Old $100 bills

how old is "old"?

some place even have here problem to accept certain years of the prior series, not to mention 2 back...

the most annoying to me not taking US notes with pencil or pen marks, then for those they exchange give me 1000thb notes, every second one with marks on them...

thai banks are jokes.

if just 1 series back, any ( but Thailand) international airport should do i think.

if 2 series back, than probably your best bet is USA to exchange them.

DO NOT trust the U.S. embassy to take any $100 or $50 with with tears or marks on them. I was flatly refused by them when trying to pay for a notary stamp a couple months ago. The bill was in perfect shape with the exception of having a small ink mark on it. It was the same as dealing with a Thai bank.

DO NOT trust the U.S. embassy to take any $100 or $50 with with tears or marks on them. I was flatly refused by them when trying to pay for a notary stamp a couple months ago. The bill was in perfect shape with the exception of having a small ink mark on it. It was the same as dealing with a Thai bank.

I'm surprised the US embassy even accepts dollars in Thailand at all. I'm fairly certain the Australian embassy for instance, only accepts Thai Baht despite displaying AUD prices as well for comparison purposes.

I got a new passport from the US embassy in October of last year.

I tried to pay for it with an old $100 and and old $50. The ones that no one will take.

When I gave her the bills, the cashier phoned someone. She then told me that she could take the 50, but not the 100.