PCX 150cc battery problems

I have a PCX 150cc with battery/charging problem

When I dont use the bike for a few days or 1 week the battery is dead.

I changed the battery a few times now so know its not a dud battery

Seems like the bike is not charging the battery, what say ye?

Shop tell me no alternator on the PCX its all in the ECU Box ??

On crankshaft end there are normally three coils, one for lights, one for ignition, and one for battery charging.

Possibly only two with EFI - battery charging and ignition (ECU)

So, no alternator per se.

Edited by seedy

So, no alternator per se.

Of course there is an alternator, otherwise there would be no electricity generation. If the PCX has the latest ESP, alternator and starter motor are in one part.

What they likely meant, is that there is no regulator, it is embedded in the ECU.

All that said, the faulty alternator theory does not hold water, reason is if the bike starts after being driven but not after few days, during these the charging circuit has not been used at all is not at fault.

What there is current leakage to ground, leading to slow discharge. That can be virtually in any electrical part or wiring, and can be true hell to find even for an experienced person.

Proof: stop bike, disconnect battery, wait few days, reconnect and bike will start fine.

Edited by paz

I meant a stand alone one.

Again: alternator is there, in one part with stator (that is, the static part of a starter motor)

adoption of an electronically controlled ACG starter, which not only serves as a self-starter motor but also generates electricity, enabled the conventional self-starter motor and gears related to the starting system to be eliminated, making the system lightweight and compact.

http://world.honda.com/SH125i-SH150i/power/index.html

NOT embedded with ECU, that stands for Electronic Control Unit.

its should be a warranty issue anyway anyway ,3 years for the bike and 5 years for the engine is stamped on my owners manual ?

i would make honda fix it

its 30k more expensive than other scooters so you should at least exect to get one that works

mine is on the first battery and its a first gen pcx 125 cc ,still starts runs like new after near 20k btw

Edited by speedtripler