Resort with amazing mountain view

Mitchai

Hi there,

I'm teying to find a resort in northern thailand, not too far away from chiang mai (150 km).

The resort needs to have amazing surroundings, nature and the mountain view. The mountain view is not a resort in Pai from where you can see a mountain. I'm thinking of a resort that is located on the side of a mountain with a view of valley, nature and blue skyes.

Do anyone here know of such a place here?

Looking forward to hear from you guys.

Best regards

Mikkel

Hi Mikkel,

Try the resorts along the Samoeng Loop, heading out in a clockwise direction, i.e. not Mae Rim. There are loads of them, and you'll still be near CM city, yet you feel like you're a million miles away. Perhaps the first place you will come along will be Lanna Resort. I sometimes go there for breakfast. It's incredibly tranquil and set right back off the road. It really is beautiful. But if you want something higher up looking down, just keep driving in to the loop and check out anything that catches you eye along the way.

Hope that helps.

Stubby

My wife's family owns a nice small resort in the way to Chang Kon and Chiang Rai. See the picture. Have 10 cabins with AC facing the mountains and a rice field. Price about 400THB/night. May be too far from you, but is in the way to the Puchipha Mountain and Chiang Khon (border with Laos)

For higher budget, and just one hour from Chiang Mai www.lampangriverlodge.com by the river with a beautiful garden and swimming pool, nice restaurant, few minutes from Lampang.

An area I will explore someday, very close to Chiang Mai is Chiang Dao. On the way to the caves. Beautiful mountain area with beautiful resorts, but I do not know its names. post-201463-0-49157900-1394597983_thumb.

Thank you all for your replies so far.

The best one so far i will say is Panviman resort, recommended by "Wales01". That place has some nice views, and looks like it is located on the side of a mountain.

But, it's okay if the place is a bit further from Chiang Mai.

I'm going to Mae Ngat Dam for 2 nights, and after that i would like to continue my trip further north, to some very nice resort on a mountain side, with a view of a nice valley and nature.

Just keep your suggestions coming if you have some more nice places you will recommend, the more the better :)

And again, thank you all so far.

Best regards

Mikkel

Hi, when are you doing your trip? From home I have a beautiful view on the mountains (chiang dao) but not now... Visibility at about 300 meters. Started one week ago. Just hope it won't last too long.

Enjoy your trip

I'm planning to go just after songkran. I acutally haven't thought about the visibility during this season :(

I hope it will clear up a bit around that time, but properly just get worse.

// Mikkel

A little bit further than 150k from CM is our favorite escape from the heat and pollution is Doi Angkhan at 4,000+ft in elevation. Any lower and guaranteed you won't be able to see more than a few hundred meters. Beautiful gardens, mountain views, and fresh cool weather fruits and veges.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...