Geriatric Tattoos

tutsiwarrior

I'm gonna be 56 y.o. soon an' I always wanted to get a tat...not just some little emblem but like twin dragons coming down the arms...or a landscape on my back. I've noticed that the skin on my arms is sagging a bit these days, but not to the extent that a tat could not be supported without embarrasment...for the next few years...

Forum brethern...has anyone had a tat when over 50 y.o.?...old enough to know better, perhaps but wild enough in de haid to say 'fuggit...lets do it'...any distortions to the image regarding old and sagging skin?

I would select the design carefully...I have a low pain threshehold and would carry a litre thermos of vodka to ease the pain. We're not talking about a 'gettin' drunk and gettin' a tat' scenario here...the activity shall be with all true deliberation...

help ol' tutsi out...

I got my first scratch at 16yrs old.My second for my 50th birthday.Then a few more,all can be hidden from inspection by Gov officals(customs etc.).Go for it I never regretted any.I notice people don't bother me when they see the tats. :o:D:D:D

Dr. Pepper...whats the worst that can happen? Maybe a failure of the thermos during the procedure?

Hepatitis

HIV

Septicaemia

To name just a few :D

Get new throw away needles,some people worry about everything.I feel sorry for them.Do it!!!!!!! :o:D:D

I'm gonna be 56 y.o. soon an' I always wanted to get a tat...not just some little emblem but like twin dragons coming down the arms...or a landscape on my back. I've noticed that the skin on my arms is sagging a bit these days, but not to the extent that a tat could not be supported without embarrasment...for the next few years...

help ol' tutsi out...

Have the artist intentionally exaggerate the the height of the design. Then, as you sag more....the image itself becomes more normal.

.....jus a thought

If you get them over 50 they don't sag and the color lasts longer.Been there done that.I have a great dragon! :o:D:D:D

You may want one dragon on the chest , others may want one dragon on the back .. My wife wishes I had ''one" dragon on the floor .

my thai brother-in-law has an incomplete tiger tat on his chest...turns out that he was in prison when the tat started and he fugadaboutit when he was released. My wife is strictly against tats...she worked in a bar before but views them as vulgar...

the thing about tats, in my view, is that they should be magnificent and not covered up, proudly displayed...this does not go down well with 'managers' as when you close in on the higher parts of the food train...tats display a different way ob lookin' at the world...the shitty little aspirant with no other credit but that he comes into work on time shall always have an advantage over someone with tats...

granted that I would not be getting a tat in full view that folks could misjudge my technical abilities when I need their approval to keep on keepin' on...getting a big tat on the back can either be a triumph or a severe compromise...

it's just sumpim' that I always thought about, even more so now in my decline,...tats can be seen as a metaphor for independance and freedom(whatever the 'free' configuration may be)...

thanks to all for your observations

tutsi, I have an idea pal. how about 2 tats; 1 of the image of a tin of da cope, and another w/da image of da bud label. now dat is sumthin I'd even consider

yo' mama (wid respec')

de whole idea is about freedom ob expression...we are necessarily constrained by adoptin' product labels on our foreskin...

some years ago I saw a fool wid de image ob de zig zag man on his arm...ah say he's a fool...