Welcome Inn (Ex Olde Bell)

scottishjohn

No doubt 'Dave' will provide photos, but the frontage is different and I am told the 'yellow box' (ATM) will go idc.

Let's give the place a try

Diffidently give it try.But the box going wishful thanking. No chance that's money for the landlord.

Well with a name like boom and Andy.....let's hope it goes off with a bang and he doesn't change his name to bust.

The very best of luck to them.....the very best entrepreneurs still need luck.

With a name like that I guess the Scottish flag there will be a full one.

All the best for thee new place. I am not a Scot but they do understand hospitality.

Well with a name like boom and Andy.....let's hope it goes off with a bang and he doesn't change his name to bust.

All the best for thee new place. I am not a Scot but they do understand hospitality.

Why you think he's Scottish ? I've met quite a few Scots in the past, and they were all named Brian.

• Like 1

Why you think he's Scottish ? I've met quite a few Scots in the past, and they were all named Brian.

.... and of all the Scots men I know, none of them are called Andy. The vast majority of Welshmen aren't called David (or any abbreviations of) either. That's not to mention the amount of Irish men who aren't called Patrick/Pat/Paddy ....

Not sure if I can see the Scottish angle in the name. Has a post been removed or deleted from the thread?

Welcome Inn is a franchise owned by Scottish and Newcastle breweries.

Well copied everywhere, Welcome Inn; About 77,700,000 results (0.20 seconds)

Please let me know if they have Happy Hour(s). Lotus just lowered their prices on Tiger Yai to 55 THB, and they've had the born on 18-02-2014 for about two weeks. I wish them good luck, but I'm not going to any bar unless i know it's fresh and cold. Until I see a lot of improvement LK is for currency exchange and MM is for the dermatologist/dentist.

.... and of all the Scots men I know, none of them are called Andy. The vast majority of Welshmen aren't called David (or any abbreviations of) either. That's not to mention the amount of Irish men who aren't called Patrick/Pat/Paddy ....

How about Andy from Pandy?

Not sure if I can see the Scottish angle in the name. Has a post been removed or deleted from the thread?

Since when can a foreign brewery own a a pub in Thailand?

I'm sure it's not a franchise but either way a franchise is owned by the franchisee. I don't know if there are any franchised pubs in Thailand but if there are, they would probably be Thai owned.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well the Andy in question is definately a Scot. I assume we are all happy that we know the nationallity of Boom?

No doubt 'Dave' will provide photos, but the frontage is different and I am told the 'yellow box' (ATM) will go idc.

Let's give the place a try

Diffidently give it try.But the box going wishful thanking. No chance that's money for the landlord.

I think the yellow box's lease runs out in a few months and then it will go.

A pretty exciting name but The Red Prawn Inn offers more scope.

A pretty exciting name but The Red Prawn Inn offers more scope.

Any "Red" animal would be ok in Chiang Mai I guess. Except for "The Red Buffalo".

That would be a name that draws attention...

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1