Minister Surapong to meet foreign officials to clear up misunderstanding

webfact

Minister Surapong to meet foreign officials to clear up misunderstanding

surapong-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul is to meet with senior foreign affairs officials tomorrow (Friday) to clear up any misunderstanding after a group of officials issued a statement opposing the minister’s invitation for UN secretary-general Ban Ki-moon to help mediate the political conflict in Thailand.

Mr Surapong said today that he thought the officials might not have received the right information which caused them to have a misunderstanding of his action.

He explained that he wanted the UN to help mediate the conflict to prevent the possibility that the conflict which was marred with violence could descend into a civil war which would give a pretext for the UN to intervene anyway.

Surapong said he understood the concern expressed by the officials but doubted they knew about the political conflict as good as he did. As the top executive at the foreign ministry, he said that he was responsible for making decisions.

The minister described those who opposed the UN’s mediation as people who are afraid of the truths.

He said that he thought that the protest leaders were afraid of the arrival of the UN secretary-general and decided to scale down their protests.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/minister-surapong-meet-foreign-officials-clear-misunderstanding/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-14

• Like 2

only in Thailand would "officials" complain publicly about their boss inviting the UN Chief to HELP in a crisis *sigh* sad.png

As often happens in Government the workers know far more than the boss.wai.gif

Particularly in a country where positions are not handed out on merit but on who can bring in the most votes.giggle.gif

• Like 1

“He explained that he wanted the UN to help mediate the conflict to prevent the possibility that the conflict which was marred with violence could descend into a civil war which would give a pretext for the UN to intervene anyway.”

So Mr. Caretaker Foreign Minister Surapong would you confirm that Yingluck is lying as she said the other day to CNN that no "serious incidents" and no violence had occurred over these 4 months political protests.

• Like 1

He explained that he wanted the UN to help mediate the conflict to prevent the possibility that the conflict which was marred with violence could descend into a civil war which would give a pretext for the UN to intervene anyway.

How will the UN mediate when the inviter is part of the problem and party to the start of violence? And the inviter's puppetmaster has once said, "The UN is not my father..."...goof.gif

Chances are the UN does not remember that statement. The only people who pay attention to him are the red shirts. The farmers are no longer listening to him.

To be honest he has become a joke.

“He explained that he wanted the UN to help mediate the conflict to prevent the possibility that the conflict which was marred with violence could descend into a civil war which would give a pretext for the UN to intervene anyway.”

So Mr. Caretaker Foreign Minister Surapong would you confirm that Yingluck is lying as she said the other day to CNN that no "serious incidents" and no violence had occurred over these 4 months political protests.

Standard operating procedure for the PTP the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. the clone caddy doesn't know what his clone pro golfer is doing.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifviolin.gif

Edited by northernjohn

I am quite sure that the 'foreign officials' are very aware of what is going on in Thailand. I would even go so far as to say they understand the situitation better than Surapong does.

Absolutely, and yet, once again, we hear this all-too-common cry of "falang no unnerstand"...!! Besides, his lips are moving, so we know he's lying...!!

Surapong said he understood the concern expressed by the officials but doubted they knew about the political conflict as good as he did. As the top executive at the foreign ministry, he said that he was responsible for making decisions.

I almost choked on my Leo when I read this. The only decision this clown ever makes is will I do what my cousin Mr T. tells me to do or not. And of course the decision is always yes I will.

• Like 1

The minister described those who opposed the UN’s mediation as people who are afraid of the truths.

''The U.N. is not my father'' is a comment that comes to mind

• Like 1

only in Thailand would "officials" complain publicly about their boss inviting the UN Chief to HELP in a crisis *sigh* sad.png

Help? No, you've got that wrong. Only to 'mediate', like passing messages back and forth. I'm sure Mr. Ban will be very interested in doing just that.

And of course here's the "to prevent to UN to intervene anyway". Now that's interesting, personally I doubt the UN would do just that.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

He seems to be completely deluded. There was no misunderstanding to clear up. His staff understood exactly what he was up to. The protestors were also not afraid of the arrival of the UN secretary-general who hasn't even bothered to respond to his invitation.

I almost choked on my Leo when I read this. The only decision this clown ever makes is will I do what my cousin Mr T. tells me to do or not. And of course the decision is always yes I will.

Pimay, Leo at 11am is not a good way to be progressing the day wink.png. It is more than slightly amusing that Surapong thinks he understands the political situation more than anyone else. He really should be doing much more valuable things with his time like planning his escape route and finalizing his citizenship with Montenegro - which by all accounts on the Thai news Yingluck has already done! I have read nothing of it on here, I may have missed it but it would seem that Yingluck is already the holder of a Montenegran passport and has bought a des res next to big brother....go check it out!.

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 1

Pimay, Leo at 11am is not a good way to be progressing the day wink.png. It is more than slightly amusing that Surapong thinks he understands the political situation more than anyone else. He really should be doing much more valuable things with his time like planning his escape route and finalizing his citizenship with Montenegro - which by all accounts on the Thai news Yingluck has already done! I have read nothing of it on here, I may have missed it but it would seem that Yingluck is already the holder of a Montenegran passport and has bought a des res next to big brother....go check it out!.

Good one Jim. That's what my old gf said also with a few more choice words. Unfortunately I was driven to it by an almost continual parade of pickups coming by this morning with their speakers set at 1,000 db selling everything from rain gutters to used sanitary napkins for the next red mob demonstration. facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Pimay

Just to let you know I succumbed and I am now ready to choke on my own Leo. Ahhh 30 degs, sat under the tree in the garden, kids on the climbing frame, dog at my feet, wifey cracking open some fresh sweet tamarinds and clear blue skies. This is why this crap on here is the ONLY thing us lot have to complain about. Cheers everybody..here's to a top weekend.

edit

your post 26 just seen. LMAO

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 2

doubted they knew about the political conflict as good as he did

He's correct about that, he and his group of inner THUGS caused the conflict, so he knows about it well.coffee1.gif

Cheers, let have some ear drops.cheesy.gif

Ear DROPS ? Did you have a look at those banana leaves that are supposed to be ears ?