Thai Non Imm O for retirement in Penang

I'm wanting to travel to Penang to get a Non Imm O visa then return to Thailand and convert into a 1 year retirement visa, is this possible and what documents do I require? I am a UK passport holder, aged over 50 with the required 800K in a Thai bank for over 3 months.

I've had a look around the forum and not seen anything specific, if anyone has links please post.

Thanks

OTR

All you need is your passport to prove you are 50 or over and an application form to get a single entry non-o visa.

You will then apply for an extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon retirement at immigration during the last 30 day of your 90 day entry..

You could also do a conversion from a tourist visa or visa exempt entry to an a non immigrant visa entry at immigration as long as you have 15 days remaining on your entry and 800k baht in the bank.

All you need is your passport to prove you are 50 or over and an application form to get a single entry non-o visa.

You will then apply for an extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon retirement at immigration during the last 30 day of your 90 day entry..

You could also do a conversion from a tourist visa or visa exempt entry to an a non immigrant visa entry at immigration as long as you have 15 days remaining on your entry and 800k baht in the bank.

Thanks mate, I'll head along to Hua Hin immigration this afternoon to see what they say.

You will need a letter from the bank to confirm your bank balance and one confirming the funds came from abroad (if required).

Duly completed yesterday in around one hour.

90 day non imm O visa + 1 year multiple entry so I'm good until June 2015 total cost THB7,700

Thanks for the above advice, I wasn't aware everything could be done in Thailand.

It seems they did everything in one trip. Glad it all worked out.

That is good news for people in Hua Hin that have the money in the bank long enough or are doing it based upon income or a combination of the 2.