One year visa?

kizz06

To the best of my knowledge, I have not seen the paperwork, but I trust the Gent involved.

My friends Father, 80+, came out on a Double 3 month visa.

I am assured that a local Thai lawyer was able to do the necessary Paperwork and now my friend's father has a 12 month retirement visa.

john

This

Sent from my LG-P715 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A scam - likely not

Illegal - yes, given that funds most likely have not been lodged in passport holders bank account for the appropriate time.

In saying that I know many foreigners who have used similar services and seem quite happy with their one year extension.

This

A scam - likely not

Illegal - yes, given that funds most likely have not been lodged in passport holders bank account for the appropriate time.

In saying that I know many foreigners who have used similar services and seem quite happy with their one year extension.

I know foreigners who have done it with no help what so ever. They just go into their conciliate or Embassy and say I am making this much money every month. Some have the false papers to prove it and some like the Americans don't even need them just say I am receiving the equivalent of 65,000 baht a month.

I wonder how close the papers are examined from the countries that require the proof.

I don't know but are those just scams schemes where they deposit the required amount of money in the bank for you at a high rate of interest and you wait the required two months I believe it is.

that looks exactly like an ad placed on many FB CM pages... the person who places the ads on FB has been banned from just about

every group (secondhand CM, I love CM, etc)... for a variety of different reasons... some claiming he did not provide services as stated,

other sites banned him just cuz of his personal "style" , for lack of a better, non-liable phrase...

as the saying goes... protect yourself at all times ....

• Like 1

This

A scam - likely not

I know foreigners who have done it with no help what so ever. They just go into their conciliate or Embassy and say I am making this much money every month. Some have the false papers to prove it and some like the Americans don't even need them just say I am receiving the equivalent of 65,000 baht a month.

I wonder how close the papers are examined from the countries that require the proof.

I don't know but are those just scams schemes where they deposit the required amount of money in the bank for you at a high rate of interest and you wait the required two months I believe it is.

"...and some like the Americans don't even need them just say I am receiving the equivalent of 65,000 baht a month."

Actually we're swearing that the information written on the affidavit is true. I realize that isn't an insurmountable hurdle for many of the fine people who contribute to these threads, but many of us do write the amount we legitimately receive and have properly documented proof of it. Some of us hand in that documented proof with our extension of stay application.

Clearly some people find it unfair that the American government considers its citizens, rightly or wrongly, to be adults who are assumed to be honest until proven otherwise. Quite often these posters are driven to writing petulant messages on Thai Visa that border on childish sulks over this disparity in the way they are treated compared to "some like the Americans." On the other hand, if your embassy views you with suspicion and automatically assumes that you're going to lie through your teeth given half a chance, it might be better if you were to target your hissy-fit at them.

notfair_graphic256.jpg

• Like 1

This

A scam - likely not

"...and some like the Americans don't even need them just say I am receiving the equivalent of 65,000 baht a month."

Actually we're swearing that the information written on the affidavit is true. I realize that isn't an insurmountable hurdle for many of the fine people who contribute to these threads, but many of us do write the amount we legitimately receive and have properly documented proof of it. Some of us hand in that documented proof with our extension of stay application.

Clearly some people find it unfair that the American government considers its citizens, rightly or wrongly, to be adults who are assumed to be honest until proven otherwise. Quite often these posters are driven to writing petulant messages on Thai Visa that border on childish sulks over this disparity in the way they are treated compared to "some like the Americans." On the other hand, if your embassy views you with suspicion and automatically assumes that you're going to lie through your teeth given half a chance, it might be better if you were to target your hissy-fit at them.

notfair_graphic256.jpg

Good one. I always take my documentation of proof with me and have yet to be asked for it. Once I tried to show it to the Thai immigration and they were not even interested. Never the less I always take it with me.

I have a little bit of a different take on the American not requiring proof. I wonder why the immigration knows this and don't ask for the proof them selves. I have no way of proving it but I believe most of us are honest that is why I said some.

On the other hand it didn't take me long to know don't question them just go with the flow and be prepared if they ask for the proof.