Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

At the distance the a/c was from the radar, there would need to be quite significant separation of the pieces for them to show up as separate "blips". And probably by the time they separated sufficiently, they would have dropped below the radars minimum elevation at that distance.

However, the position of this occurrence is fairly well known and there's been no report of any sign of debris. Does seem more likely it dropped out of primary radar elevation, by fair mean or foul, and headed away from there.

On the contrary, there have been two reports of debris of interest that have turned out not to be associated with this aircraft. And that's just the big bits.

These are busy waters, there is probably crap floating everywhere.

OK - perhaps I should have said "no report of any sign of debris associated with this a/c"...

I still find it strange that the a/c "disappeared" almost exactly midway between the MAY and VN radar tracking stations. Co-incidence? I fear not.

I don't. I find it strange that people look for conspiracies in the absence of information.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now confirmed that the two men traveling on false passports are not of Asian appearance. However the minister refused to comment on their possible nationality or ethnicity. The plot thickens.

They have just confirmed that are of Asian appearance!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Some serious ' chatter ' that an Iranian based it Thailand is connected to the purchase of the two tickets used by the two suspects. We all know too well that there has been, and more than likely still are, Iranian Islamic extremists operating here.

Failed to board

Four passengers on flight 370 failed to board after checking in their luggage, which raised further suspicion about the passengers after the plane disappeared.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/no-wreckage-of-malaysia-flight-mh370-found-says-airline-20140310-hvgs6.html#ixzz2vXElXuYr

Where in this link does it say anything about passengers failing to board?

1/3 of the way down the page.

Failed to board

Four passengers on flight 370 failed to board after checking in their luggage, which raised further suspicion about the passengers after the plane disappeared.

In fact 5 checked-in passengers failed to board.

All of their checked-on luggage was removed from the aircraft prior to take off.

I read somewhere, that the two false passport holders bought their flight tickets from Thailand and there can be a possibility that they were in transit via KL. When you are in transit, I don't think there are any more immigration check-points.

Now confirmed that the two men traveling on false passports are not of Asian appearance. However the minister refused to comment on their possible nationality or ethnicity. The plot thickens.

They have just confirmed that are of Asian appearance!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Not according to the Malaysian Government's press conference just issued 5 minute ago. whistling.gif

http://avherald.com/h?article=4710c69b&opt=0

Seems to give a good summary.

Hong Kong's Air Traffic Control Center reported on Mar 10th 2014 around 17:30L (09:30Z) that an airliner enroute on airway L642 reported via HF radio that they saw a large field of debris at position N9.72 E107.42 about 80nm southeast of Ho Chi Minh City, about 50nm off the south-eastern coast of Vietnam in the South China Sea and about 281nm northeast of the last known radar position. Ships have been dispatched to the reported debris field.

It states:

Hong Kong's Air Traffic Control Center reported on Mar 10th 2014 around 17:30L (09:30Z) that an airliner enroute on airway L642 reported via HF radio that they saw a large field of debris at position N9.72 E107.42 about 80nm southeast of Ho Chi Minh City, about 50nm off the south-eastern coast of Vietnam in the South China Sea and about 281nm northeast of the last known radar position. Ships have been dispatched to the reported debris field.

Miles away from the search grid.

It states:

Here

https://goo.gl/maps/aVnsE

I'm no expert but that looks too far for the plane to glide. If this is the site then there is an unusual story to be discovered.

Edited by draftvader

It states:

Here

The search grid is at least an 8 hr flight time radius at the moment.

At the distance the a/c was from the radar, there would need to be quite significant separation of the pieces for them to show up as separate "blips". And probably by the time they separated sufficiently, they would have dropped below the radars minimum elevation at that distance.

However, the position of this occurrence is fairly well known and there's been no report of any sign of debris. Does seem more likely it dropped out of primary radar elevation, by fair mean or foul, and headed away from there.

On the contrary, there have been two reports of debris of interest that have turned out not to be associated with this aircraft. And that's just the big bits.

These are busy waters, there is probably crap floating everywhere.

OK - perhaps I should have said "no report of any sign of debris associated with this a/c"...

I still find it strange that the a/c "disappeared" almost exactly midway between the MAY and VN radar tracking stations. Co-incidence? I fear not.

I don't. I find it strange that people look for conspiracies in the absence of information.

" To have a conspiracy you must first have a version of truth".

ong Kong's Air Traffic Control Center reported on Mar 10th 2014 around 17:30L (09:30Z) that an airliner enroute on airway L642 reported via HF radio that they saw a large field of debris at position N9.72 E107.42 about 80nm southeast of Ho Chi Minh City, about 50nm off the south-eastern coast of Vietnam in the South China Sea and about 281nm northeast of the last known radar position. Ships have been dispatched to the reported debris field.

Here

The search grid is at least an 8 hr flight time radius at the moment.

From what I heard this morning they were considering widening it from 20 to 50 miles.

That information on AH sounds plausible, how the plane flew that far without being detected is a mystery..

" To have a conspiracy you must first have a version of truth".

thasts precisely the problem ,we have about 20 versions of "the truth" depending who you ask

the malaysians cant even agree if the guys with the stolen/suspipcious passports are 2 or 5

and whether theyre asians or white guys or they still havent got a clue

even the same authority (spokespersons of the airline have confirmed that they were asains

and are now back peddaling to say they were caucausions) so theres some damage limitation

going on now the airline are under fire for lax security measures

Edited by speedtripler

Does anyone know why http://flightaware.com/live/flight/MAS370/history/20140307/1635Z/WMKK/ZBAA shows the flight ending east of the Cameron Highlands and not where the other trackers do when they seem to have no problem tracking other days flights,.

We don't know if someone's messed around with this data but that's an interesting link nonetheless.

I'm starting to believe that anti tinfoil hatters from earlier posts are now realising there's something amiss with this scenario.

Just doing a little digging and am getting 70-80nm for a 777 gliding from cruise height. Google Earth shows roughly 250-300nm from last contact to the latest suggested debris field. Certainly some more questions to be answered if this does turn out to be MH370. All contact lost and it made it 250-300nm before crashing. That means it was flown part of the way....if this debris field is MH370.

Failed to board

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/no-wreckage-of-malaysia-flight-mh370-found-says-airline-20140310-hvgs6.html#ixzz2vXElXuYr

Where in this link does it say anything about passengers failing to board?

1/3 of the way down the page.

Failed to board

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/no-wreckage-of-malaysia-flight-mh370-found-says-airline-20140310-hvgs6.html#ixzz2vXIDmkni

All of their checked-on luggage was removed from the aircraft prior to take off.

......according to the official 'line' that is. I understand the flight left on time, which I find unlikely if FIVE pax failed to show. Unless of course all 'no show' luggage was conveniently all in the same container and this was the last container to be loaded in the hold.......

I have no doubt now that a government somewhere knows exactly what has happened to these poor souls, but they ain't for telling at the moment.

Some serious ' chatter ' that an Iranian based it Thailand is connected to the purchase of the two tickets used by the two suspects. We all know too well that there has been, and more than likely still are, Iranian Islamic extremists operating here.

I recall seeing some photo's of the guy's who tried to deploy the bomb in Bangkok a couple of years ago (and ended up causing more injury to himself) cavorting in a Pattaya bar a few days before the event...

And rumour has it that the tickets for the false passports were also bought form a Pattaya travel agent. Doesn't mean of course that it was the passenger that bought them, especially if they were e-tickets - as most are nowadays.

Just doing a little digging and am getting 70-80nm for a 777 gliding from cruise height. Google Earth shows roughly 250-300nm from last contact to the latest suggested debris field. Certainly some more questions to be answered if this does turn out to be MH370. All contact lost and it made it 250-300nm before crashing. That means it was flown part of the way....if this debris field is MH370.

Doesn't explain the radar, but:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios_Airways_Flight_522

I recall seeing some photo's of the guy's who tried to deploy the bomb in Bangkok a couple of years ago (and ended up causing more injury to himself) cavorting in a Pattaya bar a few days before the event...

And rumour has it that the tickets for the false passports were also bought form a Pattaya travel agent. Doesn't mean of course that it was the passenger that bought them, especially if they were e-tickets - as most are nowadays.

What would Iranians want to do this for? What has this got to do with Iran? Zero, zilch and nada.

This "chatter", where does it come from? Any sources?

many travel agents will still accept a wad of cash and book the tickets on their own credit card in whatever names and passport numbers you give them

they dont care if theyre making a profit over the airline price so the financial trail stops there ,probably shouldnt be allowed but since most thais dont have a credit card what u gonna do ?

Does anyone know why http://flightaware.com/live/flight/MAS370/history/20140307/1635Z/WMKK/ZBAA shows the flight ending east of the Cameron Highlands and not where the other trackers do when they seem to have no problem tracking other days flights,.

We don't know if someone's messed around with this data but that's an interesting link nonetheless.

I'm starting to believe that anti tinfoil hatters from earlier posts are now realising there's something amiss with this scenario.

This is the Flightradar24 image that was videoed. You can see it reached cruising altitude of 35000 feet at Kelantan and flying normally for a fair period of time before disappearing.

If you look at the YouTube video enlarged at YouTube there was a heading change from 25 deg to 40 degrees just before disappearing. Maybe only a normal heading correction but it had been on 25 degrees all the time until then.

This is the Flightradar24 image that was videoed. You can see it reached cruising altitude of 35000 feet at Terengganu and flying normally for a fair period of time before disappearing.

5OubrPm.gif

Yes, I am aware of that. My question is why the disparity?

This is the Flightradar24 image that was videoed. You can see it reached cruising altitude of 35000 feet at Terengganu and flying normally for a fair period of time before disappearing.

5OubrPm.gif

Mirror News

Just a few questions; is the red dotted line the usual flightpath? Was the plane off course soon after taking off or is this the norm? I would understand if the plane was off course due to the weather but I think the weather was OK on Saturday.

In the news conference just held by the Malaysian government, they stated that they were expanding the search area off the west coast of Malaysia. The map they presented showed an area that is far larger than the 100 sqm area at the area where radar contact was lost. The search grid now stretches northwest, all the way up past the northern tip of Sumatra, on a line west of Phuket. That's must be more than an hour's flight time from the original area.

Obviously a 777-200 does not glide that far. I am guessing that Malaysia's military radar must have tracked primary radar returns out into the Andaman, and being military, they don't want to show their hand. It also indicates that if they believe the aircraft could have been intact, out of radio and transponder contact and able to fly perhaps 500 nm, then they must suspect hijacking as a possibility.

5OubrPm.gif

Mirror News

Just a few questions; is the red dotted line the usual flightpath? Was the plane off course soon after taking off or is this the norm? I would understand if the plane was off course due to the weather but I think the weather was OK on Saturday.

The red line is the shortest great circle route. The planes seem to prefer to not overfly land on this route.

Edited by harrry

I think the red dotted line is the direct line between departure and destination...actual flight paths rarely follow this direct routing, but from what I've seen posted elsewhere previous and later flights show a similar actual path.

This is the Flightradar24 image that was videoed. You can see it reached cruising altitude of 35000 feet at Kelantan and flying normally for a fair period of time before disappearing.

If you look at the YouTube video enlarged at YouTube there was a heading change from 25 deg to 40 degrees just before disappearing. Maybe only a normal heading correction but it had been on 25 degrees all the time until then.

Apparently that was a scheduled change of heading on passing the airways waypoint.

Further speculation is not really much help at this stage. We can only hope there is something found sooner rather than later.

Failed to board

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/no-wreckage-of-malaysia-flight-mh370-found-says-airline-20140310-hvgs6.html#ixzz2vXIDmkni

......according to the official 'line' that is. I understand the flight left on time, which I find unlikely if FIVE pax failed to show. Unless of course all 'no show' luggage was conveniently all in the same container and this was the last container to be loaded in the hold.....

I have no doubt now that a government somewhere knows exactly what has happened to these poor souls, but they ain't for telling at the moment.

Other data shows Flight left some 15 minutes late!!