Begger at tesco lotus pattanakarn

maidee

Anybody had his family approached by a begger duo older woman and young boy, claiming they are pennyless and need 300 baht per person to be able to take the train nack to their home town, as the woman was looking for her husband in bangkok, that ran away with another woman?

Smelled like a scam, asking 600 baht with their sob story.

My wife almost went for it before i snapped her out of it. They possibly approached her because they saw farang husband, that was bringing the groceries to the car.

Opinons. Same story told elsewhere?

Just wondering.

They possibly approached her because they saw farang husband, that was bringing the groceries to the car.

Opinons. Same story told elsewhere?

Just wondering.

Yes, definitely a scam. Even beggars know that only farangs have lots of money and drive their own cars.

It's all a big conspiracy...these so called "beggars" actually pull it about 1million baht per day, and hide their Maserati round the corner.

Good job that you didn't fall for it; that money would have gone straight towards buying them another Shetland pony for their stable.

• Like 1

as for now and since some 4-5 years, trains are FREE for Thai-that is, the local all-stops 3d class seats.

And it would not be Khmer-they never talk. Though tipically Khmer beggars have a rented child with them.

Scam: look in the dictionary, thats something else. This is just preying on your emotions.

A young guy went up to my wife and gave the same story wanting 300 baht for his train faire home ,upped it to 600 when he saw me ,he was quite well dressed and before i could stop her she gave it to him ,when i had a go at her she reckoned it was her good deed. .

It's a popular tactic. I fell victim to it in Los Angeles where a young man in a suit needed money to repair his car. I gave him what he asked for - $20 or $30 and offered to drop him off at his broken-down car. He got in and had me drive him to the outside of a storage yard with a ten-foot fence around it. He said that his car was inside and got out but then walked in a direction away from the entrance to the yard. I wisely, I think, drove quietly away. So it happens in the USA too!?

as for now and since some 4-5 years, trains are FREE for Thai-that is

That is not

Trains are not free for Thais, not even the third class. I traveled two times in the last two months by train. And always Thais had to show tickets and if they couldn't show them they had to buy tickets right away.