Haircut

farang1979

:-)

Sorry couldnt resist.

You could ask for

ow see shampoo khap.

Ill let the sensible replies continue now :~]

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks. That sounds nice and simple maybe I'll give that a go ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

There's EasyCut franchise on Metro Mall level before going down to MRT at Sukhumvit. 100 bt from ticket machine. Eng spoken. EasyCut at Phra Ram 9 MRT station too. Good service.

Is it in the station? What BTS is that? Really need to find one now.

There's EasyCut franchise on Metro Mall level before going down to MRT at Sukhumvit. 100 bt from ticket machine. Eng spoken. EasyCut at Phra Ram 9 MRT station too. Good service.

Is it in the station? What BTS is that? Really need to find one now

Wow. The answers to your question are in my answer already. BTS and MRT are not the same.

From ground level on Sukhumvit at the bottom of Asok BTS escalator, follow MRT signs. Descend 1 level on MRT escalator. Basically, follow crowds underground. At bottom of said escalator, walk 20 metres, turn 90 degrees left into Metro Mall. Walk straight thru mall. EasyCut on your left.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

The EasyCut place mentioned above is the only place I could ever get a consistent haircut in Thailand. The stories I could tell about other places where I attempted to get a hair cut...one of my favorites would have to be the place who took me back for a wash, then told me they didn't have any clippers in the store and couldn't cut my hairfacepalm.gif , but if I would wait an hour they might be able to get some. Walked out with a wet head back to my apartment, got a free shampoo out of it at least blink.png

Hahaha! Andy that's hilarious. Not been in Thailand for that long but also sounds comically Thai as well! How good English do they speak as my Thai is limited?

Sugar Salon - the owner worked many years in Canada and speaks fluent english

http://www.sugarsalonbangkok.com/

That is just perfect. Everything I need. Thanks so much. I can finally get my hair cut.

The salon mentioned appears to be in the Laksi area... not exactly in the center of town.

Yeah Mo Chit I think. If it's got a BTS nearby all good though.

That is just perfect. Everything I need. Thanks so much. I can finally get my hair cut.

The salon mentioned appears to be in the Laksi area... not exactly in the center of town.

That shop is out beyond Chang Wattana immigration. OP, you will pay as much for transportation as for the haircut. You could take the 3rd class train to Lak Si station (8 baht I think) and moto taxi from there, but really! You'll spent hour, hour and a half just travelling back and forth.

Another poster mentioned how he's gotten the only consistent haircut ever in Thailand at EasyCut. I agree. I've had many bad haircuts in independent shops, but I've never had a problem at EasyCut. They seem to be well trained and they're easy as pie to get to. The only two I know are, as I described above. At Sukhumvit and Phra Ram 9 stations on the MRT.

Believe there is an EasyCut (or similar) in the front mall area of Lotus at Bangkapi so expect there are such places in other shopping areas. Very small area cubical so easy to move and open elsewhere. I just use a local barber shop (rather than beauty shop) and cost range is 60 or 80 baht at the two I have used outside of CBD. I just sit down and they do there thing - they might ask if want to not use blade to shave neck or if want a shave but most can speak that in English. Hand gestures should work.

I too have had a lot of bad haircuts from the regular haircut shops around the Sukhumvit area... and these days, the prices in farang areas for men seem to be around 300 baht just for the regular shops, not any fancy salons.

So eventually after a lot of looking around, I found a simple Thai shop where the owner does a very good job with scissor cutting on my hair, and the price is 150 baht for men for haircut, though I always add a tip for good service. I've never asked her to do a shampoo, so I'm not sure if that's included or not.

The shop is on Phahonyothin Rd, a couple of blocks north of Victory Monument BTS, on the left hand side of the street as you're walking north. So it's very easy to get to. The owner is a 30-something Thai lady who usually has her hair colored in a blond to light brown shade. Speaks a little English, but really, not much is require for a haircut.

Here's the name of the place in Thai and what it looks like. I'd recommend her work.

post-58284-0-67811000-1394948754_thumb.j

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Re Lopburi's comment about pricing, that's the interesting thing.

For me, the light went on a year or so back when my wife and I were traveling in Udon Thani. Outside our hotel, along the street, there was a Thai guy who looked like he was in his 60s or 70s who had set up a single barber chair in the entrance to an otherwise pretty empty old shophouse, and was doing haircuts for 50 baht.

For someone from the west, it's not any big deal to pay $10 (300+ baht) for a haircut. But here, that's certainly not the kind of price for a man's haircut that the locals pay. So as a compromise, I'm happy to pay 100 to 150 baht for a decent haircut.

Farang, Laksi is nowhere near the Mochit area or any BTS station. As noted above, it's basically the same area as traveling to ChangWattana Immigration.

Farang, Laksi is nowhere near the Mochit area or any BTS station. As noted above, it's basically the same area as traveling to ChangWattana Immigration.

doesn't website give Mo Chit as the address? May be mistaken

OP wrote:

Yes, but that's just a marker, a come'on, if you like. In fact, I am going to amend my travel estimate to 1-1.5 hours just to get to the shop from the Sukhumvit area, say Asok, if you follow the website's steps. You being a newbie, have no idea how far that really is. To go from Chang Wattana immigration to Mo Chit bus station (not BTS station), a good 60 baht moto taxi ride from Mo Chit BTS station, was something around 200 baht, with tip. Everyone's told you it's a huge long trip. All I can say is, give it up.

Believe there is an EasyCut (or similar) in the front mall area of Lotus at Bangkapi so expect there are such places in other shopping areas. Very small area cubical so easy to move and open elsewhere. I just use a local barber shop (rather than beauty shop) and cost range is 60 or 80 baht at the two I have used outside of CBD. I just sit down and they do there thing - they might ask if want to not use blade to shave neck or if want a shave but most can speak that in English. Hand gestures should work.

There is, costs 100 baht, never used it, strangely enough there isnt one in The Mall across the road.

Reason for not using the one in Lotus, I use a barber shop at Bang Kapi crossroads, theres a whole row of them.

Haircut and a shave costs 70/80 baht, also included in the price, ears and nostrils trimmed, eyebrows also cut, a neck and shoulder massage of about 5 minutes when the haircut is finished.

I give a 100 baht which the regular guy is happy with.

Cheapest I have seen in the area is 40 baht, average seems to be about 60 baht.

There is, costs 100 baht, never used it, strangely enough there isnt one in The Mall across the road.

Reason for not using the one in Lotus, I use a barber shop at Bang Kapi crossroads, theres a whole row of them.

Haircut and a shave costs 70/80 baht, also included in the price, ears and nostrils trimmed, eyebrows also cut, a neck and shoulder massage of about 5 minutes when the haircut is finished.

I give a 100 baht which the regular guy is happy with.

Cheapest I have seen in the area is 40 baht, average seems to be about

60 baht.

Rgs. Sounds good! How can I get there?

No, here's the address they give:

Sugar Salon is located in the Laksi area of Bangkok.

5/16 Muang Thong Niwet 1

Chaengwattana Road 14

Thung Song Hong Laksi

It's exactly the same area as CW Immigration, as are the traveling instructions given on the shop's website.

BTW, separately, I'm not sure if it's the same company or not, but I believe there's another one of those ticket machine type haircut places just outside the ticket gate area at the Thong Lor BTS station. But I've never used it or checked the price there. Though there's an archived TV thread on this same subject that mentions it being about 100 baht also.

See the following:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/553267-cheap-haircut-on-sukhumwit/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/622420-good-reasonably-priced-barbers-near-sukhumvit/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

• 2 weeks later...

Just coming back to this. I would highly recommend Easy Cuts to anyone in need of a trim. You pay 100 baht to a ticket machine wait for the next stylist and go into a booth where they cut your hair. I had one of the best (and sorely needed) haircuts I have ever had for a fraction of the price I would have paid in the UK and with a very professional and courteous service. Walk past Asok on the right hand side til you see the MRT on the left hand side and then go left into like a mall and you'll come across it. Big thumbs up! :)

• Like 1

A picture is the best possible solution.

Next would be to make some drawings on your head, some lines and arrows. If you want your hair over your ears, draw the line on your ear where the hair should reach. Don't forget to do both ears.

• Like 1