Taxi shot up in Lumpini Park after argument with protest guards: driver

webfact

Taxi shot up in Lumpini Park after argument with protest guards: driver
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Several gunshots were fired at a taxi early yesterday morning, resulting in the driver being slightly injured after a bullet fragment grazed his forehead.

Following the shooting report at Bangkok's Lumpini Park Gate 1 at about 2.45am, police found the orange taxi with all its windows smashed, two tyres flat and bullet holes in a front door.

The driver, Narasak Pulma, 30, waited for police at the scene but his passenger left before police arrived.

The driver was treated at Police General Hospital.

Narasak told police that he took a drunken man from the Rama II area to the park, where the customer wanted to pick up a prostitute.

He said that while the man and the sex worker were negotiating a price, anti-government protest guards shouted out from the park for the taxi to go away, so the passenger shouted abuse at the guards.

A firecracker went off and was followed by several gunshots.

Narasak said he and the passenger then ran from the taxi.

Police planned to check CCTV footage.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-10

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reported elsewhere that there is another side to that one.

It says that shots were fired from the rear seat of the taxi towards the protesters and someone returned fire.

The truth ? I don't know.

I'd like to read those other reports. Can you post the links? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

There are people out there who are quick to lose their cool when they feel they are part of some great historic moment and that they are the only true representatives of righteousness and justice.

Indeed, there are, whether it was the taxi passenger that initiated the subsequent exchange of gunfire or the guards, both of these groups no doubt feel they are in some great historic moment and on the true side of righteousness.

It says that shots were fired from the rear seat of the taxi towards the protesters and someone returned fire.

Again your feeble attempts to defend these defenseless actions by the protest guard.

!. the guards caused the confrontation, by attempting to order citizens to leave a public park!

2. The guards are not peaceful unarmed protesters.

3. the article stated when the gunshots started the occupations of the taxi ran, did a gun fire by itself from inside the Taxi.

Could you kindly, advise us to the other source you stated had a different version of the incident!

Cheers

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 2

I hope the taxi driver recovers from his injury with no lasting damage, and is able to return to driving his taxi soon.

These are the inevitable consequences of taking to the streets and demanding what is basically revolution, overthrow of a political system and kidnap of high level state persons etc. There are people out there who are quick to lose their cool when they feel they are part of some great historic moment and that they are the only true representatives of righteousness and justice. This is always the danger of taking politics away from the debating-floor and discussion-table, and onto the streets. It is a magnet for some very unstable violent extremist types who feel that "might is right" and words are superfluous. This of course applies to both sides of this directionless and grim factional squabble.

Well what you say should hold true but if you have been following this government from the time it took power you would know that there was no opposition allowed in Parliament.

The Opposition was powerless because the sitting government had the majority with out the support of any one else. Remember it was the grass roots people who started this it was not a company or another political party. The unity came after there was several groups out there protesting without a leader. Suthep came along and took the reins and brought them all together. The PTP now listen but it is to late. They have painted themselves into a corner from which they can not escape.

Lets face it when we have a PRIME MINISTER who does not condemn groups that support her for suggesting openly separation of the country and when she finally does it is done on Facebook only after the Army has taken steps to deal with this obviously illegal action. We have a government that is completely ineffective. They can not even pay their bills.

As for the shooting well as you can see there is another side to the story. Is it true will we ever know who knows.

The one thing that is consistent is the anti opposition leaders have had to hire their own guards as has been shown time and again the police will not protect them.

Who tells the police what to do? I am not talking about public ordering them I am talking about the real orders that they follow.

Just because they are not in power that makes it right to kill and hurt innocent people???????

Name one remember you are the one who said innocent not me.

Again your feeble attempts to defend these defenseless actions by the protest guard.

!. the guards caused the confrontation, by attempting to order citizens to leave a public park!

2. The guards are not peaceful unarmed protesters.

3. the article stated when the gunshots started the occupations of the taxi ran, did a gun fire by itself from inside the Taxi.

Could you kindly, advise us to the other source you stated had a different version of the incident!

Cheers

Try The Bangkok Post for a report.

This is Thailand,TiT.

You will never know the truth.

hahahahaha, the truth, Thailand cant handle the truth

• Like 1

Seems like a long way to go at 2am all pissed up looking for some action, surely around Rama 2 his needs could have been sorted? I would have fallen asleep by the time on got there...

My thoughts too.

Not only that but he should have known it was a potentially dangerous area.

Also other reports say that gunfire came from within the taxi first. if that is true then he wasn't so drunk after all.

TIT and we'll never know what to believe.

Seems like a long way to go at 2am all pissed up looking for some action, surely around Rama 2 his needs could have been sorted? I would have fallen asleep by the time on got there...

My thoughts too.

Not only that but he should have known it was a potentially dangerous area.

Also other reports say that gunfire came from within the taxi first. if that is true then he wasn't so drunk after all.

TIT and we'll never know what to believe.

yea the taxi driver upon hearing, take me to rama 4, wittayu at 2am right outside the protest area to pick up girl is either thick or....full of it.