Dazed and confused: Danish expat crashes into Thalang store

webfact

Dazed and confused: Danish expat crashes into Thalang store
Phuket Gazette

1_201431511325211_TLLFcRCwfwXZCWERpdfVyw
Danish expat Per Erichsen sits quietly awaiting treatment to his injuries after the accident. Photo: Thawit Bilabdullar

PHUKET: -- Police are still looking for an explanation as to what caused a car driven by a Danish expat to fly off the road and plunge into an appliance store in Thalang on Thursday evening.

Police arrived at the scene, about 250 meters from Baan Nai Klam Mosque on the southbound side of Thepkrasattri Road, at about 6:30pm.

The 50-year-old driver, Per Erichsen, was in a daze, said Chatree Chuwichian of the Thalang Police.

“He was in shock,” Lt Chatree explained. “He said he did not remember what happened.”

Worrathep Pattamawiriya, 19, said Mr Erichsen’s car started to drift as it passed him moments before the accident.

“The car cut across in front of my motorbike and crashed into the shop,” he said. “It was like the driver was asleep.”

Rescue workers took Mr Erichsen to Thalang Hospital for treatment of cuts on his right arm and his head.

“We have yet to charge the driver,” Lt Chatree said. “We will call him in for questioning after he has recovered from his injuries.

“No government property was damaged and the car’s insurance company should be able to cover the damage to the shop.”

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2014/Dazed-and-confused-Danish-expat-crashes-into-Thalang-store-27857.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-03-15

Lucky nothing serious happened to him.
The other day, driving back home, started drinking some water and I nearly lost control of the car.
Swerved on the side of the road hitting some stones, but I was able to bring the car back to the road.
Very easy to get destructed while driving and very silly of me.
Learned my lesson.

• Like 1

Lucky nothing serious happened to him.

The other day, driving back home, started drinking some water and I nearly lost control of the car.

Swerved on the side of the road hitting some stones, but I was able to bring the car back to the road.

Very easy to get destructed while driving and very silly of me.

Learned my lesson.

"Very easy to get destructed while driving and very silly of me."

Yes, indeed..you could very easily have "self destructed "huh..

• Like 1

Thankfully no one was hurt. Sounds like it could have been a lot worse. It is easy to get distracted or lose concentration.

I dropped me guts at high volume in the car last evening and Khun Chart was roaring with laughter, you'd have thought he'd never heard a fart before but them windows soon came down....

• Like 1

... Thats 3 theories! And they don't wear clogs!

Were you in the passenger seat - distracting him...

rolleyes.gif

I have two theories,

1. He got his clog jammed in one of the floor pedals.

2. He thought the store was Ikea and either really needed to go shopping or extremely disliked them.

Thankfully no one was hurt. Sounds like it could have been a lot worse. It is easy to get distracted or lose concentration.

I dropped me guts at high volume in the car last evening and Khun Chart was roaring with laughter, you'd have thought he'd never heard a fart before but them windows soon came down....

Thanks for sharing that special family moment with us.

• Like 1

Poor guy could suffer from diabetes or a mild form of epilepsy. Fortunately, both his injuries and the damage seem relatively minor.

Agree, has happened to me (mild seizure) one morning on the drive to work. I hit a tree and a brick wall, rode off the 4x4, thankfully no one hurt.

Poor guy could suffer from diabetes or a mild form of epilepsy. Fortunately, both his injuries and the damage seem relatively minor.

Agree, has happened to me (mild seizure) one morning on the drive to work. I hit a tree and a brick wall, rode off the 4x4, thankfully no one hurt.

Rode off the 4x4????? You 'rode' on it? Or did your write it off? ie "I wrote off my 4x4"

I

• Like 1

... Thats 3 theories! And they don't wear clogs!

Were you in the passenger seat - distracting him...

rolleyes.gif

I have two theories,

1. He got his clog jammed in one of the floor pedals.

2. He thought the store was Ikea and either really needed to go shopping or extremely disliked them.

"And they don't wear clogs!"

Yes they do!!