Suthep's Bangkok home attacked with M79 grenades

webfact

Suthep’s Bangkok home was attacked with M79 grenades

suthep-111-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Perpetrators fired two M79 grenades into the home of the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) leader Suthep Thaugsuban at Thaweewattana district but missed and did not explode. The first grenade landed 30 meters off the house' s concrete wall and the second 30 metres from the first.

It was not immediately known the exact time of the firing but Thammasala station police investigation officer Pol Lt Col Channing Wongkunananya said residents living on Soi Buddhamonthon Sai 2 came across the first grenade on a ground about 30 metres from the concrete wall of Suthep’s house today.

The grenade was then covered by car tyres for safety reason after the guards at Suthep’s house were alerted.

A thorough search near the area also located a second unexploded M79 grenade about 30 metres from the first grenade.

Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) police arrived at the scene to retrieve the two grenades for disposal. They said the two grenades were fired from a nearby place at the house but did not explode.

Residents living nearby said they believed the grenades were fired from running vehicle on the elevated bridge about 400 metres from Suthep’s house.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/sutheps-bangkok-home-attacked-m79-grenades/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-10

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to stir the hornet's nest. Why give Mr. Suthep more fodder when it goes against the interim governments objective? This is very suspicious and while I am not an expert on this, I tend to believe this was done more to provoke Mr. Suthep and to intimidate him.

"The grenade was then covered by car tyres for safety reason"

Doesn't seem very safe to be placing a car tire on (what could've been) a live round, pity the kamikaze muppet who came up with that idea..

The red rouge can't aim those Vietnam era M 79's to save their lives, literally.

Now it was aimed at the opposition protest's leader, done again with outdated and black market weapons- despite which, we can wait about 5 or 10 minutes for some trollers to mention how this was deliberately set up.

Bottom line is the attempted scare isn't stopping anti shinanwatra sentiment, nor will this allow PTP to flourish with endless hired amateurs out to kill. the square faced man in Dubai should spend more time having his minions trained in Isreal if he wants to use precision with weapons. This silly behaviour is making the whole of PTP and their supporters look like the untrained, uncouth, uncivilized fools they really are.

"The red rouge..." laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pngblink.png

• Like 1

Naah I am waiting for the resident red shirts to suggest he arranged this himself for the publicity

Of course they will suggest Fake Red Shirts.....

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

could be anyone , pretty much the whole of thailand is against this nutcase.

Who's crazier in the nuthouse, the patients or the staff?

Having worked in such places, quite often the staff

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Who knows who and if anybody did what... anybody here...? naw Didn't think so.. we will never know who did what to whom...LOL but fun to read all the pointy fingers... anything for the cause eh?

Well, I think we can risk an educated guess that Suthep isn't attacking his own home with grenades.

Why don't you just come out and say "Yep, that one might have been the redshirts". You would get a lot more respect if you tried to be a little more neutral. Why do you want to be on the list of "people who only make pro-red posts on thaivisa"?

It's a pity because you sometimes have some interesting points to make.

• Like 1

Another one.

Explosives thrown at Politically affiliated PAD-Dems's, in this case calling themselves the PDRC.

And again, no-one injured.

I abhor and condemn these things when there are injuries or worse.

But also recognize the phoney attempt to both create havoc, and by virtue of who this is directed at, endeavour to create accusations against the pro-democracy forces.

Cheapy attempts at mayhem with no consequence, yet seeking to point the finger. The repetition and intent must be obvious to all.

• Like 1

Whats with all these attacks misfiring their targets. Either the attackers are seriously incompetent (possible) ... they are just trying to "scare" or "warn" their targets (more possible),.... or they are attempts at gaining sympathy (most likely).

Just curious, what you you be saying if these grenades landed in Yinglucks front yard?

• Like 2

Trying to stir the hornet's nest. Why give Mr. Suthep more fodder when it goes against the interim governments objective? This is very suspicious and while I am not an expert on this, I tend to believe this was done more to provoke Mr. Suthep and to intimidate him.

Having grenades fired at your own home as a form of promotion???

I hardly believe anyone would have grenades fired at their own homes.....whether they detonate or not...!!