Cheap Haircut On Sukhumwit

farang000999

If your on thonglor theres a cheap barber that advertises 60 or 80b in the window always looks busy. Its on soi thonglor and its right near where all the motorbikes park just after the fruit stands on the odd soi side. No clue if there good or not but their cheap and busy, if they were bad they wouldnt be popular in my mind. Theres also the 100b haircut on the actual BTS itself again always busy.

Try the barber shop on Soi 23. If you're coming from Sukhumvit then procede down the soi and the shop will be on the left side about 25 meters before you reach soi Cowboy. The last time I was there I paid 40 bhat but that was a couple of years ago.

Where you want to meet up? I'll do it for free right on the sidewalk as long as you let me film it for Youtube.

But seriously if you always like keeping your hair at a certain length with a buzz cut, why not just buy your own electric razor and do it yourself? Kind of hard to go wrong with those attachments. Then again, I've never cut human hair and just used to shave my dogs in the summer back in the US.

Where you want to meet up? I'll do it for free right on the sidewalk as long as you let me film it for Youtube.

But seriously if you always like keeping your hair at a certain length with a buzz cut, why not just buy your own electric razor and do it yourself? Kind of hard to go wrong with those attachments. Then again, I've never cut human hair and just used to shave my dogs in the summer back in the US.

Dogs shouldn't be shaved or have their hair cut for that matter. It acts as a heat regulator.

Back to the OP: There's a barber on Sukhumwit just a few meters after the hospital - same side of the street and going out of town. Baht 80 with all the extras (eyebrows, back of the neck and side burns).

Dogs shouldn't be shaved or have their hair cut for that matter. It acts as a heat regulator.

Not to take this off topic but you shouldn't make an incorrect blanket statement like this that isn't true because some dogs will suffer greatly (can die) in hot climates if they don't have their coats shaved ... especially those dogs without double coats and were bread for colder climates. As well, even some double coated dogs will enjoy (feel cooler) being shaved (cut) during hot seasons but you should never shave them anywhere close to the point of risking getting a sunburn.

Keep in mind that many dog breeds are bread by humans and didn't evolve to their current state naturally but instead by design of what people wanted and not by natural selection of what helped the dog to survive the elements.

Edited by Nisa

It costs me Bht100 where i live on Samui and i am happy with that, when i go back to Queensland it costs me Bht475 for a pensioner discounted haircut, but some of us living here in LOS still complain. bah.gif

If your on thonglor theres a cheap barber that advertises 60 or 80b in the window always looks busy. Its on soi thonglor and its right near where all the motorbikes park just after the fruit stands on the odd soi side. No clue if there good or not but their cheap and busy, if they were bad they wouldnt be popular in my mind. Theres also the 100b haircut on the actual BTS itself again always busy.

I use that one on Thonglor regularly, very good they are to. It now costs 70 Baht, up from 60 a few months back.

Ive never used any of these cheaper places and im nervous to. But im currently paying 900b at seisudio(sp?) in emporium, good service and i like the way they cut but hell thats nearly 13 haircuts at your place. $2.60 for a haircut that just scares me.

I use that one on Thonglor regularly, very good they are to. It now costs 70 Baht, up from 60 a few months back.

Did you stop tipping? rolleyes.gif

Ive never used any of these cheaper places and im nervous to. But im currently paying 900b at seisudio(sp?) in emporium, good service and i like the way they cut but hell thats nearly 13 haircuts at your place. $2.60 for a haircut that just scares me.

the service there aint that great and the haircut sucks.

Isn't there a cheap and fast haircut place down in the Asoke BTS? Anybody ever try it?

My wife tells me they are good (i think she is familiar with the company) and keeps pushing me to try them which shocks the heck out of me because she always complains about me using the local Thai salon lady to cut me hair and tries to get me to go with her to her expensive salon in Silom ... but every time we go by that place in the subway she really pushes me to try them.

Im always weary about the classic thai salon of 4 middle age girls stuffed inside a room assessable by sliding glass door. My girlfriend was adamant about using salons like these for months yet every time she went to one she would be angry that her hair looked like crap and we would end up going to a normal/higher end studio anyways.

For everyone saying your paying 10-15$ for a haircut back home, whether that's back in the US, EU, AUS, wherever, 15$... seriously. Maybe if they are doing a buzz cut but if any form of thought goes into it 15$ is gonna be interesting.

Isn't there a cheap and fast haircut place down in the Asoke BTS? Anybody ever try it?

My wife tells me they are good (i think she is familiar with the company) and keeps pushing me to try them which shocks the heck out of me because she always complains about me using the local Thai salon lady to cut me hair and tries to get me to go with her to her expensive salon in Silom ... but every time we go by that place in the subway she really pushes me to try them.

There's Ezy Cuts in Asoke MRT - 100 baht for a basic haircut. I go there sometimes, but often there's a long queue.

There's Ezy Cuts in Asoke MRT - 100 baht for a basic haircut. I go there sometimes, but often there's a long queue.

Curious, are they a chain? I take it you would recommend the place based on your comments. If so, maybe I will make the wife happy and give them a try. Just have been hesitate getting my haircut in the subway in what resembles a drive through type salon.

There is a 100B chain right off the Thonglor bts on the actual BTS bridge area. Idk if its the same as Asoke but they are always fairly busy with what looks like business/teacher type people.

Curious, are they a chain? I take it you would recommend the place based on your comments. If so, maybe I will make the wife happy and give them a try. Just have been hesitate getting my haircut in the subway in what resembles a drive through type salon.

Yes, it's part of a chain, based on a Japanese modular booth concept. I mis-spelt it before, the correct spelling is Easy Cuts. I went there this morning (off-peak hours), no wait, and had a lady barber fluent in English cut my hair.