can I bring tea bags in my luggage?

philjan

I brought tea leaves in my checked baggage from America. TSA busted the (TSA approved) lock (then discarded it), dumped everything out, smashed one of my XBOX 360 game cases & shoved everything back in; shirts all waded up. Guess it depends where you fly out from.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The TSA sould be contacted by you and you should complain till your voice gives out! The TSA are idiots and would not know a bomb if it were ticking and marked! They are there for nothing more than a deterant; a uniformed person that is supposed to look official. I have known people to get through the security check points with all sorts of things that they are not supposed to have on board. X-Rays have to be read by someone not looking at hundreds an hour to the point where they wouldn't be able to spot a corps let alone anything else.

Body scanners are a different story. But as far as Tea Bags are concerned bring lots! No problem. If they are just the leaves that too is no problem. But I would suggest that if your bag was rifled through it was not the TSA or Customs necessarily. Theft by luggage handlers is common place everywhere. The discarded TSA approved lock is perhaps evidence of that.

But talk to the airline and complain that your belongings were damaged while in their care. It is up to them anyway to resolve the issue. The TSA have trouble remembering what day it is!

If you get stopped by customs just tell them you bought them with your 'Tea Money', they'll give you a knowing nod and wave you through. Joking aside, my suitcase is like a mini convenience store. I bring in Tetley tea bags, Daddies sauce, Bisto gravy granules, Cadbury's chocolate and usually about 10lbs of mature English cheddar. I've never had my luggage searched here, and yet flying into the UK I've had my suitcase turned inside out a few times, usually when I've been the last one out of the baggage hall.

Talking about entering Australia with foodstuffs.My wife and I came back to Australia from a trip to England. We brought some good old "Marrowfat " peas. We declared them and they confiscated them, their excuse that they were seeds. I told then we were going to eat them but they still took them from us. A few years later I was visiting my son who lives in Melbourne and he mentioned they had a "Harry Ramsdens" fish shop.in Melbourne. So one night we went for a meal and on the menu they had 'Marriowfat 'peas. When I returned to my home state in Australia I telephoned the customs and inquired why I could buy the 'Marrowfat' peas in the restaurant but could not bring some into Australia myself? their answer ........... They have a import licence. I just wonder how much products gets confiscated and finds it's way into the custom's officers homes?? I bought a bottle of Thai whisky in Thailand at the retail price and when I made a trip back to Australia ( Including a bottle of duty free} they said they would have to confiscate all of my duty free goods or pay tax on everything. Since then I do not give them the pleasure of getting any money or anything else out of me . As far as I am concerned they are just there to make as much money as they can.

I brought tea leaves in my checked baggage from America. TSA busted the (TSA approved) lock (then discarded it), dumped everything out, smashed one of my XBOX 360 game cases & shoved everything back in; shirts all waded up. Guess it depends where you fly out from.

The TSA sould be contacted by you and you should complain till your voice gives out! The TSA are idiots and would not know a bomb if it were ticking and marked! They are there for nothing more than a deterant; a uniformed person that is supposed to look official. I have known people to get through the security check points with all sorts of things that they are not supposed to have on board. X-Rays have to be read by someone not looking at hundreds an hour to the point where they wouldn't be able to spot a corps let alone anything else.

Body scanners are a different story. But as far as Tea Bags are concerned bring lots! No problem. If they are just the leaves that too is no problem. But I would suggest that if your bag was rifled through it was not the TSA or Customs necessarily. Theft by luggage handlers is common place everywhere. The discarded TSA approved lock is perhaps evidence of that.

But talk to the airline and complain that your belongings were damaged while in their care. It is up to them anyway to resolve the issue. The TSA have trouble remembering what day it is!

The TSA put their well known Card in the bag on the top of the pillaged. No phone number, just a website & with all US Gov websites, emails, complaints go either unanswered or answered from someone in India whom will dictate a pointless script.

The TSA, like Homeland Security are just bureaucracies created just as a means to funnel tax payers monies thru & justifying the higher spending. Not necessarily a deterrent but the progress of Big Government. The domino effect of Bush/Obama of which the two the end goal is the same.

Talking about entering Australia with foodstuffs.My wife and I came back to Australia from a trip to England. We brought some good old "Marrowfat " peas. We declared them and they confiscated them, their excuse that they were seeds. I told then we were going to eat them but they still took them from us. A few years later I was visiting my son who lives in Melbourne and he mentioned they had a "Harry Ramsdens" fish shop.in Melbourne. So one night we went for a meal and on the menu they had 'Marriowfat 'peas. When I returned to my home state in Australia I telephoned the customs and inquired why I could buy the 'Marrowfat' peas in the restaurant but could not bring some into Australia myself? their answer ........... They have a import licence. I just wonder how much products gets confiscated and finds it's way into the custom's officers homes?? I bought a bottle of Thai whisky in Thailand at the retail price and when I made a trip back to Australia ( Including a bottle of duty free} they said they would have to confiscate all of my duty free goods or pay tax on everything. Since then I do not give them the pleasure of getting any money or anything else out of me . As far as I am concerned they are just there to make as much money as they can.

Yes, I can see the customs officials fighting over whose going to take your marrowfat peas home.

You obviously brought in too much alcohol and either had to dispose of it or pay duty on it, the same

as everyone else.

I don't know what you're really complaining about.