New Mitsu car dealers near Ambassador hotel

banglay

Went for a oil & filter change yesterday on my triton......and for free they stripped down and cleaned and checked the brakes front and rear and did a test drive .. they also put my pick up through the car wash (free too) .....there's also free coffee & tea & water in a very clean and airy customer waiting area (free wifi )....staff very friendly and professional ... a western quality experience at Thai prices....

knocks both the Mitsu garages located north Pattaya out the ball park....

.AA++ credit were credit is due ...

• Like 1

On another note I went to the Nissan dealership near the mitsu showroom the other day and was surprised to find they have 2-3 full time farang sales people working there - wondered how they managed to get work permits for these guys.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

On another note I went to the Nissan dealership near the mitsu showroom the other day and was surprised to find they have 2-3 full time farang sales people working there - wondered how they managed to get work permits for these guys.

Russians...or civilized English speakers?

Luuk kruengs

Luuk kruengs

Good to know as I'm a little interested in the new Teana.

The way every company gets work permits. Go fill out the paperwork.

The way every company gets work permits. Go fill out the paperwork.

As someone said they're luk krungs, probably Thai citizens so no WP necessary.

I just bought a new Mitsubishi from them. Great service and a nice showroom/garage. I wouldn't have considered that mob in North Pattaya.

By not having considered "that mob in North Pattaya", you probably lost significant money due to your narrow-sightedness. I agree that the new Mitsubishi dealer is very nice, nice people and a nice showroom, but they did not give me the best price on the new Triton truck that I just purchased, not even close. And, yes, I bought it from one of the "mob" (as you describe them) in north Pattaya. I have not observed any "mob-like" behavior by any of the car dealers (unlike the Thai banks, where the collusion is obvious), bymmd. I visited all three Mitsu dealers in the Pattaya area and bought from the one who gave the lowest price for the same truck, with the same equipment. One dealer in north Pattaya even threw in back up sensors at no charge, when he could not lower the price further, and that price was B27,000 lower that the next lowest offer, which was still not the Na Jomtien Mitsu dealer.

I may get my new truck serviced by the new Mitsu dealer in Na Jomtien, and I am sure that they will be happy to have my business. The two items -- purchase and service -- are not necessarily linked -- I bought my PCX and my Forza in Bowin, but I have them serviced in Pattaya. So, if you want to throw your money away, that is entirely up to you, but I would not be proud of it if I were you. Next..........

^^^If you were talking 127,000 baht lower, then I'd be impressed. But 27K on a 700,000 plus purchase? I'd have purchased with the dealer that was going to service my vehicle. If you were (partially) financing the purchase, 27K off the price is easy for the dealer. He'll get it back later.

^^^If you were talking 127,000 baht lower, then I'd be impressed. But 27K on a 700,000 plus purchase? I'd have purchased with the dealer that was going to service my vehicle. If you were (partially) financing the purchase, 27K off the price is easy for the dealer. He'll get it back later.

Farmers are always looking for the best price for their pickups. They'll drive a hundred kilometers to save a couple thousand baht on he price.

• Like 1

Not suggesting that you or anyone else should be "impressed". The B27,000 which IMO is still significant on a new car purchase, was the difference between the best price and the second best price. The Na Jomtien dealer's price was higher still, as I said. The Na Jomtien Mitsu dealer offered a B50,000 discount, with all of the expected "free" extras, including private and government insurance, but registration (B7,400) was not included, nor was the B7,000 for the pearl white. The Mitsu dealer in north Pattaya on the east side of Sukumvit offered all of the same freebies and a B60,000 discount. The Mitsu dealer on the west side (next to the Honda dealer, which is a satellite of a large Chonburi dealer) of Sukumvit offered an B80,000 discount and threw in the registration and pearl white at no extra charge. And he threw in the back up sensors (no real value there, as the truck already has a rear camera). Cash deal, no finance. So, the price was approximately B44,500 less than the Na Jomtien dealer. That difference represents a 5.7% reduction in the price of the truck to me, and I expect a very substantial percentage reduction in his profit (I hope that is obvious). And he won't get it back later. He'll do the first oil change and any warranty work if he and his price are good, or I will go to another dealer for all future work -- I am not tied to him just because I purchased the car from him. The show room is not pretty; its pretty basic, but over the next 3 years I expect to spend less than 2.5 hours there (for oil changes, nothing else), and for a B45,000 savings I certainly can (and will) live with that.

But my original point was that if you don't shop around, even if your intention is to buy from the Na Jomtien dealer, you are not going to get the best price. The dealer that I bought from did not get serious on price negotiation until I showed him the written offer from the other dealer, then he sharpened hs pencil and got serious. I called back the sales rep at the Na Jomtien dealer and told her the price I was offered, and she could not match it or come close. I liked her and the dealership, and i would have bought from her if she had. But, unlike you, anything more than B5,000 for the same equally equipped truck would have pushed me to the dealer offering the lowest price (assuming that he is convenient). I spend an extra 1 hour going to the 2 "mob" dealers in north Pattaya and saved B44,500 -- not a bad hourly wage, and I actually enjoyed the activity and the result. But, after I buy, if service is better at another dealer and he is convenient, I'm happy to go there, and I am sure that he will be happy to have me, as he makes money at both ends. I am not driving to Lad Prao to save B5,000, but if I can drive 10 km and save B5,000+ I'll do it, and in this particular case, the dealers in north Pattaya are closer to my home than the one in Na Jomtien.