Gun favorites & sport

Another month & I can liberate my guns from storage.

But, to all gun lovers, as fun per this forum...if you had one choice, which would you choose? Also per say weapon, what distance (meters), caliber & what target (animals & stationary only). Kaw Jai Mai, you get only one weapon. 50 cals excluded. Also only guns available legally in whichever country.

I'm personal to lever action but accept a Remington .308 Bolt Action, using standard sights for a deer kill @ 60 meters (know that's not far but realistic)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Why do you want to bring guns from another counrty why do you want to shoot things ! ! ! you are from OZ going buy your handle so am I go back to the back of Bourke and shoot your guns don't bring them here.

Better still don't tell everyone on TVF all the details about YOUR guns.....keep it to yourself......better still leave your guns at home......enough enough guns and shooting in this world without you asking telling what how you like to shoot.....better hope it's not you you in someones sight someday I HOPE NOT....

The OP did state he was American, there is more of a gun culture there and I believe its a constitutional right to have one.

It is also considered a sport, even had an event in the Olympics.

Each to their own, some like collecting butterflies, some like watching birds, some like guns, or fast cars or whatever.

Thailand is very much a "live and let live" attitude which is why so many love it here, the freedom.

Enjoy your guns, use them responsibly and stay safe. Not my thing but I dont knock others enjoyment.

Shouldn't this be in the Sports section, with all the other huntin' shootin' fishin' threads?

I'm a bit disappointed there have been so few ferreting threads lately; I guess there's not many here now enjoy taking the ferret for a walk

SC

Foreigners can't legally have guns in Thailand in the first place, so it's a mute point. Only exception is by diplomatic reasons, military exercises, etc. Literally impossible to get approval to posses a gun in Thailand. Penalties for it can be extreme. Just opens up the illegal trade aspect of having one here. As a competition shooter at one time, it is a fun hobby. Although it would be nice to be able to defend ones self in certain situations and locations.

Why do you want to bring guns from another counrty why do you want to shoot things ! ! ! you are from OZ going buy your handle so am I go back to the back of Bourke and shoot your guns don't bring them here.

Better still don't tell everyone on TVF all the details about YOUR guns.....keep it to yourself......better still leave your guns at home......enough enough guns and shooting in this world without you asking telling what how you like to shoot.....better hope it's not you you in someones sight someday I HOPE NOT....

Shooting is a sport like any other sport it is in the Olympic games as a sport I shot for over 30 years before coming to Thailand and competed with many different people from all walks of life labours, professionals, doctors, lawyers, politicians and police, we all had one thing in common the love of the sport shooting, our guns were regarded as sporting equipment not killing machines, we referred to them as firearms not weapons.

I have hunted to eradicate vermin and also to eat, no different from a fisherman who eats his catch. Hunters always try for a one shot kill this is more humane than the way they are killed for your consumption from the butchers shops, all lined up watching the beast getting killed in front of it

• 1 month later...

So I am confused here. If foreigners are not allowed to have guns here in Thailand then why is posting about them OK and not covered by the TV rules about not discussing illegal activity

And really OP, why pick a user name that indicates you are from Australia if in fact you are an American facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif

• Like 1

Rifles and shotguns are used as are tools (by plumbers, carpenters, etc) by most owners. Target shooting, bird hunting, big game, small game, etc normally determine which firearm is wanted/desired.

The 470 is considered a good all around rifle to some, others want a 600

In the US more deer are killed with a 30/30 than any other caliber

But there are many who feel big is better 7 MM mag or 300 mag

Indoor target shooting is normally with a 22 caliber, due to cost, etc

The real hard core load their own ammo depending on what they will be hunting, others just use off the shelf ammo, Then there are some that still use black powder, Its looked at as a sport by most, just as others consider archery judo, baseball soccer/football.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Foreigners can't legally have guns in Thailand in the first place, so it's a mute point. Only exception is by diplomatic reasons, military exercises, etc. Literally impossible to get approval to posses a gun in Thailand. Penalties for it can be extreme. Just opens up the illegal trade aspect of having one here. As a competition shooter at one time, it is a fun hobby. Although it would be nice to be able to defend ones self in certain situations and locations.

Sorry, total misinformation. Foreigners can legally own guns in Thailand. Granted, not all, but it can easily be done to obtain a gun licence here.

For further reference:

http://www.thailawforum.com/database1/thailand-gun-law.html

Another month & I can liberate my guns from storage.

Since the law starts out with :Under Thai law, it is mandatory for all individuals to obtain authorization prior to the possession, manufacturing, using, selling, purchase, ordering, and importation of firearms

It seems to me that the OP is already in violation of the law based upon the quoted first sentence of his post

for self defence around the home id have to be a 9mm like a glock or something like that

which has a large capacity magazine

for fun shooting beer cans in the garden a colt 45 is a bit more fun .......for a man anyway (might be a bit heavy for girls )

for emergency war declaration id take a steyr aug ,ar-15 or a good ol ak-47.....but im sure theyre are more newer versions by now since its 10+ years since ive had to work with weapons

ive always wanted a long range sniper rifle but outside places like texas or somewhere in murica id imagine its near impossible to legally own one :D