Maige Tv

damole

Yes

I took the plunge about a week or so ago. I ordered a MaigeTV box from the http://www.maige-tv.com/en/.

I have been following many if not all of the topics related to IPTV here on TV for the last year or two.

Very nervous about spending this amount on a product that may or may not work for me here in Rayong on a TOT adsl line at 7MB.

So I did it. Went through their order process online, used my Thai Paypal account linked to BBL bank for payment. They shipped it via DHL with no extra costs to me. Easy to follow the package on tracking. Received the pack 3 days later and no customs fees.

After examining the contents it was as advertised per the site. Connected to my TV and router. Sent an activation email and waited. The reading material is all in Chinese so no help on any set up. The remote buttons are in English. After 3 or so hours I was not getting anything on the TV except a Starting System message on the screen. No menus or anything. And this message only appears for a few seconds during the power on mode.

I sent off emails to the support address and did get replies telling me what I was seeing was normal and I should get an "Activation" email and after this I should reset the box and it will then display the menus. A bout the 4 hour mark I did get this mail and I did reset the box but still nothing on screen. Went to sleep that night with the box not working. Next day same deal.After several cups of strong coffee I put on my troubleshooting hat and decided to try some things. The first thing I did was think the box mostlikely is in the Chinese mode and language. and maybe the screen settings were incorrect for my TV and HDMI. So I removed the HDMI and connected the RCA plugs with the red, white and yellow video connections. I switched on and now I see the start message and a status bar as showing the progress of the loading of the system. When it finished in a few seconds the main home screen menu appeared with 4 icons and all in Chinese.

Cutting this short,,,,,,,I stumbled through the settings and found the English for the menus and set the box for my system and language. Now I have and have had a working box. Many, many of the channels are Chinese and other Asian like Korea, Japanese and Taiwanese. But also quite a few English mostly US. I would say about 60 channels I can watch and understand.

Up to this point it works well on my TOT line but I cannot steal bandwidth by trying to dues any heavy use on my PC or tablet while using this Maige box. The channels change in about 5 to 15 seconds depending on the line at that time. Once a channel comes in the signal allows a great picture. I don't have a new TV but 4 years old or so. But the HD channels are very good and as good as the torrent files I use to watch movies.

So far for the price and the service it is worth the cost for me. This will not be my only source of my TV and movie watching but a good addtion especially for watching live programming from the US as there are 3 network channels (ABC< NBC< CBS) from Detroit directly and live. Also FNC and MSNBC, Golf Channel and many others.

A week in to this I am satisfied. My internet connections gives me a decent connection 98% of the time. I do and did notice buffering and loss of picture at the real heavy use times. But I don't usually watch/stream live TV at these times anyway. I feel this will really come in handy for events like watching The Masters and The Open and several other live sporting events I like

I hope this long winded explanation helps

• Like 1

I bought one just under a year ago by mail order from Bangkok and was quite happy with the channels available.

Last week it stopped working. I have tried to contact the company by phone, email and Skype and have not had any reply.

Before I bought I heard that the company selling them had a bad reputation for support but decided to take a chance.

I certainly would not recommend buying one.

Why not just try ilkeHD, lots of channels in HD, English and Thai, sport,movies,documentaries,

news,lots of stuff to watch and all for 200 bht pm. no buying expensive boxes,no risk .

if you are interested just Pm me a user name and email and i will send you invite.they have BKK

servers so works on less bandwidth, for pc android and Mac, just stream from PC to tv,

regards Worgeordie

I forgot to add, I mainly want it for watching sport, in particular football, EPL, La Liga etc plus motogp.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm signed up to ilikehd , seems they're open for new signups. I'm watching aljazeera on my tablet as I type this on my phone. :-)

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

yes I joined ilikehd also. Seems like a good deal and as stated no boxes to buy and no big investment if they go belly up. Works well on my adsl TOT line. I have noticed now in the week or so that some channels die out with an error message on the screen but within an hour or so they come back again. emailing the support a question said something about a key missing and need to get new key. Their issue not the subscriber so nothing we can do except wait