 1 child got 1 answer, and the questions weren't that difficult.

There are IQ tests here. Don't expect kids to do well if your tests are conducted in english.

And 'logic' as a topic is taught in grade 10 elective mathematics in high school.