Don't return Uighurs to China, US urges

Lite Beer

Send them to Saudi Arabia. They got all the oil money and more to help their own.

Help their own ? The migrant workers who build the so called utopia that the Arab world would love you to believe are worth no more than dog sh*t wiped off their shoes- this idea of the Muslim brotherhood is just crap.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It is a constant source of wonder to me .

Why do "Muslims" claiming to be unhappy with the country they live in not flee to a better "Muslim" country ?

Maybe there are no good "Muslim" countries ?

And here come the Muslim bashing.

They were on the way to Malaysia otherwise they would not end up in the South of Thailand.

Just send them over to Malaysia

These people wish to go to a Muslim country , I feel very uncomfortable with these women dressed in black from head to toe. Correct me if I am wrong; but this type of extreme religion does not fit well within the Thai nation. The last thing we want here is a group of Wahhabi Muslims- its bad enough in the deep south as it is- Sharia law anybody? ?

What on earth are they doing here?

Of all nations- Thailand looks after its own people- they should be sent back ASAP-

Much as I hate what has happened in my home town. Not all Thai muslims wear a black sack. In fact back home in West Yorks the Wahabis would have a dicky fit if they saw how muslims dressed here,

Edited by Mosha

If the yank or UN feel strongly about it, they should take these misplaced people to US. Thailand is overcrowded as it is. And anyone in their right mind should find themselves another Kingdom to live in if they want to have a nice and quiet live.

How is Thailand overcrowded? 65 million people, same as the UK, in a land mass the size of France! Outside of the city, one can drive for hours sometimes without seeing a person - and just the odd shanty village. Certainly not overcrowded! Try Mexico City or New Delhi for over crowded.

Turkey has stated they will accept them if they are what they claim to be - so that seems the easy answer. China has been publically quiet, but no doubt is piling on the pressure under the covers. Its a coin toss right now I would think, and with the USA putting on the spotlight, it can only help matters (keeping it in the light of day and not those nasty, dangerous, darkened rooms where too many deals are made here already) - so, as a non-American, I personally applaud the USA in this matter.

If the yank or UN feel strongly about it, they should take these misplaced people to US. Thailand is overcrowded as it is. And anyone in their right mind should find themselves another Kingdom to live in if they want to have a nice and quiet live.

I think that is what they are trying to do! whistling.gif

These people wish to go to a Muslim country , I feel very uncomfortable with these women dressed in black from head to toe. Correct me if I am wrong; but this type of extreme religion does not fit well within the Thai nation. The last thing we want here is a group of Wahhabi Muslims- its bad enough in the deep south as it is- Sharia law anybody? ?

Of all nations- Thailand looks after its own people- they should be sent back ASAP-

And who are you to be saying 'the last thing we want here'. I feel very uncomfortable with farangs I pass in the supermarket who avoid eye contact at all costs as they go about their secretive lives of hiding from their Governments for whatever reason they have. I feel uncomfortable going for a drink and listening to middle aged unqualified 'English teachers' talking to each other at the next table of how they love the short skirts on the 15 year olds in their charge. The last thing we want here is the bigotry and NIMBY attitudes many of us were happy to escape. In fact there are a lot of things I feel uncomfortable about but you know what, it's non of my business.

So, send them all back Peter so you can carry on in your own little world, but when you have your next beer and are enjoying the attentions of your 18 year old 'soul mate', spare a thought for the 95 children whose parents will already have been executed or sent to gulags, and indeed the 95 children who will be raised and live their entire lives in another gulag separated from their parents. This is all real proof of Darwinism over Creationism, a God would not allow such despicable people that have a clear hatred for their fellow humanity but evolution allows all the misfits you can imagine.

The US are now testing where Thailand's loyalties are after all the mouth music, but it is a forgone conclusion so rest easy Peter. Ulghurs-G2G rice deal, Ulghurs-G2G rice deal.........I guess China gets it's rice.............and it's pesky Ulghurs.

Wow you read an awful lot into what I posted- what on earth was " the attentions of your 18 year old 'soul mate about." think all a bit over the top. Just a drunken rant?

Let's be a bit basic here- the Muslim minority are bombing, murdering, maiming people here in Thailand every week. They wish to create a separate province. The women will have little say in their lives- will be illiterate - have little say in the law- could be married at eight, would be killed for wating education, this is Sharia.

This is why the presence of these people obsessed with some sky fairy are a danger to this country, and the world in general.

They should be removed .

Yah and after shipping them to the USA to make Thailand even less crowded why not ship some useless old men back to "United Kingdom" perhaps. There are thousands here. Right on TVF always saying how democratic "home" is.

Why pick on the UK - I guess because you are not a Brit and don't want to be included in the exodus eh? Why are you less useless? Why not send us all "home"? The nation could do with a few more thousand split and homeless families with insurmountable debts (as the bread winner is kicked out). Pure genius.

Why do "Muslims" claiming to be unhappy with the country they live in not flee to a better "Muslim" country ?

They leave their own countries because they are not happy there, and promptly try to turn their new abode of choice into the sh**hole that they came from. Deport them to Iran smile.png

Well given they aren't even Iranian citizens, persian or even Farsi speakers, i doubt they'd be particularly welcome in Iran.

Your profound ignorance aside, Iran isn't like Thailand where any geriatric old crone can turn up and with 13K in the bank basicaly stay forever. I mean talk about lowering threshold to let anyone in.....

I think that is what they are trying to do! whistling.gif

And who are you to be saying 'the last thing we want here'. I feel very uncomfortable with farangs I pass in the supermarket who avoid eye contact at all costs as they go about their secretive lives of hiding from their Governments for whatever reason they have. I feel uncomfortable going for a drink and listening to middle aged unqualified 'English teachers' talking to each other at the next table of how they love the short skirts on the 15 year olds in their charge. The last thing we want here is the bigotry and NIMBY attitudes many of us were happy to escape. In fact there are a lot of things I feel uncomfortable about but you know what, it's non of my business.

So, send them all back Peter so you can carry on in your own little world, but when you have your next beer and are enjoying the attentions of your 18 year old 'soul mate', spare a thought for the 95 children whose parents will already have been executed or sent to gulags, and indeed the 95 children who will be raised and live their entire lives in another gulag separated from their parents. This is all real proof of Darwinism over Creationism, a God would not allow such despicable people that have a clear hatred for their fellow humanity but evolution allows all the misfits you can imagine.

The US are now testing where Thailand's loyalties are after all the mouth music, but it is a forgone conclusion so rest easy Peter. Ulghurs-G2G rice deal, Ulghurs-G2G rice deal.........I guess China gets it's rice.............and it's pesky Ulghurs.

Wow you read an awful lot into what I posted- what on earth was " the attentions of your 18 year old 'soul mate about." think all a bit over the top. Just a drunken rant?

Let's be a bit basic here- the Muslim minority are bombing, murdering, maiming people here in Thailand every week. They wish to create a separate province. The women will have little say in their lives- will be illiterate - have little say in the law- could be married at eight, would be killed for wating education, this is Sharia.

This is why the presence of these people obsessed with some sky fairy are a danger to this country, and the world in general.

They should be removed .

um....they already have seperate provinces down there last I looked, and I presume you are basically talking about the Yawi speaking muslims who have been there since the year dot who basically ended up on the wrong side of an arbitarily drawn line between Siam and Britain?

And what about the buddhists who, in the name of their red/yellow political philosphies, are doing the same things - and some of them are calling for partition, something not even the 'muslim minority' (except they are a majority where they live) aren't even wanting....

• Like 1

why do some people post rubbish instead of a little reading to find out where these Uighurs planned to go? huh.png

How is Thailand overcrowded? 65 million people, same as the UK, in a land mass the size of France! Outside of the city, one can drive for hours sometimes without seeing a person - and just the odd shanty village. Certainly not overcrowded! Try Mexico City or New Delhi for over crowded.

Turkey has stated they will accept them if they are what they claim to be - so that seems the easy answer. China has been publically quiet, but no doubt is piling on the pressure under the covers. Its a coin toss right now I would think, and with the USA putting on the spotlight, it can only help matters (keeping it in the light of day and not those nasty, dangerous, darkened rooms where too many deals are made here already) - so, as a non-American, I personally applaud the USA in this matter.

You've just described Australia, Canada, Mongolia or Russia, certainly not Thailand. In general you can't go more than a couple of mins driving anywhere in Thailand at any time of day or night before seeing a passing car or motorcycle which, despite popular belief are all being driven by other people! While Thailand may not quite be overcrowded, it is certainly not empty like you describe. It's actually quite amazing that you can't go more than a min or so before seeing another vehicle even at 3am in Udon Thani province, or Chiang Rai, or Sa Kaew or anywhere else. Believe me, I've driven the whole of Thailand and every few weeks I'm out on the roads and there are people, cars, motorcycles and villages etc. everywhere.

right you are! i'd be scared shytless meeting one of these black dressed Wahhabi Muslim women past midnight in a dark Pattaya Soi.

cheesy.gif

• Like 2

why do some people post rubbish instead of a little reading to find out where these Uighurs planned to go? huh.png

limited brain capacity I guess...

• Like 1

You've just described Australia, Canada, Mongolia or Russia, certainly not Thailand. In general you can't go more than a couple of mins driving anywhere in Thailand at any time of day or night before seeing a passing car or motorcycle which, despite popular belief are all being driven by other people! While Thailand may not quite be overcrowded, it is certainly not empty like you describe. It's actually quite amazing that you can't go more than a min or so before seeing another vehicle even at 3am in Udon Thani province, or Chiang Rai, or Sa Kaew or anywhere else. Believe me, I've driven the whole of Thailand and every few weeks I'm out on the roads and there are people, cars, motorcycles and villages etc. everywhere.

No, Thailand is not empty - I didn't mean to imply it was. I was referring to the amount of unused space (unused for living in - as would be the case in an overcrowded nation).

Cars and bikes are not people (although people are in them we hope) - overcrowding can not be characterised by the sight of vehicles on the roads unless they are gridlocked or at least jammed - this only happens here in main cities and is as much to do with bad roads and driving than the amount of vehicles. Thais are not walkers - they get on their bikes or cars to drive to 7-11 across the road.

As said, I was referring to the landscape rather than other road users - yes I could drive from CM to CR and see many cars in both directions (nothing compared to the M6 let alone the M1 or M25!) - and at intervals I pass small towns etc, but with large gaps where there is little but rough ground, mountains, jungle, paddy and the odd wooden hut or temple - that is not overcrowded, far from it. Even the little villages and towns are full of empty, often decaying or newly built, buildings - and although buildings are still going up at an alarming rate, many are without any buyers - probably mostly so. I can see no way of calling Thailand overcrowded, other than subjectively and in a narrow way.

Sure it is not as uncrowded as Alaska or northern Canada, etc, but that is the other extreme - I would not even call the UK overcrowded, but it has a population equal to Thailand (and greater per cap car ownership too) with 94k sq miles as opposed to Thailand's almost 200k sq miles.

• Like 1

WOW! One thing is for sure after reading all of these posts. It's the fact that many keyboard, armchair and bar stool Diplomats are members of Thai Visa. The opinions expressed here go from one end of the spectrum to the other. I guess it's because opinions are just like a55holes. Everybody's got one! cheesy.gif

• Like 1

What is Thailand going to do with them? If the U.S is so concerned then send a plane over to pick them up and take to the U.S to live. If they are not prepared to do that then they should keep their noses out of it and let Thailand decide what to do.

These people were trafficked into Thailand & it is often reported that Thais are involved. In another report it was mentioned that the traffickers (in collaboration with corrupt Thais?) were demanding an additional US$20k for each person to have their doco returned so they could be moved into Malaysia.

Thailand has constantly committed to reducing human trafficking, but appears to have little success. It is Thailands' ownership to work with relevant international organisations. This is a good opportunity to demonstrate Thai understanding of human rights issues & not be downgraded to Tier Three watchlist in a few months time.

Turkey has already stated that if proven to be Uighurs they will accept them.

oh so the thais are involved yet they blame china for it.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yah and after shipping them to the USA to make Thailand even less crowded why not ship some useless old men back to "United Kingdom" perhaps. There are thousands here. Right on TVF always saying how democratic "home" is.

Thank you for stating what everyone else is thinking....

What is Thailand going to do with them? If the U.S is so concerned then send a plane over to pick them up and take to the U.S to live. If they are not prepared to do that then they should keep their noses out of it and let Thailand decide what to do.

The USA isn't telling Thailand to keep them here, they are just suggesting to not send them back to a country where they are discriminated against. Surely you must have some sort of compassion for other human beings. Maybe not.

If Turkey has agreed to take them after their claims have been verified - then let them go there soon. Thailand should stand up for human rights and not be dictated to by China. Unfortunately the record on human rights is not good - as the refugee camps on the Myanmar border would indicate. Whatever happened to compassion ?

Dictated to by China ? I think you misread the article. The US is doing the dictating as usual. Not China. It is a matter for the Thais, the Chinese and UNHCR.

China has one of the worst human rights records in the region. If the Ulghurs return to China they will almost certainly be punished, and there is absolutely nothing that UNHCR can do if this happens. These refugees didn't leave China because they wanted a holiday. Like The US for many western countries, China has massive influence economically, and politically throughout Asia, and unfortunately Thailand is unlikely to stand up for the human rights protocols to which it is a signatory

For the many that ask why the USA does not take them, it is because they come too Thailand and not USA. USA excepts more immigrants then anywhere else in the world and I bet that USA contributes more charity then any country in the world. I even bet that USA gives Thailand money. So for all you that think USA should take care of this problem you should make sure that your country is doing their fair share

Don't worry! When someone in Finland hears about their "suffering" they will welcome all and pay their tickets AND ASK FOR MORE. Just email Eva Biaudet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eva_Biaudet) and Thailand is safe.

If Turkey has agreed to take them after their claims have been verified - then let them go there soon. Thailand should stand up for human rights and not be dictated to by China. Unfortunately the record on human rights is not good - as the refugee camps on the Myanmar border would indicate. Whatever happened to compassion ?

Dictated to by China ? I think you misread the article. The US is doing the dictating as usual. Not China. It is a matter for the Thais, the Chinese and UNHCR.

China has one of the worst human rights records in the region. If the Ulghurs return to China they will almost certainly be punished, and there is absolutely nothing that UNHCR can do if this happens. These refugees didn't leave China because they wanted a holiday. Like The US for many western countries, China has massive influence economically, and politically throughout Asia, and unfortunately Thailand is unlikely to stand up for the human rights protocols to which it is a signatory

Yes, China needs more people with knives on the streets...whistling.gif

Edited by FinChin67

The USA isn't telling Thailand to keep them here, they are just suggesting to not send them back to a country where they are discriminated against. Surely you must have some sort of compassion for other human beings. Maybe not.

Ok and how about the billion other people who have no money to pay for the smugglers?

Ok and how about the billion other people who have no money to pay for the smugglers?

Since when does someone seeking refuge have to be poor?

Half the reason we have international agreements like we do was due to the fact that before the second world war, Jews escaping persecution from the Nazis' were turned away from the UK, US and Canada...and back to occupied Nazi Europe, and mostly to their deaths.

If someone has a claim, they have a right to have it heard.

Since when does someone seeking refuge have to be poor?

Half the reason we have international agreements like we do was due to the fact that before the second world war, Jews escaping persecution from the Nazis' were turned away from the UK, US and Canada...and back to occupied Nazi Europe, and mostly to their deaths.

If someone has a claim, they have a right to have it heard.

Yes, they have a right to have their claim to be heard. How many rich refugees you have encountered? I also oppose 100% of these people (who pay the smugglers) to come live off taxpayers money in other countries. You have not heard of welfare fraud by asylum-seekers?

Watch this:

• Like 1

Yes, they have a right to have their claim to be heard. How many rich refugees you have encountered? I also oppose 100% of these people (who pay the smugglers) to come live off taxpayers money in other countries. You have not heard of welfare fraud by asylum-seekers?

[/url]

What is your point? That people shouldn't have their claims for asylum considered on the off chance that they might commit welfare fraud?

Give me a break.

Edited by samran

What is your point? That people shouldn't have their claims for asylum considered on the off chance that they might commit welfare fraud?

Give me a break.

Read again and watch the video. I said they have the right to have their claim heard. I still say that 99.99% of the "refugees" are the ones that are better off and are able to pay the smugglers. The few are "hand picked" by agencies and flown to Europe or elsewhere. How about the others who can't pay? Will you go and take care of them? What if these in question are the terrorists that have killed people in China? Some people see the world through rose tinted glasses.