Bangkok Civil Court issues injunction to suspend Satish's deportation

webfact

Civil Court issues injunction to suspend Satish's deportation

BANGKOK: -- The Civil Court Friday issued an injunction to suspend the order by the Interior Ministry to deport Indian businessman Satish Sehgal pending a ruling in the case.

The ministry has issued an order to deport Satish on allegations tht he had led violent protests.

Satish has appealed against the order with Civil Court and sought an injunction against the deportation order pending the review of his appeal.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-14

• Like 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that is why these courts are called "user friendly" for one side of the political divide.

It is also why the PAD-Dem's want to obstruct the current election, and by extension avoid the convening of Parliament.

Before such 'user friendly' courts and so-called Independent Agencies, they are not the minority they are in parliament....A minority atributed to their electoral futility.........In essence, exercising Opposition outside the Electoral Democratic system of governance.

The more they can excercise Opposition to the Govt. outside Parliament, the more favorable it is to them.

Under normal circumstances, the Opposition would have grilled the Govt. in Parliament, about the deportation of this guy, and one of their brethren-in-arms.

Bottom line IMHO, the obstruction of this election is as much about preventing the convening of Parliament, is it is their fear of electoral results.

They also ruled against Sukhumbhand. A member of the democratic party. Hardly one sided. Get your facts straight.

Under normal circumstances, with a standing government who abides by the rules, your logic is sound. But now, here in Thailand, it doesn't work.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/EC-votes-to-give-yellow-card-to-Sukhumbhand-for-Ba-30228940.html

• Like 2

And that is why these courts are called "user friendly" for one side of the political divide.

It is also why the PAD-Dem's want to obstruct the current election, and by extension avoid the convening of Parliament.

Before such 'user friendly' courts and so-called Independent Agencies, they are not the minority they are in parliament....A minority atributed to their electoral futility.

The more they can excercise Opposition to the Govt. outside Parliament, the more favorable it is to them.

Under normal circumstances, the Opposition would have grilled the Govt. in Parliament, about the deportation of this guy, and one of their brethren-in-arms.

Bottom line IMHO, the obstruction of this election is as much about preventing the convening of Parliament, is it is their fear of electoral results.

That's your interpretation of events.

The fact of the matter is this deportation was vindictive and politically motivated. Satish didn't do anything illegal. Did he take over the government buildings? Did he fight the police? Did he blow anything up? No. All he did was go on stage to join the protest against this crap government. Since when is protest illegal? For that, Chlalerm decided to deport him. You red sympathizers always cry that the courts are against this government. How about the fact that this government did something wrong and the courts are doing the right thing.

"That's your interpretation of events."

"The fact of the matter is..." [goes on to give his interpretation of events].....

Thanks for boiling down the TV News Forum to its bare bones - people claiming opinions as facts.

• Like 2

It's as clear as the nose on your face there's a silent Judicial Coup underway, and has been for several weeks now, and this is from an outsider with no affiliation to the Yellows or the Reds.

Whilst I agree that a judicial coup was on the plans, I would argue that it has stalled, rather like the military coup.

Both the military and the judiciary have done their appreciations, and realise the implications of popular reaction to toppling an elected government. They (alone) know the likely result of the ongoing ballot. As I said, the whole plan has stalled. I should imagine there is a lot of brainstorming going on, to try to come up with a means of getting rid of Pheu Thai, and replacing them with a more acceptable regime (Abhisit?) without sparking a popular protest, which they could not control, and would lead to another Pheu Thai government being elected! Tricky one!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

It's as clear as the nose on your face there's a silent Judicial Coup underway, and has been for several weeks now, and this is from an outsider with no affiliation to the Yellows or the Reds.

How can you say "and this is from an outsider with no affiliation to the Yellows or the Reds" when every post you make is bias towards the reds and every like you give is to a red supporter. I think it is clear which side you support.

Nope, I think both need a right good boot to the <deleted>, I post more when I see the tit for tats between TVF members it's like a tennis match with accusations and counter accusations and then typically one calls one leader a criminal fugitive and the other is called a fascist,and one calls one set thugs, and the other says well you burned down Bangkok and one calls one side buffaloes and the other counters about Thai Elite..

If the forum members can't agree on basic principles and twist everything to sit their train of thought, then what chance do the ties have?? None

They're like all behaving like spoil t little children, who are constantly spitting dummies out of prams, and all the whilst the status quo remains. Yes Reformation i needed, but not on one party's account of it, BOTH sides need to sit down and start acting like they have the interest of ALL the Thai people at heart, and not their various cliques, Thaksin is a Dick, as is Suthep, as in Chalerm as is Buhdda Issara.. Yingluck, well.. she was always out of her depth, and I'm willing to bet deep down she wants to get out of this circus, and get back to being a mother, and shopper!!

• Like 2

Looks like corruption in action. Money changes hands. Expulsion order on rich businessman suspended. Business as usual.

Almost comical......but I wonder what the fare was......high profile case....gotta be a lot of money....!!!

This will definitely tread on some toes, but I would imagine Chalerm has done ok from the deal.....the lost face is only superficial!

• Like 1

Before such 'user friendly' courts and so-called Independent Agencies, they are not the minority they are in parliament....A minority atributed to their electoral futility.........In essence, exercising Opposition outside the Electoral Democratic system of governance.

They also ruled against Sukhumbhand. A member of the democratic party. Hardly one sided. Get your facts straight.

Under normal circumstances, with a standing government who abides by the rules, your logic is sound. But now, here in Thailand, it doesn't work.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/EC-votes-to-give-yellow-card-to-Sukhumbhand-for-Ba-30228940.html

Citing the Nation as an impartial source....................

Love it.

Facts are facts. Just can't link to the Bangkok Post.