Visa Run Report: Hua Hin to Kanchanaburi

Hi.

Sounds easy and hassle free.

I am on a Non O and married to Thai wife as well.

What paperwork is needed when doing this visa run?

Thanks

Phil

Only your passport is needed at Myanmar border crossings.

Kanchanaburi and Ranong are probably similar distances from Hua Hin

Are you for real??

Kan is about a little over 300 from Hua Hin and then up to the boarder in Kan about 100 odd kms or so.

So then, the total approx. would be 400 kms, whilst Ranong over 500 kms and more. Then having to catch the boat ????????????????????? kms and more.

Time is on your side, please use it well.

Win

Are you for real??

Kan is about a little over 300 from Hua Hin and then up to the boarder in Kan about 100 odd kms or so.

So then, the total approx. would be 400 kms, whilst Ranong over 500 kms and more. Then having to catch the boat ????????????????????? kms and more.

Win

Yeah its "for real" this is a very useful post and includes pictures. Why jump on the 400kms - 500kms the OP states that its much easier to Kanchanaburi several times. Well done for knowing the exact kms (if they are exact) but I think you might have missed the bigger picture here. This is a very useful and informative post.

Especially with the Garmin info. Brilliant thanks very much.

New Border Crossing In Kanchanaburi open for visa runs- Ban Phu Nam Ron Ban Phu Nam Ron. The GPS Coordinates are N 13.92140 E 99.06219.

The border crossing is about 190 km from Bangkok

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from quoted text

Are you for real??

Win

Apologies for my innacuracy in posting the correct distance to Kanchanaburi and Ranong from Hua Hin.

The main point of my post, which I think I made clear, was that the trip from Hua Hin to Kanchanaburi was much easier than the trip from HH to Ranong. It's a much easier drive and you don't have to mess about trying to get a boat over to Myanmar in Kanchaburi like you do in Ranong.

I also wanted to show people the state of the border on the Myanmar side which is why I took the photos. And now that a member has also provided GPS coordinates (which I didn't have when I made my trip), this thread now offers up a good but of info for anyone considering making the trip in the near future.

Guess there is no pleasing some people.

• Like 1

The processing at Ban Nam Phu Ron changed since my last crossing. The Myanmar side now take a photo using a webcam strategically oriented on a louvred window. I paid 900 baht to Thai immigration for the visa, photo copying and minibus. They filled in the arrival departure card and processed the exit. A minibus was provided to take me the 4 km to the Myanmar immigration office. About ten minutes at the office for them to process and take the photo. They were very considerate with the stamp space, using what space was left. Back on the minibus to Thai immigration who finished the entry process. All together about 1hour. They seem to process about 60 foreigners per day. On Sunday as was one of two people around 1 pm and had the minibus to myself.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Are you for real??

Win

Apologies for my innacuracy in posting the correct distance to Kanchanaburi and Ranong from Hua Hin.

The main point of my post, which I think I made clear, was that the trip from Hua Hin to Kanchanaburi was much easier than the trip from HH to Ranong. It's a much easier drive and you don't have to mess about trying to get a boat over to Myanmar in Kanchaburi like you do in Ranong.

I also wanted to show people the state of the border on the Myanmar side which is why I took the photos. And now that a member has also provided GPS coordinates (which I didn't have when I made my trip), this thread now offers up a good but of info for anyone considering making the trip in the near future.

Guess there is no pleasing some people.

Opps, I also have to Apologies for my inaccuracy

Kan Win

Kan is about a little over 300 from Hua Hin

No it is NOT. It is little over 200 from Hua Hin. Lets say 190 kms to Cha-am Beach from Kan Town (that I have done many a time) and then 25-30 to Hua Hin. This would make it approx.. depending where to start from Hua Hin about 230 kms.

As for the boarder crossing from Kan Town as has been posted approx. 70 kms.

Very sorry for my wrong, silly me for the typo.

Now that I have made my amends in this post, please visit Kan and stay for a night or more and enjoy the rivers (there are two by the way) and many other places in this third largest province in Thailand.

Welcome to Kan thumbsup.gif

From, The Land of Peace and Love wai.gif

Win

Edited by Kan Win

The processing at Ban Nam Phu Ron changed since my last crossing. The Myanmar side now take a photo using a webcam strategically oriented on a louvred window. I paid 900 baht to Thai immigration for the visa, photo copying and minibus. They filled in the arrival departure card and processed the exit. A minibus was provided to take me the 4 km to the Myanmar immigration office. About ten minutes at the office for them to process and take the photo. They were very considerate with the stamp space, using what space was left. Back on the minibus to Thai immigration who finished the entry process. All together about 1hour. They seem to process about 60 foreigners per day. On Sunday as was one of two people around 1 pm and had the minibus to myself.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

lol, it was still the web can carefully positioned on the window when I went two weeks ago! They still charged us 900 baht and filled in all the departure card for us, the only difference being we took our own car rather than go in the minibus

• 1 month later...

Hello, I'm new to this forum and new to Thailand :)

Me and my partner arrived in Thailand on the 30 day tourist visa exemption and are now staying in Hua Hin. We're now looking for the easiest (and cheapest) way to get the 60-day tourist visa. Can we use the Kanchanaburi crossing as well for this purpose? Thanks in advance for any replies!

Hello, I'm new to this forum and new to Thailand smile.png

Me and my partner arrived in Thailand on the 30 day tourist visa exemption and are now staying in Hua Hin. We're now looking for the easiest (and cheapest) way to get the 60-day tourist visa. Can we use the Kanchanaburi crossing as well for this purpose? Thanks in advance for any replies!

You would only get another visa exempt entry there that would be for 15 day entry or 30 days if from a G7 country.

From Hua Hin to get a tourist visa you would go to Penag Malaysia or Vientiane Laos. Vientiane does 2 entry visas.

• Like 1

Hello, I'm new to this forum and new to Thailand smile.png

You would only get another visa exempt entry there that would be for 15 day entry or 30 days if from a G7 country.

From Hua Hin to get a tourist visa you would go to Penag Malaysia or Vientiane Laos. Vientiane does 2 entry visas.

Thanks for your reply ubonjoe! I'm from the Netherlands and my partner is from Belgium. Both countries not being member of the G7 would only allow us the 15 days stamp... So it's Penang or Vientane then. I guess Penang is cheaper because you don't need a visa to enter Malaysia? Any advice on how to get to Penang? The price is more important than the time it'll take... Thanks again!

Just follow the sign to Ban Kao (http://www.kanchanaburi.co.uk/attraction_details.asp?AttractionID=143) on the 323 from Kan Town and turn left to there, to Ban Kao from the small traffic lights.

Follow this road the 3229 (AH123) (48kms later) just in front of Wat Phunamron Rattanakiri

Turn left at the sign post (photo below) 800 mtr later there you are, the Boarder Pass. 900 baht later, you have your days (15 or 30 days) to stay in Thailand.

post-3770-0-85190600-1398855175_thumb.jp

Win

Edited by Kan Win

'nuff said, on 30 Apr 2014 - 14:02, said:'nuff said, on 30 Apr 2014 - 14:02, said:'nuff said, on 30 Apr 2014 - 14:02, said:

Isn't the name really "Ban Phu Nam Ron"?

~

Thank you for your input and Kan you find it then on any of MAPs of Kan? facepalm.gif

Have you been there and done one?

Win w00t.gif

Edited by Kan Win

• 3 weeks later...

Ok cool. Thanks. So I dont need a pre-approved normal myanmar tourist visa? From what ive read im not really entering myanmar but staying in no mans land and they stamp me into myanmar but then send me back to Thailand. Is this right?

I dont want to arrive and they then say where is you myanmar visa and to then refuse entry etc.

Thank you

• 3 months later...

They just do a stamp in your passport in Myanmar, I remember in the North the guy took my passport and said I could go shopping a few hours and come back to pick up my passport before going back to Thailand.

I told him I was not interested to do shopping so he gave me my passport back and I went directly to Thailand.

Edited by Digitalnomade