Thinking Of Moving To Thailand

Seriously you can teach in Japan save money have time for your self ,learn about a great culture and great people.

work maybe 4-6 hours a day

wage $2500 per month

you can save money on that to travel to Thailand Cambodia Laos China etc

Some people want to be in a certain place full-time. Working somewhere you don't want to be just so you can have a holiday in the place you want to be is no way to live your life. I could earn more money elsewhere and come to travel to Thailand. But I'd rather have less money and live here full-time. While money is important, it's not the most important thing in life.

basically what i was saying is Japan is way way way ahead of The countries mentioned in a cultural experience of Asia and he/she wants one can work a limited amount of time to save money as well as enjoying the experience of Japan then go to other Asian countries as a side trip,,,or even around Japan for that matter as you would have plenty of holidays.

its a total myth that japan is way more expensive than most places...in fact i find Thailand very expensive for what you get and i have been travelling living in Asia for over 26 years

Personally i landed in Japan with 50 quid worked about 1 hour a day and lived for 9 months there,,,,so money has never been the most important aspect of my life ever...i normally just have enough to get into the country and take it from there.

I was offering advise for someone who is asking questions and advise ,which is fine rather than the free spirit go with the flow see what happens man type of person.......in my later years after being on the road for over 30 odd years i unfortunately am more of the former than latter so i was offering advise based on the question asked........Japanese as a language is also easier to learn in the beginning than Thai Vietnamese or lao....plus you could easily take your dogs there and get them out when you wanted...could even work in a cat cafe oe open a dog cafe for that matter haha

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously you can teach in Japan save money have time for your self ,learn about a great culture and great people.

work maybe 4-6 hours a day

wage $2500 per month

you can save money on that to travel to Thailand Cambodia Laos China etc

I've been thinking of visiting Japan recently, have never been though so it never occured to me. Plus I did assume it was a very expensive place to live, I'll look into it thanks.

Apart from Teaching what other jobs would you consider ,,what are your hobbies and interests and then maybe i can point you in the right direction to be in a place happy and getting fulfillment and not a part of the rat race as such.

Ideally I would like a job working towards animal welfare, I'm fed up with rude customers and would far rather work with animals!

Aside from that I have a degree in Film so something in that industry would be nice but sadly almost impossible to get into.

Apart from Teaching what other jobs would you consider ,,what are your hobbies and interests and then maybe i can point you in the right direction to be in a place happy and getting fulfillment and not a part of the rat race as such.

Ideally I would like a job working towards animal welfare, I'm fed up with rude customers and would far rather work with animals!

Aside from that I have a degree in Film so something in that industry would be nice but sadly almost impossible to get into.

do you know how to shoot a video....lots of work blogging doing travel documentaries etc

CM is a hub for young minded people to get knowledge on how to be successful travelling and working on line and yes i have seen posts for people with knowledge of film making needed.

Animal rights is a underground hot topic out here as well and you could get involved with both animals and film if you meet up with the right people.

There is a movement of people here pacific and active activists here and all over the world who could possibly be what you are looking for .

All i am saying is you have to take the first step and be here then you can possibly meet thr right people who will help you

Many people go to Japan to first work as a Teacher till they have enough contacts to do what they want to do

Depending on their visa it is usually easier to do a variety of things in japan rather than Thailand.

Get into the back packing mentality and your experience and money will go further

post your question on i love chiang mai or chiang mai couch surfing

how about farming or environmental studies have you thought anything about that

caring about animals also means caring about nature and yourself

can defo point you in the right direction on these topics

Hi Oliver I did a TEFL course in Phuket in the South and am now in Bangkok. From a price and cost of living point of view the South is more expensive than Bangkok. For example getting a tuk tuk in Patong (a tourist hot spot) would cost around 200 baht. To catch an air conditioned taxi in Bangkok for the same distance would be around 85 baht. I have not worked in the South but I was told by someone who worked there that they pay more. But islands like Phuket for example are very competitive in terms of getting a job. Make sure you have more than 6 months left on your passport and make sure you have the right visa before you leave. It's tempting to get on the first plane to Thailand and think "I'll sort it out when I get there" and you can but new place, different language and working out where to go to do what can be demanding. But all that aside you will absolutely love Thailand. I say to anyone that is thinking of moving to Thailand, don't think about it, do it. Good luck. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Very strict quarantine laws for pets to enter Japan. If you're going there, you really can't take your dogs with you. I know because I would already be living there if I didn't have dogs.

Well that puts that idea out the window then! Thanks for letting me know.

Gah my work colleague has just come back from Thailand and listening to him talk just makes me want to go back!

I've been looking through the jobs on Ajarn and it is suprising how many are only offering 30,000 a month so I think this is one factor I really have to investigate as to if I could survive on that money.

*sigh* I just want a stress free life!

Edited by Ojivar
  • Like 1

Very strict quarantine laws for pets to enter Japan. If you're going there, you really can't take your dogs with you. I know because I would already be living there if I didn't have dogs.

Gah my work colleague has just come back from Thailand and listening to him talk just makes me want to go back!

I've been looking through the jobs on Ajarn and it is suprising how many are only offering 30,000 a month so I think this is one factor I really have to investigate as to if I could survive on that money.

go to Yunnan then to learn qigong then possibly you will be able to handle stress.... a stress free life does not exist but what does exist is how to handle or react to stress......its nonsense that you cant take a dog into japan.....yes the laws are strict as you would expect them to be but it can be done..... from the UK at least.

go to Yunnan then to learn qigong then possibly you will be able to handle stress.... a stress free life does not exist but what does exist is how to handle or react to stress......its nonsense that you cant take a dog into japan.....yes the laws are strict as you would expect them to be but it can be done..... from the UK at least.

From Europe to Japan is not that difficult, because Europe falls into the no-rabies zone, like Japan. It's different from other places. It's not impossible, but your dogs will have to go into quarantine (which you have to pay for). I don't know for how long, but I think it's 30 days? You might be able to avoid quarantine with the proper rabies serological test, which is not cheap. I'm getting my dogs tested now so I can bring them into Europe (it's the same test) and it costs 500 US Dollars per dog.

From Europe to Japan is not that difficult, because Europe falls into the no-rabies zone, like Japan. It's different from other places. It's not impossible, but your dogs will have to go into quarantine (which you have to pay for). I don't know for how long, but I think it's 30 days? You might be able to avoid quarantine with the proper rabies serological test, which is not cheap. I'm getting my dogs tested now so I can bring them into Europe (it's the same test) and it costs 500 US Dollars per dog.

The question is from the UK .From the Uk if you follow all the advise giving your dog does not have to spend any days in quarantine,,but yes you have to be organised and do exactly what the japanese authorities tell you to do in the time frame they state.

Japan seems over official sometimes but in the case of rabies it is free and that is because of their efficient ways of doing things .I will try to post the link up that tells you exactly how to get pets into japan from the UK