Chonburi hardcore redshirt leader's home bombed

webfact

As I corrected my post after you replied. I am glad no one was injured and unless proven otherwise I have no doubt at all this was the workings of the PDRC. Now you try to get a UDD supporter to say that when a PDRC protester is bombed.

Well said. It was probably the PDRC behind this.

When Suthep's house was attacked with grenades, several red posters decided that it was a conspiracy, and that Suthep had attacked his own house to get sympathy.

It appears that non-reds don't believe in those kind of conspiracy theories and fairy tales.

Speaking of conspiracy theories.

According to a study published in Science (hard reading), the UDD supporters fall prey to what the scientists call “illusory pattern perception”: they see “a coherent and meaningful interrelationship among a set of random or unrelated stimuli.” In other words they see things that are not there and they fall victim to conspiracy theories. Why? Because the PTP tell them what to believe and they "roll" with it.

Some of the wonderful stories I have heard over the years should be captured and intertwined into kids fantasy books.

To think the rice scheme is NOT corrupt!!! tongue.png

I clicked on the link and through this and other internet sources looked into this study you cite.

In response I would like to make 3 points.

Firstly,

UDD supporters are absolutely not mentioned at all by this study. It is dishonest of you to structure your post in such a way as to make it appear that they are. You should have said "In my opinion UDD supporters fall prey...." because the fact is it is only your opinion that UDD supporters do in fact fall prey to "illusory pattern perception".

Be honest!

Secondly,

Having read the study myself, it is clear that you actually have little or no understanding as to what the authors of the study are saying.

The hypothesis behind the study is - When people feel a loss of control, their perceptions of events may become unreliable.

The feeling of loss of control can come from something as innocuous as sitting in the passenger seat of a car as opposed to sitting behind the wheel.

It is a phenomena that they believe affects all humans, of all intellects, equally (not just UDD supporters as you seem to be proposing).

And what does the study recommend that we do? Question our intuitions and consult experts whose knowledge and experience may give us a better sense of control.

Your statement "because the PTP tell them what to believe and they roll with it" is completely idiotic. The phenomena is internal - it is not external.

You may as well of cited your favourite episode of The Muppets as this study in support of your bigotry.

The only "coherent and meaningful inter-relationship" here is between your post and a steaming pile of excrement.

Thirdly,

Citing a study that has been published in a respected journal does not somehow bestow intellectual capacity upon yourself. In fact, what you have done is confirm the opposite,your lack of comprehension of the article and your clumsy attempts to incorrectly use it as evidence in support of your prejudices has exposed you as an intellectual minnow. It is an interesting revelation given the record you have of spouting off about how a great number of Thais are too stupid to vote. It would appear should there be any sort of intellectual requirement introduced for voting in your native land of Australia you will most likely find yourself near the top of the list of those no longer allowed to vote.

People in glass houses.....

• Like 1

I clicked on the link and through this and other internet sources looked into this study you cite.

In response I would like to make 3 points.

Firstly,

UDD supporters are absolutely not mentioned at all by this study. It is dishonest of you to structure your post in such a way as to make it appear that they are. You should have said "In my opinion UDD supporters fall prey...." because the fact is it is only your opinion that UDD supporters do in fact fall prey to "illusory pattern perception".

Be honest!

Secondly,

Having read the study myself, it is clear that you actually have little or no understanding as to what the authors of the study are saying.

The hypothesis behind the study is - When people feel a loss of control, their perceptions of events may become unreliable.

The feeling of loss of control can come from something as innocuous as sitting in the passenger seat of a car as opposed to sitting behind the wheel.

It is a phenomena that they believe affects all humans, of all intellects, equally (not just UDD supporters as you seem to be proposing).

And what does the study recommend that we do? Question our intuitions and consult experts whose knowledge and experience may give us a better sense of control.

Your statement "because the PTP tell them what to believe and they roll with it" is completely idiotic. The phenomena is internal - it is not external.

You may as well of cited your favourite episode of The Muppets as this study in support of your bigotry.

The only "coherent and meaningful inter-relationship" here is between your post and a steaming pile of excrement.

Thirdly,

Citing a study that has been published in a respected journal does not somehow bestow intellectual capacity upon yourself. In fact, what you have done is confirm the opposite,your lack of comprehension of the article and your clumsy attempts to incorrectly use it as evidence in support of your prejudices has exposed you as an intellectual minnow. It is an interesting revelation given the record you have of spouting off about how a great number of Thais are too stupid to vote. It would appear should there be any sort of intellectual requirement introduced for voting in your native land of Australia you will most likely find yourself near the top of the list of those no longer allowed to vote.

People in glass houses.....

And this is from a newbie who has only made 12 comments ? Yeah right, and Yingluck will win the Nobel Peace Prize.

Edited by mikemac