McDonald's Thai says it filed police complaint over cockroach claim

webfact

McDonald’s Thai says it filed police complaint over cockroach claim
By Coconuts Bangkok

mcd_0.jpg

BANGKOK: -- After a photo purporting to show a cockroach inside one of its sundaes went viral recently, McDonald’s Thai has sort of responded with a lot of corporate speak and a vague threat.

In McDonald’s Thai’s representative’s response’s wording, the company never actually says there wasn’t a roach in the sundae nor denies it was the source of the roach in question. It does however cast doubt on Facebook user Witchy Amy’s story.

"McThai has inspected the transaction of user ‘Witchy Amy’ and found she bought an ice-cream from McDonald's, Major Cineplex Pinklao branch, on Saturday at 2:37pm.

The customer did not eat at the restaurant and came back 4:42pm, two hours after she had taken the ice-cream out of McDonald's." [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/03/12/mcdonalds-thai-says-it-filed-police-complaint-over-cockroach-claim

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-03-12

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go for it McD's................thumbsup.gif

Don't see the issue here....is McD's getting into the street food fast food business ?.....

Don't know how well fried cockroach flavoured ice cream will go down, but how's about cricket burgers, scorpion fries, etc

• Like 1

About 3 years ago I had a bug in the salad of the burger I bought at the same McDonald's. They replaced the burger (minus the bug)

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Do you have a beard ?....................laugh.png

• Like 2

As she was at a Cineplex, and returned 2 hours after buying an ice-cream, it's certainly possible she went to watch a movie. Bought the ice-cream before going in with the intention of eating it while watching the film, found the cockroach, but watched the end of the movie before taking it back to complain.

Just a thought, it obviously needs investigating, but it is plausible.

Maybe they listen to what Mc has to say, but they don't even know what its all about.

Sure there was no cockroach in that ice cream, if yes, there woul be a complain within a few minutes.... not after 3 hours.

Get that complainer to interrogate him/her and if this is a scam , fine and punish them so they never try to do this again.

Once you leave the store with prepared food without checking it, who's to say the food wasn't contaminated by the customer later. in this case the customer retuns 2 HOURS later for an ice cream sundae? That is suspicious.

And all this due to the fact it happened in Mc D's. People never know what they are eating, If you had to see some of the 5* restaurant kitchens ive come accross in the past you would be very very shocked. Not in any way sticking up for Mc D's.

You'll be OK if you stick to the two golden rules.

Never, ever be rude to a waiter or waitress and don't ask to inspect the kitchens AFTER you've eaten your meal.

In most cases, I'd say McDonalds screwed up and that they should have apologized and given her a free sundae... but I guess that would mean they admitted that the problem was theirs....

Only in Thailand where the country is full of DISHONEST people trying to rip other people off [i.e., Yingluck, Thaksin], do I understand McDonald's action.... if Yingluck and politicians can LIE and DECEIVE people... then it is no wonder that Thai citizens do the same....

Plaudits to McDonalds, in this case, for stepping up and calling a liar a liar!!!

• Like 1

And all this due to the fact it happened in Mc D's. People never know what they are eating, If you had to see some of the 5* restaurant kitchens ive come accross in the past you would be very very shocked. Not in any way sticking up for Mc D's.

You'll be OK if you stick to the two golden rules.

Never, ever be rude to a waiter or waitress and don't ask to inspect the kitchens AFTER you've eaten your meal.

BEFORE

Ah yeh, what do they expect now at "Plastic Macs", perhaps a Thai Police SWAT Team to descend upon their hamburger joints just prior to every meal time and BLAST the Roaches?

Mc.Roach; Mc Rat BETTER BEWARE!!!

Maybe she took the ice-cream to the toilet. That`s normal in Thailand, eating in the toilet is as normal as not cleaning your hand after a visit to toilet. I`ve seen hundreds of times they are eating in the toilet.

Mai pen rai.wai2.gif