Cheapest way to get from Udon Thani airport to the bus station

Walk - if this is not a choice than all other options are price controlled by the taxi group

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not an option. Look at my member name. I am too fat.

I am travelling on a very tight budget and need to get the cheapest option.

the cheapest way i see,

is on the cheapest motorbike,

parked outside the cheapest hotel,

next time you come,

just stay at work for another couple of weeks and have a better time,

then you could get a taxi,,,,,,,

you live here,,,,,,

sound a bit like surviving to me,

and im not being funny,

i still go to work, im on a mucky oil refinery at the moment, im not back home till 10th may,

i saw my mate retire to soon without enough money,

that wont happen to me,

jake

• Like 1

you live here,,,,,,

and im not being funny,

i still go to work, im on a mucky oil refinery at the moment, im not back home till 10th may,

that wont happen to me,

jake

I live cheap by personal choice.

I didn't have a failed marriage and didn't desert my family in the UK to set up camp in a breeze block shack with my new rice farmer wife on a sor bor kor block in Nakon Nowhere.

The fact that I made the right choices allows me not to work here in Thailand.

The fact that I continue to try to spend my dollars wisely means that I don't have to work as a rig pig, only seeing my wife and new born loog krueng child every other month and leaving my wife with the responsibility to raise my child alone and to tend to my ridiculous pig farm.

Now...still happy you had a cheap shot at me.

you live here,,,,,,

and im not being funny,

that wont happen to me,

jake

I didn't have a failed marriage and didn't desert my family in the UK to set up camp in a breeze block shack with my new rice farmer wife on a sor bor kor block in Nakon Nowhere.

The fact that I continue to try to spend my dollars wisely means that I don't have to work as a rig pig, only seeing my wife and new born loog krueng child every other month and leaving my wife with the responsibility to raise my child alone and to tend to my ridiculous pig farm.

Ouch !

If the 60B bus is true, then kudos to the local government - where's all the slammers to give a nod?

I've found no matter where in Asia, if you simply walk outside the grounds of the airport, cheerfully deflecting all the protests of amazement from the scammers and head out for the main road, you will find that local transport providers, including most often local moto's are happy to stop and strike a reasonable deal.

A good sign that it's a reasonable price is that two or three will turn you down before you find one willing to take you.

If you're too fat (drunk and stupid) for that, then you've got bigger problems to work on. . .

Last April 2013 the only way to get from Udon Thani airport into town was by the Taxi marfia.

300Thb into town, no other way.

Going back from Udon to airport by Tok tok was 150Thb.

aussiep

I lived in Udon until 9 months ago. The 300 baht taxi (private car) is NOT the only choice but it is the fastest. Also anything outside the ring-road will be 300 + whatever number the driver pulls out of his arse or you manage to negotiate.

There are minibuses for about 60 baht but to get that fare, you wait until it is full or loaded up a few more passengers. Otherwise they will charge you 300 baht as a direct hire.

Make sure you get the Udon minibus as there's a few of them and most of them are headed for Nongkhai with visa runners and dodgy TEFL'ers.

you live here,,,,,,

and im not being funny,

that wont happen to me,

jake

you can have all the shots you like at me,

i like the pig farm, im from farming stock in the uk so it isnt new to me,

and by the way ive worked in thailand too, i was operations manager in a fabrication workshop, but i was still away from our farm,

so if im going to be away i might as well earn 6x as much money as i was getting in thailand a month,

by the way our house is double block, keeps it cooler,

jake

shoot away my friend shoot away

• Like 1

Just take the Limousine service by the door. It used to be only 75 baht...and they can take you to the bus station on ring road...or the town bus station.....or the 3rd bus station. Yes ... there are 3. If you are going to Nong Khai, go to the bus station on Ring Road. A taxi might be only a tad higher, but faster, as no other people would be dropped off before you get there. It is only 10 minutes from the terminal . Offer 75 for a taxi but pay 100

and the video of the bus station

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpuqsw7bai4

Just take the Limousine service by the door. It used to be only 75 baht...and they can take you to the bus station on ring road...or the town bus station.....or the 3rd bus station. Yes ... there are 3. If you are going to Nong Khai, go to the bus station on Ring Road. A taxi might be only a tad higher, but faster, as no other people would be dropped off before you get there. It is only 10 minutes from the terminal . Offer 75 for a taxi but pay 100

and the video of the bus station

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpuqsw7bai4

Bus station #2 Ring Road..not far from the airport...if you are going to Nong Khai.

75-100 Taxi

Bus to Nong Khai used to be 50 baht..mayber now a bit more.

Wow. Is it really worth ones time to post on TV.

In my OP I asked a simple and non controversial question.

What is the cheapest way to get from Udon Thani airport to the bus station in town?

Only two posters, Tafia and slippery lobster had something constructive to add.

Pigeon Jake had a cheap shot at me about wanting to be frugal.

And the rest of the posts are just off topic space wasters.

Sigh...

• Like 1

Last April 2013 the only way to get from Udon Thani airport into town was by the Taxi marfia.

300Thb into town, no other way.

Going back from Udon to airport by Tok tok was 150Thb.

aussiep

No taxi mafia at Udon, No Taxi's operate from there - Not Allowed

Sorry, I always ignore the many touts at the exit door and walk to my car.

If I arrive Udon same day as you I might give you a free ride, but I am already here and have no immediate travel plans.

You will need to ask the touts tongue.png

The 'touts' are the mini bus shuttle operators you get your ticket from the desk 60 Baht into Town.

Wow. Is it really worth ones time to post on TV.

In my OP I asked a simple and non controversial question.

What is the cheapest way to get from Udon Thani airport to the bus station in town?

Only two posters, Tafia and slippery lobster had something constructive to add.

Pigeon Jake had a cheap shot at me about wanting to be frugal.

And the rest of the posts are just off topic space wasters.

Sigh...

Sorry that you missed my off-topic and space-wasting post...

I lived in Udon until 9 months ago. The 300 baht taxi (private car) is NOT the only choice but it is the fastest. Also anything outside the ring-road will be 300 + whatever number the driver pulls out of his arse or you manage to negotiate.
There are minibuses for about 60 baht but to get that fare, you wait until it is full or loaded up a few more passengers. Otherwise they will charge you 300 baht as a direct hire.
Make sure you get the Udon minibus as there's a few of them and most of them are headed for Nongkhai with visa runners and dodgy TEFL'ers.

As they say, 'up to you'