Resentment

Neeranam

Can anyone tell me the best Thai word, or phrase for the kind of resentment that drives one crazy.

You know for example the boss who blamed you for something that was his fault and you can't et any sleep wondering how you can get revenge. The feeling that is very hard to go away and every moment of the day you are thinking about if hiring a hitman is morally wrong :D

ความพอใจ ?

ความโกรธ ?

ความขุ่นข้อง ?

คั่งแค้น ?

ความคับแค้นใจ ?

:o

Edited by Neeranam

• 3 weeks later...

Jeb Jai (เจ็บใจ) could be another good expression. You hurt at the heart (and not by falling in love but by being deceived or faulted for something you have nothing to do with. When someone jeb jai, he/she is likely to find a way to take revenge.

There is a popular song that has this word in it. It's the title song for the TV show "Pu cha na sib tid" (Conqueror of 10 directions), about Ja-ded, the legendary Burmese warrior.

"Jebjai Konrak don ranggae. Ka ja paw mueng prae hai man wod wai"

"เจ็บใจ คนรักโดนรังแก ข้าจะเผาเมืองแปร ให้มันวอดวาย"

(I'm hurt/upset/angry that my lover was done wrong. I will burn the city of Prae to the ground!)

Jebjai can also be used when someone says something true but hurtful about you, when your colleague is promoted ahead of you, when your lover/someone you trust lied to you, or simply when you found a better deal at another store when you already bought one.