Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Phuket murder fugitive 'Mick the Pom' arrested in the Philippines

webfact

Phuket murder fugitive 'Mick the Pom' arrested in the Philippines
Phuket Gazette

1_2014313172235679_eswPBqmHYxkegpnuiaGeL
British national Michael Taylor, wanted for the stabbing murder of his Thai girlfriend Jantra Weangta in Phuket in 2004, has been arrested in the Philippines. Photo: Gazette file

PHUKET: -- British murder fugitive Michael John Taylor, better known in Phuket as “Mick The Pom”, has been arrested in the Philippines.

Taylor, who celebrated his 50th birthday on September 20 last year, was wanted for the stabbing murder of his girlfriend Jantra Weangta, 27, in Phuket.

Ms Jantra who was found stabbed to death in Taylor’s rented bungalow near Chalong Pier on August 17, 2004 (story here).

The Hull Daily Mail, the local newspaper in Taylor’s hometown in the UK, ran the story today and quoted a British Foreign Office spokesman as saying, “We can confirm the arrest of a British national in the Philippines on March 6 and we are providing consular assistance” (story here).

The Phuket Gazette received unofficial reports that Taylor was taken into custody by officers from the Philippines Bureau of Immigration, which is currently staging a major offensive against fugitives staying in the country (click here).

The arrest comes after long delays and inaction by Phuket law enforcement authorities under the previous Provincial Police Commander Choti Chavalwivat, who had been informed of Taylor’s whereabouts last year (story here).

Gen Choti retired from the Royal Thai Police on September 30 last year.

His replacement, Maj Gen Ong-art Phiewruangnont, handed the case to one of his leading deputies within days of taking up the post of Phuket’s top-ranking police officer.

The Gazette has yet to confirm with Gen Ong-art that he has been informed of Taylor’s arrest.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2014/Phuket-murder-fugitive-Mick-the-Pom-arrested-in-the-Philippines-27829.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-03-13

"But they caught him" - only after his money ran out.

Where did it say that? Or was it just that little voice in your head making up your own version of events?

If it's not corruption, it's incompetence. Take your pick. I'd say a combination of both, as they have known his whereabouts for about a year.

Have you heard of the term, "protection money?" When the money runs out, so does your "protection."

"The arrest comes after long delays and inaction by Phuket law enforcement authorities" - tThe amount of incompetence in this case leads me to believe some corruption is/was involved.

Of course, if that "little voice in your head" tells you to believe everything you read, that's fine. laugh.png

Im looking forward to seeing his pictures on arrival at Phuket airport - I guarantee he wont be smirking

Brainless clod will probably be smirking ... photo op and all wink.png

Where did it say that? Or was it just that little voice in your head making up your own version of events?

If it's not corruption, it's incompetence. Take your pick. I'd say a combination of both, as they have known his whereabouts for about a year.

Have you heard of the term, "protection money?" When the money runs out, so does your "protection."

"The arrest comes after long delays and inaction by Phuket law enforcement authorities" - tThe amount of incompetence in this case leads me to believe some corruption is/was involved.

Of course, if that "little voice in your head" tells you to believe everything you read, that's fine. laugh.png

So it was just your wild guessing speculation with zero foundation then.

What incompetence? He's been arrested.

Try using something original in your posts, don't plagiarise mine.

So it was just your wild guessing speculation with zero foundation then.

What incompetence? He's been arrested.

Try using something original in your posts, don't plagiarise mine.

He's been on the run for murder, and they have known where he is for about a year, and he is only just now been arrested, and you don't think that incompetence and/or corruption has been involved????

I'm quoting you, not plagerizing you. There is a difference.

He hasn't exactly been hiding.

He's been running a bar and boasting about his crimes.

His whereabouts, and situation, was reported on this forum a year or so ago.

Yep, and he has been living the good old high life, living with a ''Lady Boy'',

Glad that they have caught him, just for the deceased i hope..

Another criminal hiding out in South east ASIA, Because the law can be bought!

if you had taken time to read the story instead of slinging mud you would have seen, the P.I. police are cracking down on criminals staying in the P.I>!

The murder happened in Thailand.

The Philippines Police would have needed to have an "Interpol Notice" which is basically a warrant, applied for by the Thai Police, so they could then arrest him.

Unfortunately, it took them a long time to do this, despite the fact that they also knew his exact whereabouts.

Another criminal hiding out in South east ASIA, Because the law can be bought!

if you had taken time to read the story instead of slinging mud you would have seen, the P.I. police are cracking down on criminals staying in the P.I>!

The murder happened in Thailand.

The Philippines Police would have needed to have an "Interpol Notice" which is basically a warrant, applied for by the Thai Police, so they could then arrest him.

Unfortunately, it took them a long time to do this, despite the fact that they also knew his exact whereabouts.

Hello, I was wondering about the source of this information. Usually in the Philippines an information like that will be in the headlines, no official report by the immigration, his bar - resort in Pundaquit still open and accepting reservations, a blogger that published the arrest, almost retracted it hours later.

http://sexpatswallofshame.com/michael-john-taylor-mick-the-pom-arrested/

Are you guys sure he's been arrested?

• 1 year later...

Archived