O Visa in KL (how long it take)

Hi- I am going to KL in next few weeks to apply for an O visa as my wife is now permanently based in Thailand. She is English by the way but is working here with all correct permits and visas.

Does anyone know how long it will take to process the application in KL? They say two working days- does this mean if I go in the morning it will be ready the following afternoon or does it mean two days later?

Any help would be great as I am trying to work out which flight to book!

thanks

I always thought that getting a tourist visa first was better then working out a non-o later because of the hoops you have to jump through.

I assume he is already here on a tourist visa or possibly an exempt entry.

He needs to get a non-o visa to get a dependent extension of stay based upon his wife's extension of stay based upon working.

I obtain my NON-O from KL and must tell, the only reason why I apply in KL, because my wife never been in Malaysia, then I want show her some country abroad.

I strongly NOT recommend KL, because they want for example 100.000 thb deposit in thai bank for O visa to be issued. Laos is hassle-free. HK also if we speak about NON-O, especially if your wife British citizen.

Emirates Air now promote BKK-HK roundtrip for 6000 THB.

So, if you just look where to take O, I think Laos or HK better. Both are next-day, apply morning, get afternoon next day.

I obtain my NON-O from KL and must tell, the only reason why I apply in KL, because my wife never been in Malaysia, then I want show her some country abroad.

I strongly NOT recommend KL, because they want for example 100.000 thb deposit in thai bank for O visa to be issued. Laos is hassle-free. HK also if we speak about NON-O, especially if your wife British citizen.

Emirates Air now promote BKK-HK roundtrip for 6000 THB.

So, if you just look where to take O, I think Laos or HK better. Both are next-day, apply morning, get afternoon next day.

Topic is about getting a single entry non-o needed for a dependent extension not one based upon marriage to a Thai.

I don't suggest KL for getting any visa at the moment. They no longer do multiple entry visas of any kind now.

Penang also is good for getting a single entry non-o.

Thanks for the replies. Im in Thailand now on a a triple entry tourist visa that is running out.

I have all paper work I need- its been prepared by a very professional school.

My wife is British so I dont need baht in the bank.

I only need a single entry as Im going back to UK in July and changing then onto a Non B as I have a job offer here for August!

So taking that all into account I think KL should be fine! Thanks for letting me know how long it takes- cheapest place to fly to from Phuket it seems to get this done!

cheers all